• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

So, was it worth cutting Ruben Brown??

Yeah, I guess Lawrence Smith can fail to run block and get called for holding once for far less money than RB was making...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

It's probably a decent trade off, but regardless of how much Ruben's skills may have diminished, I can't help but think he just might have helped this line.

And I'm no Ruben fan by any stretch of the imagination.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      It's probably a decent trade off, but regardless of how much Ruben's skills may have diminished, I can't help but think he just might have helped this line.

I agree....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Not at that kind of money.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          Not at that kind of money.
          he would have had to have taken a pay cut to stay here...

but, I don't want to hear a peep out of you if the left side gets DB or TH hurt...

Comment

• Voltron
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Yeah, I guess Lawrence Smith can fail to run block and get called for holding once for far less money than RB was making...
            As we all know one lineman does not a line make. They all looked pitiful on Saturday and I hope they all run some serious wind sprints today! I bet 5 rookies would have done a better job!!!!
            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
              As we all know one lineman does not a line make. They all looked pitiful on Saturday and I hope they all run some serious wind sprints today! I bet 5 rookies would have done a better job!!!!
              I disagree. Personally, I thought the line looked like an offensive line that is just beginning to jell, and was without their solid LT. I was disappointed at times, but other times, I was pleased with what I saw. There were some nice holes from Big Mike and he also did a nice job blocking a few of the Colts defenders to give Bledsoe a couple more seconds. However, he also had a bad play where he was beat badly. I think Sullivan was the main reason why the line looked so bad. He was terrible and was beat by his man, constantly, however he made a couple nice holes for Willis. also, Trey Teague surprised me. He looked better than last year, IMO, and looks like he has bulked up some more in the offseason/training camp.

Also, Lawrence Smith did a pretty good job and definitely blew Pukecillo away. Give this line a few weeks to jell, along with McNally coaching them, and I think they will be pretty good.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

So why the crappy running game and non existant passing game?
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

waiting for juice to chime in and tell us that he would have the best line in the nfl if brown was still here pretending to be a revolving door and taking penalties.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Should be along shortly...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

If Ruben played Sat. night and committed one pnealty after another, we'd be calling for his head and criticizing TD
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-30-2004, 12:57 PM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Still undecided Eb.. Practice squad players can be just as good as Pro Bowlers.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                          Still undecided Eb.. Practice squad players can be just as good as Pro Bowlers.
                          I think Pat Williams was a practice squad player, so you definitely make a good point. Maybe he wasn't.....wasn't he just deactivated his first year? The one plus to this guy is that Baltimore seems to develop these guys better than most.
                          Last edited by TedMock; 08-30-2004, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

If the Bills would learn to use NFL Europe they could decelop some players there. Maybe they would not be ready to play week 1-8 but maybe they could be used later in season if needed.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                              I think Pat Williams was a practice squad player, so you definitely make a good point. Maybe he wasn't.....wasn't he just deactivated his first year? The one plus to this guy is that Baltimore seems to develop these guys better than most.

per juice...

smith can never hope to be as skilled as ruben's over the hill ass is now..

mainly because he has been on a practice squad once.

strong rational to argue against, ted.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X