PDA

View Full Version : Where are the extensions?

HenryRules
08-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I thought at the beginning of training camp, there was talk that TD was back at the table with Jennings, Williams, and Schoebel trying to get some extensions?

There were a few moves made earlier this offseason (I'm not going to bring up the specifics so that people don't get off-track on this) that the management said was specifically to get room to sign at least one of these guys to an extension?

Are these negotiations still taking place?

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 09:43 PM
They sent offers, and the players (as expected) want to wait and see what free agency brings.

clumping platelets
08-29-2004, 10:30 PM
The last I read was that Schobel and P. Williams agents send counter-proposals to TD. That was a few weeks ago. IMHO, Jennings is already packed just like Marcellus Wiley, Peerless Price, and Antoine Winfield. I do not believe Jennings will be aggrresively pursued by TD cuz he has a propensity for lower leg injuries. I believe that P. Williams gets done sometime during the season.

Ebenezer
08-29-2004, 10:34 PM
The last I read was that Schobel and P. Williams agents send counter-proposals to TD. That was a few weeks ago. IMHO, Jennings is already packed just like Marcellus Wiley, Peerless Price, and Antoine Winfield. I do not believe Jennings will be aggrresively pursued by TD cuz he has a propensity for lower leg injuries. I believe that P. Williams gets done sometime during the season.
Jonas is as good as gone, imo.

ScottLawrence
08-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Agreed.

Who can we replace him with? Anybody have a clue?

clumping platelets
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Too early to tell who will be available as a FA. We also do not have a #1 at this time, so who knows :(

ScottLawrence
08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Too early to tell who will be available as a FA. We also do not have a #1 at this time, so who knows :(

I know the McKenzie from New York is a free agent and, they probably wont' be able to resign him with all the other high priced free agents they have.(Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, Becht)

He is someone I would pursue.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 10:53 PM
I thought at the beginning of training camp, there was talk that TD was back at the table with Jennings, Williams, and Schoebel trying to get some extensions?

There were a few moves made earlier this offseason (I'm not going to bring up the specifics so that people don't get off-track on this) that the management said was specifically to get room to sign at least one of these guys to an extension?

Are these negotiations still taking place?

would you want to extend if you were one of them? especially seen how this team has performed so far? i think i would take my chances and see how bad it really is at seasons end before determining if i want to come back...

Marvelous
08-29-2004, 10:59 PM
PigPat is gonna get some serious attention from the league imo So do we resign if it's big $$? I agree Jennings is either gone or going to come down in value
Schobel is only getting better. IMO we haven't seen the best from him.

*Our DT depth is not looking great going into the offseason esp if Tim Anderson is not what TD expected.

all IMO <<for any haters calling me Psychics :;

clumping platelets
08-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I know the McKenzie from New York is a free agent and, they probably wont' be able to resign him with all the other high priced free agents they have.(Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, Becht)

He is someone I would pursue.

Along with half the league :(

That will inflate his price. Besides, McKenzie from the Jets plays RT

Marvelous
08-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Tatonka, i give up(3 days) what is that pic? In your avatar-

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Tatonka, i give up(3 days) what is that pic? In your avatar-

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/tatonka/superavatar5.jpg