• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

After finally watching the game

Here is my evaluation......

The offense looks to me to be just fine. Sure, there are no holes opening up on all the run plays and the passing game hasn't just lit it up but remember, they are not trying to show all there plays. All the receivers are running basic routes, skinny posts, outs, flys, hooks. They aren't doing anything crazy. They are just trying to work on timing.

As for the running, there weren't a lot of holes but same thing, we weren't pulling any guards, we weren't running many counters, and McGahee was just looking very timid when getting to the line of scrimmage. Henry will hit those holes with oblivion (so will Willis soon, I hope).

Drew has done a GREAT job this preseason, he has gotten rid of the ball, he has moved out of the pocket at times and actually RAN with the ball when something wasn't there....I have seen 110% improvement out of him since last year. Sure, he goes back to last years habits at times but, overall, a big improvement. Hell, look at his completion percentage, he is doing great. Looking deep and getting rid of it short to his TE's and RB's.

The offensive line has looked pretty bad at times and pretty good at times. I think most of the time they look horrible is when there is a blitz on. When it is just straight up blocking, they do a good job. Running the ball is definitely going to have to be our strength cause these guys can't hold a pass block for more then 3 seconds.

I think the D has looked absolutely phenomenal...They gave up 1 TD to Indy on that 4th down play. Even when we turned it over in the red zone, the D held them to a field goal. They aren't getting great pressure, but no one really does against Manning. They did force some turnovers though and made him get rid of the ball early at times. They are definitely attacking and that is nice to see. I just hope the run defense gets better, cause that is looking pretty weak. I think that is a result of Big Sam and Pat not really going all out yet though. Kelsay has looked pretty good and making some good plays against the run. Schobel, he is a must resign...He is going to be a solid DE in this league for some time, he is looking great also. The 2ndary is shaping up and the FS spot is my favorite. Izell Reese is playing well and Rashaud Baker is bringing out the best in him and rightfully so. They both have played well enough to start. I think Baker will be the starter sometime this season. I am not so worried about losing Milloy, he will be back very soon and Wire is servicable at the SS position. He is a good hitter in run support, I just hope he hasn't regressed his learning by trying him out at FS. We will see.

Lindell and Moorman look OK too. Lindell is looking a lot better then last year and his kickoffs are going nice and deep. Moorman, I hope will get his form back. He is looking weak after the pulled hammy.

Overall, I am happy with the preseason. We haven't scored any 1st team TD's but we also don't want to show them a lot. They have gotten down there and just stalled because of the vanilla offense, IMO. But, at least the O has gotten into field goal range. I think we will be OK.

What do you guys think, am I crazy (ok don't answer that one)

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• ryjam282
    • Mar 2003

One more thing....

I also think that Jabari Greer looked pretty good too. He was step for step with Harrison on that one deep ball. Our DB's depth is looking like our WR depth as of now, PRETTY GOOD.

Too bad our OL depth SUCKS!!! like Pucillo

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Good positive post, ryjam. Our special teams killed us against the Colts, but they'll get better. Our O line is average at best, but we've designed our offense to work around that weakness as best we can. I'm still hopeful of a playoff caliber season.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Boy, those Indy announcers were sure terrible.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
          Boy, those Indy announcers were sure terrible.
          you didn't get Tasker and Levy??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

On NFL Network, they use the home team feed for the first half and the visitors for the second.

Tasker needs to talk less. He seems nervous.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

On NFL Network, they use the home team feed for the first half and the visitors for the second.

he seems better suited for commentary

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I haven't gotten to the second half yet- I have the game on TiVo, but I agree- the Indy announcers were TERRIBLE. They called the wrong Bills name 3 times in the first 5 minutes of the game. Schobel got a sack and they said it was Mark Campbell (84 instead of 94), Reed returned a kick and they said it was Neufeld (82 instead of 88). Damn we have some talented tight ends- they can get sacks AND return kicks! I'm impressed!
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ryjam282
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Good positive post, ryjam. Our special teams killed us against the Colts, but they'll get better. Our O line is average at best, but we've designed our offense to work around that weakness as best we can. I'm still hopeful of a playoff caliber season.

Thanks. I just am not ready to cash in the season cause we can't punch it in. I think we will be fine. At least better then last year.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                    Thanks. I just am not ready to cash in the season cause we can't punch it in. I think we will be fine. At least better then last year.

We just have kinda ran out of QBs is all

If any one thinks our O-line is even average I dare them to watch the tape of that game again and slow mo each play. Our o-line is as strong as single ply wet toilet paper and about as useless!
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• ryjam282
                      • Mar 2003

We still have our starter, that is the most important thing.

Backups will come and go, but Drew will be fine.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

I watched the first half of the game replay as well. I thought everything looked okay except special teams. The special teams were directly responsible for at least 10 of Indy's 20 first half points. The blocked punt for a TD and then giving up a return all the way to inside our 20 yard line. The latter only resulted in 3 points, which says a lot about our defensive stance on that drive. I can't remember what happened after Clements fumbled. That may have resulted in another score, but I don't recall. The O-line could've played a little better. I was pleasantly surprised with Bledsoe. He was hitting the TE's, moving out of the pocket, and running a little. He did have one real bad throw, and one that he put too much on. It bounced off the TE's hands. The defense gave up too much against the run, but they weren't giving up points. The old "bend don't break" defense. The lone offensive TD in the first half came on a big play to Harrison all the way to the 1 yard line. Other than that, the D looked decent. I didn't see the 2nd half, so I can't speak on that.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

I've said before and, I'll say it again.

The offensive line looked bad because of Sullivan, if Jennings was in there it would've looked fine and Drew would've had time to throw.

I saw a lot of holes open up but, McGahee just didn't hit the hole fast enough... if it were Henry or Simonton they would've been through the holes in a jiffy.

We still must get into the endzone but, im not worried yet.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