X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Where are the extensions?

I thought at the beginning of training camp, there was talk that TD was back at the table with Jennings, Williams, and Schoebel trying to get some extensions?

There were a few moves made earlier this offseason (I'm not going to bring up the specifics so that people don't get off-track on this) that the management said was specifically to get room to sign at least one of these guys to an extension?

Are these negotiations still taking place?
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

They sent offers, and the players (as expected) want to wait and see what free agency brings.

Comment

• clumping platelets

The last I read was that Schobel and P. Williams agents send counter-proposals to TD. That was a few weeks ago. IMHO, Jennings is already packed just like Marcellus Wiley, Peerless Price, and Antoine Winfield. I do not believe Jennings will be aggrresively pursued by TD cuz he has a propensity for lower leg injuries. I believe that P. Williams gets done sometime during the season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        The last I read was that Schobel and P. Williams agents send counter-proposals to TD. That was a few weeks ago. IMHO, Jennings is already packed just like Marcellus Wiley, Peerless Price, and Antoine Winfield. I do not believe Jennings will be aggrresively pursued by TD cuz he has a propensity for lower leg injuries. I believe that P. Williams gets done sometime during the season.
        Jonas is as good as gone, imo.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

Agreed.

Who can we replace him with? Anybody have a clue?
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Too early to tell who will be available as a FA. We also do not have a #1 at this time, so who knows

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              Too early to tell who will be available as a FA. We also do not have a #1 at this time, so who knows
              I know the McKenzie from New York is a free agent and, they probably wont' be able to resign him with all the other high priced free agents they have.(Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, Becht)

He is someone I would pursue.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                I thought at the beginning of training camp, there was talk that TD was back at the table with Jennings, Williams, and Schoebel trying to get some extensions?

There were a few moves made earlier this offseason (I'm not going to bring up the specifics so that people don't get off-track on this) that the management said was specifically to get room to sign at least one of these guys to an extension?

Are these negotiations still taking place?
                would you want to extend if you were one of them? especially seen how this team has performed so far? i think i would take my chances and see how bad it really is at seasons end before determining if i want to come back...
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

PigPat is gonna get some serious attention from the league imo So do we resign if it's big $$? I agree Jennings is either gone or going to come down in value
                  Schobel is only getting better. IMO we haven't seen the best from him.

*Our DT depth is not looking great going into the offseason esp if Tim Anderson is not what TD expected.

all IMO <
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                    I know the McKenzie from New York is a free agent and, they probably wont' be able to resign him with all the other high priced free agents they have.(Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, Jordan, Becht)

He is someone I would pursue.

Along with half the league

That will inflate his price. Besides, McKenzie from the Jets plays RT

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Tatonka, i give up(3 days) what is that pic? In your avatar-
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sippio
                        Tatonka, i give up(3 days) what is that pic? In your avatar-

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                        X