PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Preseason!

Patrick76777
08-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Can’t wait until it’s over! I put ZERO stock into it and can’t stand listening everybody break down every aspect of the games. Nobody can tell me that the vets get up for or prepare for a preseason game like they would for a regular season game. But yet when I try to turn on the radio to get Bills updates I get slammed with the morons calling the talk shows *****ing over and over and over about how bad this guy looked or how they ran on our defense.

I’m not asking people to stop. I’m just hoping that the next 2 weeks go by fast.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Can’t wait until it’s over! I put ZERO stock into it and can’t stand listening everybody break down every aspect of the games. Nobody can tell me that the vets get up for or prepare for a preseason game like they would for a regular season game. But yet when I try to turn on the radio to get Bills updates I get slammed with the morons calling the talk shows *****ing over and over and over about how bad this guy looked or how they ran on our defense.

I’m not asking people to stop. I’m just hoping that the next 2 weeks go by fast.
technically 4 days...they play again on Thursday...

Patrick76777
08-30-2004, 07:43 AM
technically 4 days...they play again on Thursday...

Exactly, the 4th game is the worst. No one cares! No one on the team that is.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Exactly, the 4th game is the worst. No one cares! No one on the team that is.
I have a feeling the game is going to suck...lots of Freddie Smith and Greg Zolman...

Patrick76777
08-30-2004, 07:51 AM
I have a feeling the game is going to suck...lots of Freddie Smith and Greg Zolman...

I'm giving serious thought to not even watching. And the thing is, some moron will call WGR on Friday *****ing that Sam Adams didn't look good because he missed a tackle. Idiots

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm giving serious thought to not even watching. And the thing is, some moron will call WGR on Friday *****ing that Sam Adams didn't look good because he missed a tackle. Idiots
I turned those losers off this morning...it was hysterical...Puff sounded as if they were going 3-13 or worse this year.

Patrick76777
08-30-2004, 07:56 AM
I turned those losers off this morning...it was hysterical...Puff sounded as if they were going 3-13 or worse this year.
And it’s not like we played a bad team! If I did put an ounce of stock into preseason games, I’d say that we went on the road and played one of the toughest teams in the AFC and if we had even a shell of a kicker our starters would have been down 20-16 at halftime. But I don’t! I don’t care if we were winning 49-0 at halftime.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 08:01 AM
And it’s not like we played a bad team! If I did put an ounce of stock into preseason games, I’d say that we went on the road and played one of the toughest teams in the AFC and if we had even a shell of a kicker our starters would have been down 20-16 at halftime. But I don’t! I don’t care if we were winning 49-0 at halftime.
If the special teams would have played average it would have been closer early....

R. Rich
08-30-2004, 08:27 AM

You shouldn't hate.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 08:31 AM
You shouldn't hate.
I think in very limited cases, like preseason, it's O.K.

The Natrix
08-30-2004, 08:41 AM
if we had even a shell of a kicker

It's only preseason. Get a grip!

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 06:00 PM

I have to agree for the most part. Preseason is a valuable tool for getting ready but some fans just don't realize that the games don't count! We have to play as many people as possible to see what they can do...good or bad.

Philagape
08-30-2004, 06:08 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in my years watching football, it's that

P R E S E A S O N M E A N S N O T H I N G

How many times have teams had horrible preseasons and good seasons? (wasn't it that way during our SB years?) And vice versa?

It's simple logic -- the games don't count, therefore winning them is not a priority. That changes the whole game plan. I've seen teams run on 3rd-and-8, go for it on 4th-and-8, and so on. The purpose is 2-fold: 1. Evaluate new players and those fighting for jobs; 2. Just keep the vets in game shape. (oh, and 3. make local revenues). Many vets do not play 100%, and several teams don't unload their whole offensive arsenal. What we see now is not what we'll see when it's for real.

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:14 PM
i hate it too

G. Host
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Sometimes not playing at 100% results in injury either because players are not fully concentrating or because they are taking it likely.

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:20 PM
When is the first game this year?

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 06:23 PM
When is the first game this year?

Who are you and how did you find this place? Seriosuly though it's on our front page 9/12/04 1:0 PM against the Jaguars at home. :dance:

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:28 PM
So sorry. I like the Bills. I am just not all overboard about it. Big fan of Vbulletin though.

buffmaniac
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Offensively we still have some work to do but they have showed some decent signs. They definitely need to do a better job finishing off drives but they have shown the ability to move the ball:

VS. Broncos
8 plays 29 yards DEN 42 to DEN 13 Field Goal

VS. Titans
9 plays 88 yards BUF 7 to TEN 15 Field Goal
9 plays 19 yards TEN 38 to TEN 19 Field Goal (Had the ball at the 2 before grounding)

VS. Colts
6 plays 35 yards BUF 27 to IND 38 Punt
7 plays 35 yards BUF 42 to IND 23 Field Goal
6 plays 23 yards BUF 40 to IND 47 Punt (Had ball at IND 36 before botched flea flicker)
8 plays 33 yards BUF 37 to IND 30 Missed FG
5 plays 28 yards BUF 30 to IND 38 Fumble

So in 15 drives for the first team offense they did a decent job of moving the ball 8 times.

And they have done this with an OL that is still a work in progress, their starting RB out for the last game, and pretty much just running their basic plays.

We'll see what happens in the regular season but I still feel that this offense will be much better this year.

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
What is a zonebuck? Is that like a ****chip?

The Natrix
08-30-2004, 06:49 PM
What is a zonebuck? Is that like a ****chip?

It's a way for people who are poor in real life to feel like they are wealthy and above others on the internet. :up:

Sexybitch
08-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I am used to another site that is Vbulletin. Its a alt lifestyle site and they have ****chips that you can buy phone numbers with. I guess it is like those.

TigerJ
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey, preseason is better than off season. I'll admit that's not saying much.

Hemlepp53
08-30-2004, 10:30 PM
I HATE PRESEASON!!!!.. For one reason and one reason only... INJURIES... Preseason injuries can destroy all hopes for a winning season. On the other hand without preseason games our squads wouldnt be able to fix the problems that only pop up in a game like situation where professional players play on reaction and instinct. Something that pratice can not teach. Anyhow.. preseason is great for overall team bonding and forming.. but it kills the team by injuries.. Then again.. Look at the JP situation.. Pratice can cause injuries as well. So to say drop Preseason because of the injuries is to say lessen pratice time because of the injuries... I dont know... Lessen the Preseason games to 2... And give the following time for pratice and tape review... for banging out the kinks... Just my two cents...