PDA

View Full Version : Bills/Indy Postgame thoughts

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 10:48 PM
there were the thoughts i typed up while watching this ugly game that was supposed to be our best.

1. izelle missed horribly on one of the first runs of the game for 20 yards.. it was called back.. but he still took a horrible angle and couldn’t wrap up.

2. magahee had no success running to the right.. much better to the left, which tells me that villarial and Williams are not playing well at all.. and smith and Sullivan are run blocking ok.

3. fletcher blitzing a lot

4. wtf are nate clements, London fletcher, troy Vincent, and willis magahee doing on punt and kick coverage? It is not like they are playing well out there. There is no reason for them to be in there… especially with the season around the corner.

5. on the first Bledsoe sack, they overloaded the left side. You cant ask Sullivan to block 2 guys at once. That was just a good defensive play. There was no back to help protect.

6. just watched dominic rhoades return a kick 80 something yards.. this has to be the worst special teams performance I have ever seen to start a game.. worst ever.

7. Greer really should have had an INT. That means our defense would have had 3.

8. Kevin Thomas for the int/td… is it me.. or does it seem that the defense is going to be more opportunistic?

9. jesus.. lindell kicks the ball out of bounds on a kickoff.. the special teams is making me sick. They have been absolutely horrible every time they have been on the field.. except for covering the first kick.

10. greer will make this team.. covering Harrison one on one.. he made sure that the only place Harrison could catch it was out of bounds.. stayed with him stride for stride. Baker was getting over there quick.. if the ball was thrown to the inside, baker has a chance at a pick.

11. speaking of baker.. they got reese out of there quick and put in baker. Good.

12. seems to be either all or nothing on the run plays.. either they stop him right at the line.. or he gets 10 yards.

13. on marvins deep pass for 44 yards.. it was a 4th and 2.. they made a great play call.. we were lined up to stop the run.. that is why clements was one on one.. and reese was no where to be found.. milloy was about 3 steps behind.

14. Rhoades is built like Michael Pittman now.. damn he has some guns.

15. Cato June is my sleeper top 10 linebacker if you play independent defensive players.

16. Bledsoe had an interception that was overruled.. which is good that it was overruled.. but damn it was a bad throw.. he missed shaw in stride by about three feet.

17. I have seen SEVERAL instances when Bledsoe had PLENTY of time… and could not hit his receivers. That is very discouraging.

18. trey Teague is adequate.. IF adequate is getting thrown all over the place. He can not anchor to save his life.

19. Bledsoe is doing a fairly good job of stepping away from pressure, and dare I say, being somewhat ”elusive” in the pocket.

20. maybe I am not giving neufeld enough credit. He looks good.

21. the safeties were nowhere to be found on that long stokley catch.. milloy had to run up 5 yards to catch him.. and the reason he has a broken arm is because he had to come across the field and just throw his arms out there to get him.. it definitely looked broken when he was sitting there holding it.. did not look like a hairline fracture to me. As I thought.. reese didn’t do anything but fall on the ball in a pile to get his fumble recovery.. and then he let an indy player take the ball from him.. but the refs gave it to buffalo.

22. shaud Williams will make this team. Practice squad at the very worst.. but I would rather see him over Simonton personally.

23. tasker commented that the bills will keep 4 te’s. hmmm.

24. sam aikens likes to really get into it when he is blocking.. a very strong blocker and a very big body. He will end up being moulds replacement.

25. mike Williams and smith both got totally owned on drews second sack.. just owned.

26. wire’s INT was due to a great pass rush by ryan denny. Wire was playing deep center. Went up and got the ball.

27. travis brown’s shot to the knee looked like it sure hurt a hell of a lot.. damn.. that sucks for him.

28. wire made another great pass breakup covering a receiver. His coverage is getting better. I think the play of baker has moved him back to SS.. not that he was just horrible at FS.

29. Freddie smith fumbles a kickoff.. my god.. special teams are just horrible this game.. could not be worse.

30. McFarland owned by Roundtree who caused Zolman to fumble.

31. Sape actually did something.. a routine tackle, but hey!

32. Ritzman has no moves at all.. but damn.. he flies off the corner like he is shot out of a cannon. He is worth keeping around.. teach him some moves and he may be something.

