X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Any word on Milloy

Last I heard was he was out indefinately.. He first said he hoped to be back before wk 1, but I think that may have been before he knew he needed surgery. What's the word?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Sabre Ally
    • Jul 2002

Wire played very well the other night, I see no reason to worry about him starting.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
      Last I heard was he was out indefinately.. He first said he hoped to be back before wk 1, but I think that may have been before he knew he needed surgery. What's the word?
      Actually he knew he needed surgery and still said he would hope to be backi by week 1. Go to BB.com and listen to the Milloy press conference.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He had a pick. How'd your boy do, bro?
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

I have no worries about Wire.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
            He had a pick. How'd your boy do, bro?

he fell on alot of piles... one time there was even a football on the ground.. (one that milloy broke his arm knocking out.)
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I am not so worried as long as Wire didn't lose anything from trying to play FS. He is a good tackler.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                I have no worries about Wire.
                I worry about Wire over-running run plays.. I also think he has problems recognizing pass plays in time to put himself in position to make a play on the ball. His INT. against Indy was him playing center-field and benefiting from an effective pass rush.

Natural instincts play a major role in the secondary and I dont know if Wire has developed those skills enough to be a solid starter.

A strong pass rush would ease the transition but we have failed to pressure the opposing QB consistantly.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

I worry about Wire over-running run plays.. I also think he has problems recognizing pass plays in time to put himself in position to make a play on the ball. His INT. against Indy was him playing center-field and benefiting from an effective pass rush. but wire gets one in just over a year.

Natural instincts play a major role in the secondary and I dont know if Wire has developed those skills enough to be a solid starter.

A strong pass rush would ease the transition but we have failed to pressure the opposing QB consistantly.
                  funny how reese has never in two entire years been the receipiant of at least one single stinking int.. not one..

and at least we dont have to worry about reese over running anything.. the is not fast enough too.. and he is too scared to get anywhere near the line.. he just sits back 20 yards and waits to help fall on the pile.. that is all he has ever done.. he has not made one big play since joining this squad..

but just like with ruben brown.. juice is happy with average to below average play from guys.. as long as they are on his "cool" list.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    but just like with ruben brown.. juice is happy with average to below average play from guys.. as long as they are on his "cool" list.
                    Except for JJ our entire O-Line is average to Below average, are you pleased with their performance thus far?

Didn't Reese have the most tackles out of the starting Defensive players against Indy, with two of his SOLOS being for no gain one of them on the Goalline.. sounds like good run support from the FS position.

Coy on the other hand was fortunate to be playing center-field on his INT. and I think he did have one Tackle from the SS position.. Shouldn't he be in on more tackles.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

I'm actually pretty positive about this. Wire has alot more years ahead of him than does Milloy, and if he picks up where he left off, we'll have a good SS for many years to come.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        Actually he knew he needed surgery and still said he would hope to be backi by week 1. Go to BB.com and listen to the Milloy press conference.
                        According to Empire sports Milloy will miss significant time but will not be put on IR.. is expected to return later in the season.

Sounds like at least 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

According to Empire sports Milloy will miss significant time but will not be put on IR.. is expected to return later in the season.

Sounds like at least 4-6 weeks.
                          Well according to Bills Direct Tom Donahoe hasn't ruled out Milloy for week 1.

Comment

• doug45
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                            Wire played very well the other night, I see no reason to worry about him starting.

I agree!

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                              • Jul 2002

I would like to see what Coy can do. This may be the "break" he needed.
                              Pun intended.. Good luck to Coy and I wish Lawyer a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X