X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I HATE Preseason!

Can’t wait until it’s over! I put ZERO stock into it and can’t stand listening everybody break down every aspect of the games. Nobody can tell me that the vets get up for or prepare for a preseason game like they would for a regular season game. But yet when I try to turn on the radio to get Bills updates I get slammed with the morons calling the talk shows *****ing over and over and over about how bad this guy looked or how they ran on our defense.

I’m not asking people to stop. I’m just hoping that the next 2 weeks go by fast.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
    Can’t wait until it’s over! I put ZERO stock into it and can’t stand listening everybody break down every aspect of the games. Nobody can tell me that the vets get up for or prepare for a preseason game like they would for a regular season game. But yet when I try to turn on the radio to get Bills updates I get slammed with the morons calling the talk shows *****ing over and over and over about how bad this guy looked or how they ran on our defense.

I’m not asking people to stop. I’m just hoping that the next 2 weeks go by fast.
    technically 4 days...they play again on Thursday...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      technically 4 days...they play again on Thursday...

Exactly, the 4th game is the worst. No one cares! No one on the team that is.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Exactly, the 4th game is the worst. No one cares! No one on the team that is.
        I have a feeling the game is going to suck...lots of Freddie Smith and Greg Zolman...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

I have a feeling the game is going to suck...lots of Freddie Smith and Greg Zolman...

I'm giving serious thought to not even watching. And the thing is, some moron will call WGR on Friday *****ing that Sam Adams didn't look good because he missed a tackle. Idiots
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I'm giving serious thought to not even watching. And the thing is, some moron will call WGR on Friday *****ing that Sam Adams didn't look good because he missed a tackle. Idiots
            I turned those losers off this morning...it was hysterical...Puff sounded as if they were going 3-13 or worse this year.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

I turned those losers off this morning...it was hysterical...Puff sounded as if they were going 3-13 or worse this year.
              And it’s not like we played a bad team! If I did put an ounce of stock into preseason games, I’d say that we went on the road and played one of the toughest teams in the AFC and if we had even a shell of a kicker our starters would have been down 20-16 at halftime. But I don’t! I don’t care if we were winning 49-0 at halftime.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

And it’s not like we played a bad team! If I did put an ounce of stock into preseason games, I’d say that we went on the road and played one of the toughest teams in the AFC and if we had even a shell of a kicker our starters would have been down 20-16 at halftime. But I don’t! I don’t care if we were winning 49-0 at halftime.
                If the special teams would have played average it would have been closer early....

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

You shouldn't hate.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                    You shouldn't hate.
                    I think in very limited cases, like preseason, it's O.K.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

if we had even a shell of a kicker
                      It's only preseason. Get a grip!

Byrd.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

I have to agree for the most part. Preseason is a valuable tool for getting ready but some fans just don't realize that the games don't count! We have to play as many people as possible to see what they can do...good or bad.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

If there's one thing I've learned in my years watching football, it's that

P R E S E A S O N M E A N S N O T H I N G

How many times have teams had horrible preseasons and good seasons? (wasn't it that way during our SB years?) And vice versa?

It's simple logic -- the games don't count, therefore winning them is not a priority. That changes the whole game plan. I've seen teams run on 3rd-and-8, go for it on 4th-and-8, and so on. The purpose is 2-fold: 1. Evaluate new players and those fighting for jobs; 2. Just keep the vets in game shape. (oh, and 3. make local revenues). Many vets do not play 100%, and several teams don't unload their whole offensive arsenal. What we see now is not what we'll see when it's for real.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Sexybitch
                            Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

i hate it too

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Sometimes not playing at 100% results in injury either because players are not fully concentrating or because they are taking it likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X