PDA

View Full Version : A thought

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 09:40 PM
How many of you would say that the Colts offense is going to hinder them 6-10 this year??????????????????

Well they barely looked better than ours last night.

PRESEASON ... aint it grand?

:;

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 07:13 AM
They have that great "big three" of Manning, Harrison and James, two or three talented TEs, and a bull of a LT in Tarik Glenn. I think that, as usual, their O will be very good, but their D will be suspect.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 07:15 AM
their offense has been good in the past.. one of the best.. they also dont have so many questions.. oline.. qb.. coaches..

so that comparison means little to nothing.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 07:18 AM
. . . In relation to us, they are better at almost every offensive position. Our RBs may be comparable, and our WR depth is better, however.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:21 AM
. . . In relation to us, they are better at almost every offensive position. Our RBs may be comparable, and our WR depth is better, however.
they have a shaky offensive line that can at least run block...

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 07:27 AM
they have a shaky offensive line that can at least run block...
In the past, at least, they've given Manning enough time to throw the ball, as well.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:30 AM
In the past, at least, they've given Manning enough time to throw the ball, as well.
you mean a QB is actually suppose to have time to set his feet and look down field before getting killed???

mush69
08-30-2004, 07:32 AM
They have that great "big three" of Manning, Harrison and James, two or three talented TEs, and a bull of a LT in Tarik Glenn. I think that, as usual, their O will be very good, but their D will be suspect.

I think Tony Dungy just may surprise a few in the league. This will be what his 3 year with this Colts team and he did do a great job with the Tampa defense. So I say that the Colts just might be a defensive surprise in the league this year.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
you mean a QB is actually suppose to have time to set his feet and look down field before getting killed???
It's a concept.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 02:07 PM
MY POINT WAS......................... their offense looked like crap except for 1 play on Saturday and I am sure that no one is ready to say they will be 6 - 10. As opposed to us where our offense looks like crap in the preseason game and everyone thinks we will be sub 500.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 02:23 PM
MY POINT WAS......................... their offense looked like crap except for 1 play on Saturday and I am sure that no one is ready to say they will be 6 - 10. As opposed to us where our offense looks like crap in the preseason game and everyone thinks we will be sub 500.Your comparison is invalid.

Their offense ranked #3 last year, we ranked #28. They have stayed the same personnel-wise. The only major personnel changes to the starting lineup that we've made is Villarial.
They have scored touchdowns with their 1st offense, we haven't.
If they look out of sync, it is less of a worry since they have PROVEN to be a top flight offense, even if it was last season. They have the same guys, no reason to assume they will suck. WE on the other hand have NOT proven anything except that we suck on offense. Therefore, until they PROVE otherwise, it is safe to assume they will continue to suck.
See the difference?

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Your opinions are invalid. They are too optimistic. We should all wish to lose and lose bad. Any point that you make I will squash with stats and figures that prove useless in todays NFL. I am the best fan in the world. One who looks forward to losing.

:shocked:

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 02:39 PM

:rofl::lol:

Philagape
08-30-2004, 02:54 PM
I think Lee Evans and a healthy Moulds are also major changes to the lineup, not to mention a new offense

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Sorry, SB. Not taking the bait. Once again, you are trying to bait me by throwing insults when you lose an argument. :shakeno:

TedMock
08-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Doesn't Manning traditionally take 2 or 3 games to get into his groove? I think Indy's defense is going to be tough this year. Dungy's a good coach and in his 3rd year. There'll be a change. On another note; during the game they mentioned that Manning was only sacked 18 times last year. That's good enough for 2nd best in the NFL.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Sorry, SB. Not taking the bait. Once again, you are trying to bait me by throwing insults when you lose an argument. :shakeno:

I lost the arguement from your point of view. You'll find Luke that many of the truths we cling to depend upon how we view them. So you see what I did say was true...from a certain point of view :duel:

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I lost the arguement from your point of view. You'll find Luke that many of the truths we cling to depend upon how we view them. So you see what I did say was true...from a certain point of view :duel:If your rebuttal to a point is an insult, you lose the argument. If you want to make your rebuttal using logic, then by all means do that. In the other post you expressed your opinion, I countered, then you countered. At that point we could go no further and thus the debate was finished. In this case, you appear to have no logical rebuttal to my points....only an insult...thus, you lost the argument.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 03:41 PM
If your rebuttal to a point is an insult, you lose the argument. If you want to make your rebuttal using logic, then by all means do that. In the other post you expressed your opinion, I countered, then you countered. At that point we could go no further and thus the debate was finished. In this case, you appear to have no logical rebuttal to my points....only an insult...thus, you lost the argument.

Who the hell are you? Mr Spock?

