PDA

View Full Version : 10-6 or 6-10

juice
08-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Pre-training camp alot of people here said they thought this team was improved over last year's, I dont know why when:

A: We lost our Line Captain off of an already pitiful Line and failed to add depth to the unit in the offseason.

B: Failed to effectively address the most glaring issue that this Defense has in the lack of Pressure on opposing QBs.

C: Have not sured up the Return game thus far in the Pre-season.. Using Starters when our team overall health is getting worse by the Day is no longer an option.

After the brilliant display against the Colts alot of these issues will have to be resolved.. We can no longer afford to use starters as return guys.. When we have First Round world class sprinters languishing on the bench hardly contributing.. "Its Too Dangerous to have him returning" is what you hear but at the same time anyone see the danger in Reed and Clements returning kicks, They are starters with huge roles on their units.

"Adjusting to the Pro Game" is no excuse for Evans... Just go deep or run Evans on a skinney post every play he's in the Game.

How many of those 10-6 people are still out there after that Brilliant performance against the Colts. Without a O-Line this Offense hasn't improved itself enough to be a playoff unit and is destined to fail.

bills_7
08-29-2004, 01:20 PM
11-5..... im not changing my mind ovr one preseason game

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Pre-training camp alot of people here said they thought this team was improved over last year's, I dont know why when:

A: We lost our Line Captain off of an already pitiful Line and failed to add depth to the unit in the offseason.

B: Failed to effectively address the most glaring issue that this Defense has in the lack of Pressure on opposing QBs.

C: Have not sured up the Return game thus far in the Pre-season.. Using Starters when our team overall health is getting worse by the Day is no longer an option.

After the brilliant display against the Colts alot of these issues will have to be resolved.. We can no longer afford to use starters as return guys.. When we have First Round world class sprinters languishing on the bench hardly contributing.. "Its Too Dangerous to have him returning" is what you hear but at the same time anyone see the danger in Reed and Clements returning kicks, They are starters with huge roles on their units.

"Adjusting to the Pro Game" is no excuse for Evans... Just go deep or run Evans on a skinney post every play he's in the Game.

How many of those 10-6 people are still out there after that Brilliant performance against the Colts. Without a O-Line this Offense hasn't improved itself enough to be a playoff unit and is destined to fail.

you are right. this isnt a 10-6 team. Its an 11-5 team. :)

and seriously............what is your obsession with Ruben Brown? He is gone man....let it go and begin the healing.

mypoorfriendme
08-29-2004, 01:23 PM
11-5..... im not changing my mind ovr one preseason game

atleast someones on my side about refusing to abandon all hope because of one, two, or three poor preseason games with trying a brand new offense for the first time at game speed.

however, i have to admit deep down, my expectations have gone from 9-7, to the 8-8 range simply because the o-line has yet to show me theyve made any improvements at all.

B-DON
08-29-2004, 01:46 PM
so what is your prediction for the season then juice?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-29-2004, 01:46 PM
11-5? You have to be kidding.

juice
08-29-2004, 01:47 PM
you are right. this isnt a 10-6 team. Its an 11-5 team. :)

and seriously............what is your obsession with Ruben Brown? He is gone man....let it go and begin the healing.

Quiet Everyone, SaviorBledsoe is speaking on Obsessions.. :zipit:

The point is we have no answer at the LG Position except a Ravens Practice squad guy who was formerly #3 on the depth chart.. Why didn't TD address the issue in FA or the Draft? Maybe he was setting "YOUR BOY" Bledsoe the Savior up for Failure.

I dont think 11-5 is possible.. Maybe 7-9 but without a Lineman with a clue how to open run lanes the Run Game will be shut-down like the first two games of last year. Wk 1 against the Jags will be Brutal on all three of our Backs.

Come on Savior Obsession.. I see why you are trying to change your name, Your ready to jump on the Drew-Bashing Bandwagon. How about changing it to "Young Wys"

juice
08-29-2004, 01:50 PM
so what is your prediction for the season then juice?

