PDA

View Full Version : So, was it worth cutting Ruben Brown??

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I guess Lawrence Smith can fail to run block and get called for holding once for far less money than RB was making...

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
It's probably a decent trade off, but regardless of how much Ruben's skills may have diminished, I can't help but think he just might have helped this line.

And I'm no Ruben fan by any stretch of the imagination.

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 08:41 AM
It's probably a decent trade off, but regardless of how much Ruben's skills may have diminished, I can't help but think he just might have helped this line.

I agree....

Michael82
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM

Not at that kind of money. :shakeno:

Ebenezer
08-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Not at that kind of money. :shakeno:
he would have had to have taken a pay cut to stay here...

but, I don't want to hear a peep out of you if the left side gets DB or TH hurt...

Voltron
08-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I guess Lawrence Smith can fail to run block and get called for holding once for far less money than RB was making...

As we all know one lineman does not a line make. They all looked pitiful on Saturday and I hope they all run some serious wind sprints today! I bet 5 rookies would have done a better job!!!! :madcurse:

Michael82
08-30-2004, 11:19 AM
As we all know one lineman does not a line make. They all looked pitiful on Saturday and I hope they all run some serious wind sprints today! I bet 5 rookies would have done a better job!!!! :madcurse:
I disagree. Personally, I thought the line looked like an offensive line that is just beginning to jell, and was without their solid LT. I was disappointed at times, but other times, I was pleased with what I saw. There were some nice holes from Big Mike and he also did a nice job blocking a few of the Colts defenders to give Bledsoe a couple more seconds. However, he also had a bad play where he was beat badly. I think Sullivan was the main reason why the line looked so bad. He was terrible and was beat by his man, constantly, however he made a couple nice holes for Willis. also, Trey Teague surprised me. He looked better than last year, IMO, and looks like he has bulked up some more in the offseason/training camp. :up:

Also, Lawrence Smith did a pretty good job and definitely blew Pukecillo away. Give this line a few weeks to jell, along with McNally coaching them, and I think they will be pretty good. :up:

DraftBoy
08-30-2004, 11:21 AM
So why the crappy running game and non existant passing game?

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 11:22 AM
waiting for juice to chime in and tell us that he would have the best line in the nfl if brown was still here pretending to be a revolving door and taking penalties.

BAM
08-30-2004, 11:25 AM
:rofl: Should be along shortly...

justasportsfan
08-30-2004, 11:27 AM
If Ruben played Sat. night and committed one pnealty after another, we'd be calling for his head and criticizing TD :shakeno:

juice
08-30-2004, 11:37 AM

Still undecided Eb.. Practice squad players can be just as good as Pro Bowlers. :crazy:

TedMock
08-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Still undecided Eb.. Practice squad players can be just as good as Pro Bowlers. :crazy:

I think Pat Williams was a practice squad player, so you definitely make a good point. Maybe he wasn't.....wasn't he just deactivated his first year? The one plus to this guy is that Baltimore seems to develop these guys better than most.

G. Host
08-30-2004, 01:01 PM
If the Bills would learn to use NFL Europe they could decelop some players there. Maybe they would not be ready to play week 1-8 but maybe they could be used later in season if needed.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
I think Pat Williams was a practice squad player, so you definitely make a good point. Maybe he wasn't.....wasn't he just deactivated his first year? The one plus to this guy is that Baltimore seems to develop these guys better than most.

per juice...

smith can never hope to be as skilled as ruben's over the hill ass is now..

mainly because he has been on a practice squad once.

strong rational to argue against, ted.

juice
08-30-2004, 01:59 PM
per juice...

smith can never hope to be as skilled as ruben's over the hill ass is now..

mainly because he has been on a practice squad once.

strong rational to argue against, ted.

:winkpunch I hope Smith can learn the position before our only hope at QB is Zolman.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
The line sucks hairy moose nuts. Period. RB would have been "ok", but certainly not enough to make any real difference in the overall performance of the line.

The toilet needs to be flushed. WAY too many turds floating in the bowl.

juice
08-30-2004, 02:20 PM
The line sucks hairy moose nuts. Period. RB would have been "ok", but certainly not enough to make any real difference in the overall performance of the line.

The toilet needs to be flushed. WAY too many turds floating in the bowl.

The line from last year was alot better than this one this year.. At least they were effective in run blocking, I dont see Henry putting up 1300 yds this year with this line.

If Henry is overused he will get injured and his trade value will go down the toilet.

Bulldog
08-30-2004, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=juice]The line from last year was alot better than this one this year.. At least they were effective in run blocking, I dont see Henry putting up 1300 yds this year with this line.[QUOTE]

You can make this analysis based on three pre-season games?

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
The line from last year was alot better than this one this year.. At least they were effective in run blocking, I dont see Henry putting up 1300 yds this year with this line.

If Henry is overused he will get injured and his trade value will go down the toilet.2003 Bills NFL Offensive Ranking (28th overall)

Run Ranking
Attempts: 20th
Yards: 21st
YPA: 23rd
TDs: 18th

He may have gotten 1,300 yards, but even that didn't get our run offense much better than 20th on average. No, I still say the line crapped the bed last year and will crap the bed this year as well. :cynic:

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 07:16 PM
He was inactive all but one game in 97, his first year. Played on the kick return team that day