Your "LOGIC" is opinion as is mine. And we will start to find out who PREDICTED "FACT" come 9/12. I just hope that you hope I am right, if not then why are you here? Ask yourself sometime.

Is that a "VALID" enough statement for you? :zipit:

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Who the hell are you? Mr Spock?

Your "LOGIC" is opinion as is mine. And we will start to find out who PREDICTED "FACT" come 9/12. I just hope that you hope I am right, if not then why are you here? Ask yourself sometime.

Is that a "VALID" enough statement for you? :zipit:At least you are consistent. I'll give you that. Insult first, question later. :shakeno:

MY POINT WAS......................... their offense looked like crap except for 1 play on Saturday and I am sure that no one is ready to say they will be 6 - 10. As opposed to us where our offense looks like crap in the preseason game and everyone thinks we will be sub 500.Just to put the nail in the coffin, let's go over this. You are saying that:

Indy looked like crap except for 1 play that night
Indy fans aren't panicking and saying 6-10 because of it
Therefore, based on those two points, we shouldn't panic and say 6-10 because of our playing like crap in the preseason.

Is that a fair assessment of your "point"? Before moving ahead I want to make sure this is your "point" so that there is no confusion.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 03:57 PM
At least you are consistent. I'll give you that. Insult first, question later. :shakeno:

Just to put the nail in the coffin, let's go over this. You are saying that:

Indy looked like crap except for 1 play that night
Indy fans aren't panicking and saying 6-10 because of it
Therefore, based on those two points, we shouldn't panic and say 6-10 because of our playing like crap in the preseason.

Is that a fair assessment of your "point"? Before moving ahead I want to make sure this is your "point" so that there is no confusion.

You answer my question first then I will answer yours.

"Do you hope I am right about this team?"

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 04:08 PM
You answer my question first then I will answer yours.

"Do you hope I am right about this team?"
Yes. Now continue.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Yes. Now continue.

That hurt to say didnt it? Will you say Saviorbledsoe you were so right when we are in the playoffs?

:tip:

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 04:15 PM
That hurt to say didnt it? Will you say Saviorbledsoe you were so right when we are in the playoffs?

:tip:As I expected you have no logical response. Just vapid, useless taunts as usual. End of debate. You lose. :bigwave:

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 04:21 PM

give me a break sb... that is such crap that you would even say that... just because the world doesnt see the bills with total blinders on doesnt mean that we wish for them to lose..

how bout this.. your so confident.. i will hold all your bets this season for the bills. you bet on the bills ever game against the point spread.. lets say for 50$ a game.. how does that sound?

i dont want the bills to lose.. but i wont be surprised when they due because of the lack of improvements the FO made in the most critical areas.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:22 PM
As I expected you have no logical response. Just vapid, useless taunts as usual. End of debate. You lose. :bigwave:

You're right. I lost. Because I couldnt find my thesauras proffessor :broken:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:25 PM
give me a break sb... that is such crap that you would even say that... just because the world doesnt see the bills with total blinders on doesnt mean that we wish for them to lose..

how bout this.. your so confident.. i will hold all your bets this season for the bills. you bet on the bills ever game against the point spread.. lets say for 50$ a game.. how does that sound?

i dont want the bills to lose.. but i wont be surprised when they due because of the lack of improvements the FO made in the most critical areas.

Simmer down now! It was just a joke. Besides I didnt say it...it was him :funny:

And why bother betting zbs. FTG steals them all anyway.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:27 PM
And dude, whats with all the "Your Mom" stuff in your avatar and location? Didnt u used to get on my **** about saying mom jokes when we used to argue?

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 04:28 PM
how bout this.. your so confident.. i will hold all your bets this season for the bills. you bet on the bills ever game against the point spread.. lets say for 50$ a game.. how does that sound?Good suggestion. :up: I bet he won't take it and/or will make some attempt to mitigate the whole thing to being just a joke.

i dont want the bills to lose.. but i wont be surprised when they due because of the lack of improvements the FO made in the most critical areas.Exactly. He just can't see past his rose colored glasses to see that. :shakeno:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Good suggestion. :up: I bet he won't take it and/or will make some attempt to mitigate the whole thing to being just a joke.

Exactly. He just can't see past his rose colored glasses to see that. :shakeno:

Id rather have rose colored glasses than my head under a rain cloud all the time. Especially when we dont know who is right yet anyway. I guess thats just me. Im in sales. If I had your negative attitude every time I called on a client I'd starve. Instead, I am up 17 % this year.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Simmer down now! It was just a joke. Besides I didnt say it...it was him :funny:

And why bother betting zbs. FTG steals them all anyway.

i was talking about real dollars.

:shakeno:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:33 PM
and if you want me to bet so bad how about this. ill bet you all 16 zone bucks that the Bills win the AFCE this year. If they arent stolen by FTG till then and we dont win it, they are yours. Ok?