Thats easy, No Line or Line Depth.. No capable backup QB---> No Playoffs 7-9.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Quiet Everyone, SaviorBledsoe is speaking on Obsessions.. :zipit:

The point is we have no answer at the LG Position except a Ravens Practice squad guy who was formerly #3 on the depth chart.. Why didn't TD address the issue in FA or the Draft? Maybe he was setting "YOUR BOY" Bledsoe the Savior up for Failure.

I dont think 11-5 is possible.. Maybe 7-9 but without a Lineman with a clue how to open run lanes the Run Game will be shut-down like the first two games of last year. Wk 1 against the Jags will be Brutal on all three of our Backs.

Come on Savior Obsession.. I see why you are trying to change your name, Your ready to jump on the Drew-Bashing Bandwagon. How about changing it to "Young Wys"

oh my that was a stupid post.

i am not obsessed with Bledsoe.

if he were cut tomorrow I can gaurantee that i wouldnt still be *****ing about it 6 months later IN EVERY SINGLE POST :yap:

B-DON
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
so if the bills go better than 7-9, which i guarantee they will, will u shut the hell up about fat ass ruben leaving and how "great" he is

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 02:00 PM
so if the bills go better than 7-9, which i guarantee they will, will u shut the hell up about fat ass ruben leaving and how "great" he is

ROFLMAO

juice
08-29-2004, 02:06 PM
oh my that was a stupid post.

i am not obsessed with Bledsoe.

if he were cut tomorrow I can gaurantee that i wouldnt still be *****ing about it 6 months later IN EVERY SINGLE POST :yap:

Let me get this straight.. Your not obsessed, But he's your Savior.. You may want to hurry and change your name, Sounds like a Flip-Flop.

How do you think "YOURBOY" Bledsoe in gonna do with this line when teams are actually running Blitz-Packages and Jailbreaks? I dont think he'll last 6 weeks with Smith watching his Blindside, and we have NO BACKUP QB, so I see us going maybe .500 on the strength of the Defense.. Bledsoe will be run out of town then you can change your name to SaviorNobody when Drew is forced into retirement from a Ray Lewis MLB Blitz. :doh:

juice
08-29-2004, 02:10 PM

Can You Guarantee the Sixers will make the Playoffs next year, Even with "The newest Sixer" or AI will still be in Philly? Well how can you guarantee more than 7 wins.

We wont beat anyone in the AFC-East but maybe the Phins.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Let me get this straight.. Your not obsessed, But he's your Savior.. You may want to hurry and change your name, Sounds like a Flip-Flop.

How do you think "YOURBOY" Bledsoe in gonna do with this line when teams are actually running Blitz-Packages and Jailbreaks? I dont think he'll last 6 weeks with Smith watching his Blindside, and we have NO BACKUP QB, so I see us going maybe .500 on the strength of the Defense.. Bledsoe will be run out of town then you can change your name to SaviorNobody when Drew is forced into retirement from a Ray Lewis MLB Blitz. :doh:

OH CHRIST ARE YOU SLOW? he is "MY SAVIOR" when i made the name he was the Savior for this teams Offense.. now maybe things have changed since then in your opinion but he is not my hero or my savior. he is 1 of my 4 favorite players on this team and if he were gone tomorrow i could deal with it. comprende?

hurls
08-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Can You Guarantee the Sixers will make the Playoffs next year, Even with "The newest Sixer" or AI will still be in Philly? Well how can you guarantee more than 7 wins.

We wont beat anyone in the AFC-East but maybe the Phins.

I'd like to think my Sixers are a lock for the Playoffs, but then again, I thought that last year. :(

As for Buffalo, 6-10 seems more realistic, but i think they'll squeak a couple more out to finish .500

juice
08-29-2004, 02:14 PM
OH CHRIST ARE YOU SLOW? he is "MY SAVIOR" when i made the name he was the Savior for this teams Offense.. now maybe things have changed since then in your opinion but he is not my hero or my savior. he is 1 of my 4 favorite players on this team and if he were gone tomorrow i could deal with it. comprende?

Dont worry he'll be gone soon.. This Line will see to that.

My question to you, Since he's Someones Savior, Is will he ever get anymore run in the NFL.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
My question to you, Since he's Someones Savior, Is will he ever get anymore run in the NFL.

What????????? :meh:

Hemlepp53
08-29-2004, 02:22 PM
10 - 6 .. Playoff Apperance!!! Still As Spoken From My Mouth Before... LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

juice
08-29-2004, 02:24 PM
What????????? :meh:

Once this offense fails because of LinePlay once again, and we dont make the Playoffs do you feel like Bledsoe's release will be justified.. And will he ever play in this League again?

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Once this offense fails because of LinePlay once again, and we dont make the Playoffs do you feel like Bledsoe's release will be justified.. And will he ever play in this League again?

i dont know and i dont care. if he is not a bill anymore then i could care less.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 02:31 PM
10 - 6 .. Playoff Apperance!!! Still As Spoken From My Mouth Before... LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

HELL YEAH! :dance:

BUFFALONRTH76
08-29-2004, 02:41 PM
I thought the O line opened some nice holes for Willis to run through, excpet he's still very hesitant hitting the hole.. If Henry had played, I think he would have racked the yards up.... I don't think play-offs is at all out of the question this year, they just have to gel some more.

:peace:

LABillsFan
08-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I haven't changed my mind either, I looked at the schedule, took in consideration last years performance, the FA's aquired and lost all before camp even started. No better than 8-8.

ZacGriffi~82
08-29-2004, 03:19 PM
10-6 or i'll be pissed. We're a good enough team to win more then 10 games even.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2004, 03:24 PM
For all of you who are diving head first off the bandwagon after a shaky preseason game and a couple of injuries: The Bills will suck it up and play like the professionals they are, not like some of their whining fans. I think they will turn adversity into an 11-5, playoff caliber season.

BAM
08-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Bills will be at least 9-7

BTW, Ruben Brown - most overrated Bills player EVER. Quite possibly the most overrated NFL Offensive Lineman EVER.

juice
08-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I haven't changed my mind either, I looked at the schedule, took in consideration last years performance, the FA's aquired and lost all before camp even started. No better than 8-8.

Good to see A realistic viewpoint, And now that the injury bug has bitten us, what will happen if and when DB gets injured because of this swiss cheese line, Zolman steps in and wins 6 outof 8 games? Not very realistic.. We'll be lucky to go .500 with this Line.

juice
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Bills will be at least 9-7

BTW, Ruben Brown - most overrated Bills player EVER. Quite possibly the most overrated NFL Offensive Lineman EVER.

I think Ruben was our 2nd best Lineman last year and Smith,Tucker and Puscillo are no better than depth chart players.. Not League Starters.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 05:09 PM
I have said and will continue to say 6-10. However, this latest fiasco at QB could potentially drive us to even lower depths, but I'm just not ready to think about that yet. Even I have my limits. My hope is that we pull of a miracle and grab a QB (who I have no idea) that can stand in and not embarass us.

HenryRules
08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
i said 6-10 at the start of the preseason, but with the problems Miami has I think we'll now go 7-9.

Anything better than that and I will be amazed.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 06:28 PM
u people are hilarious. its a good thing the team and the management doesnt pack up shop at the first sign of adversity.

TedMock
08-29-2004, 06:30 PM
We definitely need to get a vet QB in here. I still this team can win 9 or 10 games, but it's all on the line now. That's what scares me. Do I think we need or miss Ruben? Absolutely not. NFL Network replayed yesterday's Chicago game earlier today (Bills are on at 9), and I specifically watched Ruben just because I haven't seen him all preseason. Anyway, he's back to left guard there and his play seemed the same as last year. Very good run blocker, horrible pass blocker, with an offsides penalty. Where we need the most help, he can't provide that. I always stated that he's a good run blocker, but his pass blocking was suspect. It was 100% true in last nights game. He almost got Grossman killed on one particular play and gave up some hurries on others. Run blocking was real solid, though. I liked the guy when he was with us, but I just want to clear up that if we're going to be weak at guard pass protection, we might as well not overpay. I also watched the Falcons game specifically for Price, and he looked really good. Oddly enough, Matt Schaub was QB'ing. Schaub actually looked like a stud. He had over 200 yards and 3 TD's in fewer than 3 quarters.

ScottLawrence
08-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Think of it this way guys..... If our special teams didn't have so many botches.

The final score would've been 20-17 and, not as many negative posts.

I still don't see why everyones so negative..... Sullivan WAS the problem last night as far as im concerned, the rest of the line played fine. If Henry played he would've busted many runs for solid gains, IMO.

McGahee just isn't up to speed yet.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 06:37 PM
u people are hilarious. its a good thing the team and the management doesnt pack up shop at the first sign of adversity.First sign of adversity? The oline has been struggling horribly since camp and has not improved. The offense hasn't scored a TD in 3 games. Drew looks the same. TH is hurt and WM is still not looking 100%. Evans has all but disappeared. Milloy is out. JP is out. Brown is out.

Seems to me there are more than a few signs. :idunno:

juice
08-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Bears website said that Ruben played solid and had no mention of him giving up any sacks or having any false starts, They did mention another Lineman giving up a sack as well as jumping off-sides. They had 169 yds rushing and I think the starters only gave up one sack so it looks as if they might be a more cohesive unit on the O-LINE compared to ours.

ScottLawrence
08-29-2004, 06:38 PM
First sign of adversity? The oline has been struggling horribly since camp and has not improved. The offense hasn't scored a TD in 3 games. Drew looks the same. TH is hurt and WM is still not looking 100%. Evans has all but disappeared. Milloy is out. JP is out. Brown is out.

Seems to me there are more then a few signs. :idunno:

Isn't it ironic that Jacksonville's first team offense hasn't scored a TD either?

And we play them opening game.

I agree with Evans, Although he probably would've had a nice gain on that long pass if Brown didn't underthrow it.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Isn't it ironic that Jacksonville's first team offense hasn't scored a TD either?
Seems like it is right on target. We were 6-10 last year, they were 5-11, and neither team made major upgrades to their offenses.

Jax
2003: 5-11
2002: 6-10
2001: 6-10

TedMock
08-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Bears website said that Ruben played solid and had no mention of him giving up any sacks or having any false starts, They did mention another Lineman giving up a sack as well as jumping off-sides. They had 169 yds rushing and I think the starters only gave up one sack so it looks as if they might be a more cohesive unit on the O-LINE compared to ours.

He didn't give up a sack, Grossman got tattooed as he threw the ball. The Chicago Oline did a very good job run blocking. Grossman was most definitely running for his life on most passing downs, though. He even had 2 (that I saw) intentional groundings because of pressure up the middle. It wasn't just Ruben, I was just mentioning him because he's still having trouble pass blocking, and of course he's a former Bill. Kreutz struggled too for some reason, and he's their best lineman. The one guy on their line who looked real good was their right guard. I can't remember his name, but he dominated all around. They pulled him around the end on several plays, and he was crushing people.

juice
08-29-2004, 06:55 PM
He didn't give up a sack, Grossman got tattooed as he threw the ball. The Chicago Oline did a very good job run blocking. Grossman was most definitely running for his life on most passing downs, though. He even had 2 (that I saw) intentional groundings because of pressure up the middle. It wasn't just Ruben, I was just mentioning him because he's still having trouble pass blocking, and of course he's a former Bill. Kreutz struggled too for some reason, and he's their best lineman. The one guy on their line who looked real good was their right guard. I can't remember his name, but he dominated all around. They pulled him around the end on several plays, and he was crushing people.

