• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Travis Brown - torn ACL

Just what heard on ESPN. No link yet.

Injured reserve I hear but I do not understand why they do not do the injury settlement like last year.
  • ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by G. Host
    Just what heard on ESPN. No link yet.

Injured reserve I hear but I do not understand why they do not do the injury settlement like last year.

Because he was our #2 QB.
    Injury settlements are normally for players who we cut. The settlement for a #2 would be quite substantial. Cheaper to just IR him.

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

Now I'm really pissed Losman got hurt
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Now we begin the search for a backup QB in earnest.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I guess we can all pray that Drew doesn't go down....We would be in some deep crap. Too bad our O line is horrible.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

The injury bug has hit us harder than any other team in the NFL so far, this is not a good thing at all.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
              The injury bug has hit us harder than any other team in the NFL so far, this is not a good thing at all.
              Dolphins.

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                I think that's a bit of overreaction ... it's expected that no starters will be missing the opening game of the season. That's a pretty fortunate pre-season I think.

We lost our taxi QB and our backup ... Considering Drew has only missed a start one season in his career, I'm not too worried about the impact of our injuries (obviously I'd prefer everyone healthy, but I don't think these injuries are going to alter our record)

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

It had seemed like Bills were relatively free of it and what do some fans do? Mess up karma and make jokes of injuries to other teams. Bad karma always comes back to bite you!

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

anyone know how much recovery time is expected for a torn ACL?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• FTG
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by juice
                      all year.
                      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by juice
                        All year for an athlete who is driven to and has the ability to come back. Travis wasn't exactly the next Brett Favre so this is most likely a career ending injury for him (at least with the Bills).

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                          Because he was our #2 QB.
                          Injury settlements are normally for players who we cut. The settlement for a #2 would be quite substantial. Cheaper to just IR him.
                          that is not exactly true...Travis is making chump change this year...his salary is not of concern to the Bills. by putting him on IR basically they are picking up all the costs, letting him rehab and still paying him...an injury settlement would have been cheaper and may have actually cost the Bills let in the long run...clump can go into more detail than I.

and yes AWM, you are correct...it is probably the end of his Bills career at the minimum...i would be the end of his career

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think we've been hit the hardest. It sucks not having a backup QB two weeks before the season, but at least they're back ups. I met Milloy still plays somehow with a cast. Henry's and Jennings' injuries aren't serious. Miami (if you include Ricky's brain as being injured) has been hit pretty hard. They made up for the loss of Boston by signing Booker, but still no RB and they also lost a safety. Heck Arizona lost Anquan Boldin...that's huge. Maybe Fitzgerald steps right in, but maybe not. Those are big shoes to fill. The Redskins lost John Janson, a very good right tackle.....don't forget Brunell is left handed. It happens. We don't need to panic just yet.

Comment

• Charlieguide
                              Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HenryRules
                              . . . We lost our taxi QB and our backup ... Considering Drew has only missed a start one season in his career, I'm not too worried about the impact of our injuries . . .
                              Make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you knock on wood after saying things like that.
                              The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

Working...
                              X