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:34 PM
i was talking about real dollars.

:shakeno:

You must be smoking if you think I am going to send you or anyone on an internet chat site money. LOL

:crazy:

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 04:34 PM
And dude, whats with all the "Your Mom" stuff in your avatar and location? Didnt u used to get on my **** about saying mom jokes when we used to argue?

i just thought the avatar was funny..

the location was changed because so idiot threatened to come to my city to kill me.. because i disagreed with his opinion on bledsoe..

and no, it wasnt you savior..

:rofl:

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:36 PM
i just thought the avatar was funny..

the location was changed because so idiot threatened to come to my city to kill me.. because i disagreed with his opinion on bledsoe..

and no, it wasnt you savior..

:rofl:

no i remember you pissed some dude off after the Titans game. Some D1 football player. I quite enjoyed the brawl.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Id rather have rose colored glasses than my head under a rain cloud all the time. Especially when we dont know who is right yet anyway. I guess thats just me. Im in sales. If I had your negative attitude every time I called on a client I'd starve. Instead, I am up 17 % this year.It is one thing to have hope. I have hope they will do well. It is quite another thing however to be blindly optimistic. I don't have my head under a rain cloud. I try to see the reality of the situation. The reason I sound negative to you is because blind optimism always sees things as rosy no matter what.

As for your example of sales... Neither of us have any financial gain in posting optimistic posts here about the Bills. Neither of our salaries depend on us "selling optimism" about the team. If it did, then sure...I'd be pumping sunshine up everyone's ass each day. But since my livelihood is not tied to this, I would rather try to post things as they are, not as I would rather them be.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:47 PM
As for your example of sales... Neither of us have any financial gain in posting optimistic posts here about the Bills. Neither of our salaries depend on us "selling optimism" about the team. If it did, then sure...I'd be pumping sunshine up everyone's ass each day. But since my livelihood is not tied to this, I would rather try to post things as they are, not as I would rather them be.

No but ones mental well being may depend upon it.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 04:49 PM
It is one thing to have hope. I have hope they will do well. It is quite another thing however to be blindly optimistic. I don't have my head under a rain cloud. I try to see the reality of the situation. The reason I sound negative to you is because blind optimism always sees things as rosy no matter what.

I dont think you understand that your enterpretation of "reality" and "realistic" is what your opinion of those are. In my enterpretation, "reality" is the Bills making the playoffs and competing for the AFCE crown. Who made you grand puma to be able to tell me or anyone else that are expectations are realistic or not?

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
no i remember you pissed some dude off after the Titans game. Some D1 football player. I quite enjoyed the brawl.

no.. wasnt him.. he actually pmed me and we are completely ok.. we both agreed that we overreacted because we were both pissed about losman getting hurt.

it was some old guy in florida.. for the life of me i cant remember his name.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
No but ones mental well being may depend upon it.

I dont think you understand that your enterpretation of "reality" and "realistic" is what your opinion of those are. In my enterpretation, "reality" is the Bills making the playoffs and competing for the AFCE crown. Who made you grand puma to be able to tell me or anyone else that are expectations are realistic or not?This thread has deteriorated past the point of any value. Once mental health issues and grand "puma" enter into the discussion, it's time to lock it down.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe sb. I really don't care. The Bills will win the AFCE...win the super bowl....whatever. If that's what floats your boat, have at it. I personally could care less.

Although I am not putting you on ignore (not that you care anyway), this will be my last response to you for a long time. It's neither enjoyable nor interesting nor informative dealing with you. It's the same thing every time, and I just don't have the energy nor the desire to waste my time anymore.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
You must be smoking if you think I am going to send you or anyone on an internet chat site money. LOL

:crazy:

if your "reality" is the bills will have a winning record and make the playoffs, then you wont have to send anyone money.. because you will win money..

but i didnt expect that your optimism was that blind.. you like to put on a "the bills will win and be great" face.. but you wouldnt put your money where your mouth is.. and that is much more of a true test of a mans opinion than a couple message board posts.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 05:30 PM
if your "reality" is the bills will have a winning record and make the playoffs, then you wont have to send anyone money.. because you will win money..

but i didnt expect that your optimism was that blind.. you like to put on a "the bills will win and be great" face.. but you wouldnt put your money where your mouth is.. and that is much more of a true test of a mans opinion than a couple message board posts.

not if you dont believe in gambling.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 05:35 PM
This thread has deteriorated past the point of any value. Once mental health issues and grand "puma" enter into the discussion, it's time to lock it down.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe sb. I really don't care. The Bills will win the AFCE...win the super bowl....whatever. If that's what floats your boat, have at it. I personally could care less.