Bears website said that it was the LT Mitchell that got beat badly and got called for a Hold and it could have been Others called on him that weren't called.

also said the RT play was a brightspot.

But overall I think they feel like they got a steal in aquiring Brown and adding to their Line-Depth.. something our line is badly lacking.

TedMock
08-29-2004, 07:00 PM
The LT sucks. I was most impressed with the RG. That guy can move and hit on the run. I'm not trying to bash Brown, I'm just telling what I watched this afternoon. Run blocking was good, pass blocking was poor. All around, not just Ruben. I did watch him very closely, and he wasn't stellar on the pass. Like I said, Grossman was running around all day. I loved the guy as a Bill, I just don't think he'd really help with where we need help. Maybe you're right, maybe he does help out on pass protection. I personally don't think so, only because he hasn't in 2 or 3 years. Not that it's not possible. Just my opinion.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
First sign of adversity? The oline has been struggling horribly since camp and has not improved. The offense hasn't scored a TD in 3 games. Drew looks the same. TH is hurt and WM is still not looking 100%. Evans has all but disappeared. Milloy is out. JP is out. Brown is out.

Seems to me there are more than a few signs. :idunno:

Drew does not look the same as last year. I KNOW most would agree with me. Much quicker throws and smarter passes. While the o-line is a concern because they havent had much chance to be together as a unit, they arent struggling horribly IMO. The shorter, quicker throws by Bledsoe will remedy the line pass blocking problems. TH isnt hurt, if it were a regular season game he would have been in there. WM doesnt need to look 100% yet because he is not the starter. Evans may not have had his number called because its a vanilla offense with the afformentioned short quick passes. In a regular season game, the methodical running and short pass plays would open up the defense for the long bombs to Evans. Milloy I am betting will play with a cast on 9/12 and JP and Brown are backups and we will bring in a new Vet backup this week. I think I pretty much covered it all. This is not a lot of adversity. See MIAMI DOLPHINS in the dictionary if you want to see a lot of adversity. If you have any more questions, dont hesitate to ask :tip:

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Drew does not look the same as last year. I KNOW most would agree with me. Much quicker throws and smarter passes. While the o-line is a concern because they havent had much chance to be together as a unit, they arent struggling horribly IMO. The shorter, quicker throws by Bledsoe will remedy the line pass blocking problems. TH isnt hurt, if it were a regular season game he would have been in there. WM doesnt need to look 100% yet because he is not the starter. Evans may not have had his number called because its a vanilla offense with the afformentioned short quick passes. In a regular season game, the methodical running and short pass plays would open up the defense for the long bombs to Evans. Milloy I am betting will play with a cast on 9/12 and JP and Brown are backups and we will bring in a new Vet backup this week. I think I pretty much covered it all. This is not a lot of adversity. See MIAMI DOLPHINS in the dictionary if you want to see a lot of adversity. If you have any more questions, dont hesitate to ask :tip:Well, that's certainly one way to look at things. Unsuprisingly I disagree with it 100%, and I KNOW alot of other people do as well. The way you make it sound, the team is on the way to the playoffs without a care in the world. As for your opinion on Miami, I'd be careful with what you say. I would bet real dollars that our records will not be that far apart at the end of the season. Mark my words.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, that's certainly one way to look at things. Unsuprisingly I disagree with it 100%, and I KNOW alot of other people do as well. The way you make it sound, the team is on the way to the playoffs without a care in the world. As for your opinion on Miami, I'd be careful with what you say. I would bet real dollars that our records will not be that far apart at the end of the season. Mark my words.

Thank god we only have 2 more weeks till we start to see who is right. At least I hope you hope I am right. Right?????????????

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Thank god we only have 2 more weeks till we start to see who is right. At least I hope you hope I am right. Right?????????????

hmmmmmmmmm?

