PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Milloy

juice
08-30-2004, 12:43 PM
:nervous: Last I heard was he was out indefinately.. He first said he hoped to be back before wk 1, but I think that may have been before he knew he needed surgery. What's the word?

Sabre Ally
08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Wire played very well the other night, I see no reason to worry about him starting.

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
:nervous: Last I heard was he was out indefinately.. He first said he hoped to be back before wk 1, but I think that may have been before he knew he needed surgery. What's the word?

Actually he knew he needed surgery and still said he would hope to be backi by week 1. Go to BB.com and listen to the Milloy press conference.

casdhf
08-30-2004, 12:53 PM
He had a pick. How'd your boy do, bro?

LtBillsFan66
08-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I have no worries about Wire.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 01:31 PM
He had a pick. How'd your boy do, bro?

:snicker:

he fell on alot of piles... one time there was even a football on the ground.. (one that milloy broke his arm knocking out.)

ryjam282
08-30-2004, 01:34 PM
I am not so worried as long as Wire didn't lose anything from trying to play FS. He is a good tackler.

juice
08-30-2004, 01:38 PM
I have no worries about Wire.

I worry about Wire over-running run plays.. I also think he has problems recognizing pass plays in time to put himself in position to make a play on the ball. His INT. against Indy was him playing center-field and benefiting from an effective pass rush.

Natural instincts play a major role in the secondary and I dont know if Wire has developed those skills enough to be a solid starter.

A strong pass rush would ease the transition but we have failed to pressure the opposing QB consistantly.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I worry about Wire over-running run plays.. I also think he has problems recognizing pass plays in time to put himself in position to make a play on the ball. His INT. against Indy was him playing center-field and benefiting from an effective pass rush. but wire gets one in just over a year.

Natural instincts play a major role in the secondary and I dont know if Wire has developed those skills enough to be a solid starter.

A strong pass rush would ease the transition but we have failed to pressure the opposing QB consistantly.

funny how reese has never in two entire years been the receipiant of at least one single stinking int.. not one..

and at least we dont have to worry about reese over running anything.. the is not fast enough too.. and he is too scared to get anywhere near the line.. he just sits back 20 yards and waits to help fall on the pile.. that is all he has ever done.. he has not made one big play since joining this squad..

but just like with ruben brown.. juice is happy with average to below average play from guys.. as long as they are on his "cool" list.

juice
08-30-2004, 01:54 PM
but just like with ruben brown.. juice is happy with average to below average play from guys.. as long as they are on his "cool" list.

Except for JJ our entire O-Line is average to Below average, are you pleased with their performance thus far?

Didn't Reese have the most tackles out of the starting Defensive players against Indy, with two of his SOLOS being for no gain one of them on the Goalline.. sounds like good run support from the FS position.

Coy on the other hand was fortunate to be playing center-field on his INT. and I think he did have one Tackle from the SS position.. Shouldn't he be in on more tackles.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm actually pretty positive about this. Wire has alot more years ahead of him than does Milloy, and if he picks up where he left off, we'll have a good SS for many years to come.

juice
08-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Actually he knew he needed surgery and still said he would hope to be backi by week 1. Go to BB.com and listen to the Milloy press conference.

According to Empire sports Milloy will miss significant time but will not be put on IR.. is expected to return later in the season.

Sounds like at least 4-6 weeks.

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 02:38 PM
According to Empire sports Milloy will miss significant time but will not be put on IR.. is expected to return later in the season.

Sounds like at least 4-6 weeks.

Well according to Bills Direct Tom Donahoe hasn't ruled out Milloy for week 1.

doug45
08-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Wire played very well the other night, I see no reason to worry about him starting.

I agree!

NC-BILLS44
08-30-2004, 02:44 PM
I would like to see what Coy can do. This may be the "break" he needed.
Pun intended.. Good luck to Coy and I wish Lawyer a speedy recovery.

juice
08-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Well according to Bills Direct Tom Donahoe hasn't ruled out Milloy for week 1.

Bills Daily says :doh: that type of injury traditionally takes 4-6 weeks

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Wire was the starter before Milloy took over and had a year to learn under him. He should be ok til Lawyer comes back.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Bills Daily says :doh: that type of injury traditionally takes 4-6 weeks
BillsDaily is NOT a news site. They just report what other sites report. They got their info from Empire Sports. According to Tom Donahoe on WGR55....Milloy wants to be on the field for the opening day. If he's not ready by then, I think he'll be back in week 2, or just wait til after the bye week (week 3).

Michael82
08-31-2004, 08:27 AM
Wire was the starter before Milloy took over and had a year to learn under him. He should be ok til Lawyer comes back.
Agreed.

G. Host
08-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Agreed. The only reason Wire was not starter in year 2 was because Donahoe got a "great deal" on a "used player". :broken:

Iehoshua
08-31-2004, 09:59 AM
The most logical course of action is to let Milloy rest the first two games, then he gets the bye to heal, and if he is ready, return week 4. While I'm not as confident in Wire's ability to make us totally forget about Lawyer, I think he will fill the spot for the time being.

juice
08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
The most logical course of action is to let Milloy rest the first two games, then he gets the bye to heal, and if he is ready, return week 4. While I'm not as confident in Wire's ability to make us totally forget about Lawyer, I think he will fill the spot for the time being.

I think PP would be a better replacement for a couple of games, Wire lost reps with his Attempt at switching positions and PP is a more instinctive cover guy who isn't affraid of contact.. More in the mold of Milloy.

I have no problem with Wire getting a shot but if he struggles in the final preseason game I think he should get the hook.

TedMock
08-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Wire's coverage is obviously still a concern. That's my only worry. He's actually very good around the line of scrimmage because he's a contact player with good vision up close. Roaming around deep is where he struggles. The boy can hit though. That's due to him playing RB and LB in college.

mybills
08-31-2004, 01:11 PM
I think it's funny that when we lose a preseason game and say the slightest negative thing, people say "it's only preseason" yet Wire played ok in a preseason game and we are supposed to be comfortable with that. :chuckle:
As for a broken anything, it takes 8 wks to completely heal, and the first 4 wks are critical to that process. I doubt he'll be back before the 4th wk, and if he is, he's taking a chance healing properly.

TedMock
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't think anybody's comfortable with Wire starting right now. We can only hope that he's progressed. If people are comfortable, I'd like to see why. Like I said, he's good around the line of scrimmage (he was as a rookie) and he can hit, but his coverage is scary.