33. jesus.. freddie smith fumbles AGAIN on a kick return. We better not ever see him in there during the regular season.

34. has lee evans been sleepwalking through the preseason completely? Or is he just not good enough to get open at all? 1 catch for 0 yards in 3 games.. pretty solid. :rolleyes:

35. mike pucillo sucks even against the 3rd teamers.

36. Magahee got player of the game.. and he was nothing more than average.. so that pretty much sums up out bad everyone was.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 11:26 PM
2. magahee had no success running to the right.. much better to the left, which tells me that villarial and Williams are not playing well at all.. and smith and Sullivan are run blocking ok.

17. I have seen SEVERAL instances when Bledsoe had PLENTY of time… and could not hit his receivers. That is very discouraging.

18. trey Teague is adequate.. IF adequate is getting thrown all over the place. He can not anchor to save his life.Nice writeup. :smile:

Of everything you wrote, these are the ones that bum me out the most. :sigh: Especially #17, since that is what I saw many times over the last 2 years from him, e.g., had the time and still made bad throws. I swear, the only passes he can make consistently are the deep outs. He just doesn't seem to have the touch for rhythm passing and short/med routes.

juice
08-29-2004, 11:29 PM
On that Deep Bomb to Harrison when Reese was nowhere to be found and Milloy was help cover on Marvin, could it have been that Reese was covering the opposite third of the field?

Any observations on his coverage on WRs that Reese was actually covering?

Wire didn't seem to be making alot of run stops.. It seems to be either/or in his limited ability, Either he's sitting back playing center field waiting on pressure forced throws that fall into his lap, or he is over-running run plays completely leaving his coverage responsibilities.

He will have to find a middle ground or he will be victomized by every good Play-Action QB we face this year.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 11:29 PM
it turned out to be alot longer than i had hoped.. but i wrote it as i watched the game..

juice
08-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Good observations, just a little skewed to the left.. A Partisan like Viewpoint :dance:

Marvelous
08-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Great breakdown TT.:)
-freddie smith's TD was a nice catch and a awesome pass by Zolman. Freddie is fast. raw but fast.

-I agree about Aiken having huge upside.

-Milloy will be missed. He seems to always be near the ball.

-Zolman has some speed

-Fletcher is a great blitzer

-Spikes?? kinda quit

-Baker, i love this kid. I hope he starts

-Shaw is good enough to keep. If Moulds or Reed goes down he will be appreciated a lot more. I think he is above average.

-M.Williams? maybe he should move to guard. he needs serious coaching.

-Schobel is the full package. but he overpursues and gets burned against the run because he is predictable with going in wide..

-dominic rhoades tore us a new one!!!

-Tim Anderson/Evans/Peters>???

I taped the game and wanna rewatch it away from the ball especialy the O-line....

Throne Logic
08-30-2004, 07:27 AM
On that Deep Bomb to Harrison when Reese was nowhere to be found and Milloy was help cover on Marvin, could it have been that Reese was covering the opposite third of the field?

Any observations on his coverage on WRs that Reese was actually covering?

Wire didn't seem to be making alot of run stops.. It seems to be either/or in his limited ability, Either he's sitting back playing center field waiting on pressure forced throws that fall into his lap, or he is over-running run plays completely leaving his coverage responsibilities.

He will have to find a middle ground or he will be victomized by every good Play-Action QB we face this year.

Buffalo's coaches called a play that put Harrison in the position to exploit the man coverage without backup. That's all. Not at all worried about this one. Nate's a great CB. But there's not a CB in the league who can stay with Marvin the whole game, especially with the new focus on old rules.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:34 AM
36 points to the game?? you must have been jotting them down as the game went on...

here are mine....

1. For the 7th straight year the offensive line sucks...there are 2, maybe 3, QBs in the league that can hide how bad this line is. DB is not one of them. Everything goes out from the OL...very bad sign...

2. This defense better learn to tackle...pronto...that was terrible...

3. Special teams will cost you at least one game every year...can we please hope that this was that one game?