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 02:10 PM
8-8

juice
08-30-2004, 02:35 PM
With Milloy missing significant time I think 8-8 might be a bit optimistic. :doh:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 02:41 PM
With Milloy missing significant time I think 8-8 might be a bit optimistic. :doh:

Milloy isnt going to miss much if any time. And Wire will fill in fine. and we wont see the day where a strong safety makes that much of an impact on our record.

juice
08-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Milloy isnt going to miss much if any time. And Wire will fill in fine. and we wont see the day where a strong safety makes that much of an impact on our record.

Every position is important on Defense.. thats the meaning of being a starter in a UNIT. PP has more experience at SS and has been effective in the past.

Bills Daily says 4-6 weeks is the usual time required for that type of injury.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Every position is important on Defense.. thats the meaning of being a starter in a UNIT. PP has more experience at SS and has been effective in the past.

Bills Daily says 4-6 weeks is the usual time required for that type of injury.

Are you sure you arent thinking of free safety when you talk about PP? You do remember who the starting SS was for all of 02? It was Wire and he did pretty damn good.

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
true..but Pierson was the starter the year before Coy...which is what I think he's talking about.

stucknmaine
08-30-2004, 07:10 PM
we aren't going to be anywhere near a .500 team much less have a winning record. everyone is crying about our lack of a back-up qb, what about the starting qb. bledsoe isn't going to be anything but a target. he is a statue who is always hearing defensive footsteps. the o-line is nothing but offensive. it is a big sieve. ruben brown should not have made 3/4 of the pro bowls teams. he wasn't much better than john fina. jennings can't stay healthy. mike williams is very close to being ranked as one of the worst first round picks of an 0-lineman. remember tony mandarich? villiarial is very ordinary. smith from the ravens is the only bright spot? hope bledsoe has that other insurance--asscrack. pucillo, tucker, etc...are stiffs. wr's- moulds is very tough, but can't stay healthy. lee evans is a rookie. yet it shouldn't take genius to run a post or a line deep with his speed. j. reed is not a #2 wr. mularkey must think he is in a hines ward. bobby shaw etc, nothing special. besides these guys need to get open before the qb gets killed. our schedule is not going to be helping us any either. it doesn't matter who is the qb--we are going to be a brutal team to watch.

juice
08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Exactly how long have you been stuck up there in Maine? :crazy:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 08:42 PM
we aren't going to be anywhere near a .500 team much less have a winning record. everyone is crying about our lack of a back-up qb, what about the starting qb. bledsoe isn't going to be anything but a target. he is a statue who is always hearing defensive footsteps. the o-line is nothing but offensive. it is a big sieve. ruben brown should not have made 3/4 of the pro bowls teams. he wasn't much better than john fina. jennings can't stay healthy. mike williams is very close to being ranked as one of the worst first round picks of an 0-lineman. remember tony mandarich? villiarial is very ordinary. smith from the ravens is the only bright spot? hope bledsoe has that other insurance--asscrack. pucillo, tucker, etc...are stiffs. wr's- moulds is very tough, but can't stay healthy. lee evans is a rookie. yet it shouldn't take genius to run a post or a line deep with his speed. j. reed is not a #2 wr. mularkey must think he is in a hines ward. bobby shaw etc, nothing special. besides these guys need to get open before the qb gets killed. our schedule is not going to be helping us any either. it doesn't matter who is the qb--we are going to be a brutal team to watch.

ahhhhhhhhhhh only 13 more days :yap:

Hemlepp53
08-30-2004, 09:35 PM
For all of you who are diving head first off the bandwagon after a shaky preseason game and a couple of injuries: The Bills will suck it up and play like the professionals they are, not like some of their whining fans. I think they will turn adversity into an 11-5, playoff caliber season.

Yeah... We are A PLAYOFF CALIBER TEAM... We need PLAYOFF CALIBER play this season. Anything else would be unacceptable.... :dance: