PDA

View Full Version : Travis Brown - torn ACL

G. Host
08-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Just what heard on ESPN. No link yet.

Injured reserve I hear but I do not understand why they do not do the injury settlement like last year.

ArcticWildMan
08-29-2004, 05:41 PM

Injured reserve I hear but I do not understand why they do not do the injury settlement like last year.

Because he was our #2 QB.
Injury settlements are normally for players who we cut. The settlement for a #2 would be quite substantial. Cheaper to just IR him.

FTG
08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Now I'm really pissed Losman got hurt :mad:

Jan Reimers
08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Now we begin the search for a backup QB in earnest.

ryjam282
08-29-2004, 06:16 PM
I guess we can all pray that Drew doesn't go down....We would be in some deep crap. Too bad our O line is horrible.

elltrain22
08-29-2004, 06:16 PM
The injury bug has hit us harder than any other team in the NFL so far, this is not a good thing at all.

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 06:18 PM
The injury bug has hit us harder than any other team in the NFL so far, this is not a good thing at all.

Dolphins. :;

HenryRules
08-29-2004, 06:19 PM

I think that's a bit of overreaction ... it's expected that no starters will be missing the opening game of the season. That's a pretty fortunate pre-season I think.

We lost our taxi QB and our backup ... Considering Drew has only missed a start one season in his career, I'm not too worried about the impact of our injuries (obviously I'd prefer everyone healthy, but I don't think these injuries are going to alter our record)

G. Host
08-29-2004, 06:19 PM
It had seemed like Bills were relatively free of it and what do some fans do? Mess up karma and make jokes of injuries to other teams. Bad karma always comes back to bite you!

juice
08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
anyone know how much recovery time is expected for a torn ACL?

FTG
08-29-2004, 06:32 PM
all year.

ArcticWildMan
08-29-2004, 06:44 PM

All year for an athlete who is driven to and has the ability to come back. Travis wasn't exactly the next Brett Favre so this is most likely a career ending injury for him (at least with the Bills).

Ebenezer
08-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Because he was our #2 QB.
Injury settlements are normally for players who we cut. The settlement for a #2 would be quite substantial. Cheaper to just IR him.
that is not exactly true...Travis is making chump change this year...his salary is not of concern to the Bills. by putting him on IR basically they are picking up all the costs, letting him rehab and still paying him...an injury settlement would have been cheaper and may have actually cost the Bills let in the long run...clump can go into more detail than I.

and yes AWM, you are correct...it is probably the end of his Bills career at the minimum...i would be the end of his career

TedMock
08-29-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't think we've been hit the hardest. It sucks not having a backup QB two weeks before the season, but at least they're back ups. I met Milloy still plays somehow with a cast. Henry's and Jennings' injuries aren't serious. Miami (if you include Ricky's brain as being injured) has been hit pretty hard. They made up for the loss of Boston by signing Booker, but still no RB and they also lost a safety. Heck Arizona lost Anquan Boldin...that's huge. Maybe Fitzgerald steps right in, but maybe not. Those are big shoes to fill. The Redskins lost John Janson, a very good right tackle.....don't forget Brunell is left handed. It happens. We don't need to panic just yet.

Charlieguide
08-29-2004, 07:16 PM
. . . We lost our taxi QB and our backup ... Considering Drew has only missed a start one season in his career, I'm not too worried about the impact of our injuries . . .

Make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you knock on wood after saying things like that.

Michael82
08-29-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know about you guys...but I'm actually glad that Brown's injury is a season ending one, rather than a 6-8week one. If it was a 6-8 week injury, we'd be carrying two injured QBs on our active roster and it would be a waste of a roster spot. Now we can just put him on IR.

The_Philster
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
problem is, we need to bring someone in with less than 2 weeks left in the preseason and hope he learns the playbook fast enough so that he can do the job if something happens to Drew

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 08:03 PM
problem is, we need to bring someone in with less than 2 weeks left in the preseason and hope he learns the playbook fast enough so that he can do the job if something happens to Drew
Agreed, which I why I would try REALLLY hard to swing something with Baltimore to get Stewart. He knows MM/TC's system better than anyone.

The_Philster
08-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Agreed, :faint:

WagonCircler
08-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Are you positive they said ACL? Because I heard it was his MCL, and there's a HUGE difference.

G. Host
08-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Are you positive they said ACL? Because I heard it was his MCL, and there's a HUGE difference.

No I am absolutely positive. I was listening to radio but not that closely and I listened again but they did not repeat it. It could have been a MCL.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I feel bad for WYS...now TB will never get to prove him right.

TigerJ
08-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Over at TBD, a poster has posted a tip saying he had spoken to players who told him it was an MCL. I'm not betting the farm on anything I hear until there is some official word.

Ebenezer
08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Over at TBD, a poster has posted a tip saying he had spoken to players who told him it was an MCL. I'm not betting the farm on anything I hear until there is some official word.
doesn't matter...he's not playing for the bills ever again....

WagonCircler
08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
doesn't matter...he's not playing for the bills ever again....

Are you just guessing, or are you basing that on something? Not that I'd mind if he didn't play for us again. I'm just curious. I'm also ticked that now we have to look for a QB when we should be looking for O-Linemen.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Are you just guessing, or are you basing that on something? Not that I'd mind if he didn't play for us again. I'm just curious. I'm also ticked that now we have to look for a QB when we should be looking for O-Linemen.
I think both should be priorities but the truth we have to get a QB. We cannot go into the season with Zolman as our backup, if Bledsoe goes down we're finished, no chance at all.

ArcticWildMan
08-29-2004, 11:00 PM

Ummmm...he tore a ligament in his knee (doesn't make much diff which one). He was a 2nd stringer only until JP got enough experience and then he was a 3rd stringer. Why would we want to wait for his rehab next year and take up a roster spot on an injured 3rd string QB with marginal skills? there are a ton of 2nd tier QB's that come out of college each year that we can draft.

Ebenezer
08-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Ummmm...he tore a ligament in his knee (doesn't make much diff which one). He was a 2nd stringer only until JP got enough experience and then he was a 3rd stringer. Why would we want to wait for his rehab next year and take up a roster spot on an injured 3rd string QB with marginal skills? there are a ton of 2nd tier QB's that come out of college each year that we can draft.
all that and considering he has 4 yrs of experience barely carrying a clip board making the minimum for his veteran level???....done like a porterhouse steak.

G. Host
08-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Supposedly according to moderator on BB.com forums a MRI hasn't even been done yet and will be given on Monday (today). Now I do not think the moderator there likely has a lot of direct contact with Bills organization but it is possible that ESPN was just speculating.