Although I am not putting you on ignore (not that you care anyway), this will be my last response to you for a long time. It's neither enjoyable nor interesting nor informative dealing with you. It's the same thing every time, and I just don't have the energy nor the desire to waste my time anymore.

Nice cop out Mr. Thesauras. :hiclap: :bigwave:

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 05:35 PM
i expected that convenient answer.. again.. i still saw what i needed to.. your optimistic.. and rah rah.. but your not totally stupid.

you can say you dont believe in gambling..

but if i said "hey.. i will bet you 10000$ that the bills dont win single game this season".. you would take that bet in a heartbeat.

i am not trying to be insultive.. i just wanted you, in your own round about way, to admit that you do not have blind faith and you are not so sure that this season is going to be successful as you say you are.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 05:38 PM
i expected that convenient answer.. again.. i still saw what i needed to.. your optimistic.. and rah rah.. but your not totally stupid.

you can say you dont believe in gambling..

but if i said "hey.. i will bet you 10000$ that the bills dont win single game this season".. you would take that bet in a heartbeat.

i am not trying to be insultive.. i just wanted you, in your own round about way, to admit that you do not have blind faith and you are not so sure that this season is going to be successful as you say you are.

Tonk, there are no absolutes in life. The team could explode in a plane crash tomorrow. Ofcourse I am not 100% sure they will win 11 games this year. Just as you and Mr. Pessimist arent 100% sure they wont.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Tonk, there are no absolutes in life. The team could explode in a plane crash tomorrow. Ofcourse I am not 100% sure they will win 11 games this year. Just as you and Mr. Pessimist arent 100% sure they wont.

your right.. there are no 100% guarentees.. but i am just going by what i see.. and i am not happy with it.

i want this to be a winning team every single bit as much as any other bills fan.. there is not one person that can say they root for the bills MORE than i do.. i have never wanted to see a single player in a bills uni do poorly.. ever.. under any circumstances.

i hope to god that we win the superbowl this year.. and there is absolutely a part of me that thinks that everything COULD come together and we could win it all.. there have been alot of teams just recently that have pulled it off. most namely, new england, baltimore, and st.louis.. they were all nothings just the year before.. st.louis was actually 6-10 before winning the superbowl against the titans.

but i am also aware that no rookie head coach has ever won a superbowl.. and that our offensive line has so many question marks that it is sickening.. i am also aware that bledsoe has never played good on a consistent basis against winning competition..

could all those things change this season? sure.. will they? the odds say no.

the guys in vegas dont set lines to lose money.. they have us at 7-9.. odds are that we will finish somewhere close to that.

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
I think we will win 8 games and make the playoffs.

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 06:27 PM

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Where did you get that smile cartoon and how do I make it.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 06:36 PM

i wish 8 games was good enough to get in.. but there is no way.. miami didnt get in w/ a 10-6 record.

DraftBoy
08-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Bills dont have the talent to make the playoffs this year too many holes and question marks. I wish to hell theyd win but theyve done nothing to show me that they even begun to progress from last years debacle. So far all the preseason hype has been just that :yap:

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
My ex bf said they were picked to win the Superbowl last year. So we got bad already?

buffmaniac
08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Bills dont have the talent to make the playoffs this year too many holes and question marks. I wish to hell theyd win but theyve done nothing to show me that they even begun to progress from last years debacle. So far all the preseason hype has been just that :yap:

We definitely have the talent to the make the playoffs. Our defense is going to be very good. There are certainly concerns with the offense especially the OL but we do have talent there: Moulds, Evans, Reed, Henry, McGahee, and Bledsoe (he can still be a good QB although you may not agree)

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
your right.. there are no 100% guarentees.. but i am just going by what i see.. and i am not happy with it.

i want this to be a winning team every single bit as much as any other bills fan.. there is not one person that can say they root for the bills MORE than i do.. i have never wanted to see a single player in a bills uni do poorly.. ever.. under any circumstances.

i hope to god that we win the superbowl this year.. and there is absolutely a part of me that thinks that everything COULD come together and we could win it all.. there have been alot of teams just recently that have pulled it off. most namely, new england, baltimore, and st.louis.. they were all nothings just the year before.. st.louis was actually 6-10 before winning the superbowl against the titans.

but i am also aware that no rookie head coach has ever won a superbowl.. and that our offensive line has so many question marks that it is sickening.. i am also aware that bledsoe has never played good on a consistent basis against winning competition..

could all those things change this season? sure.. will they? the odds say no.

the guys in vegas dont set lines to lose money.. they have us at 7-9.. odds are that we will finish somewhere close to that.
That about sums up my views perfectly. Nicely put.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 10:52 PM
That about sums up my views perfectly. Nicely put.

Yes, bravo good chap.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Yes, bravo good chap.

haha.. that is wys old avatar.

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 06:08 AM
haha.. that is wys old avatar.

:funny: