PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that Buffalo should sign an injury settlement with Brown?

Michael82
08-30-2004, 12:52 PM
I was just thinking that if they don't sign some kind of waiver/injury settlement...we would have two injured QBs on the roster, taking up roster spots and we would still need to carry another QB or two. I think that the Bills should sign an injury settlement with Travis Brown and tell him that they will re-sign him when he is healthy again, and then sign another backup QB for at least a month or however long Brown is out for.

:feedback:

The Spaz
08-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I dunno he is only out 4-6 weeks so I say pick someone up now then when Brown is healthy cut the guy we will sign for now.

G. Host
08-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Yes they should. Bills can not afford two spots, even inactive spots, taken up by QBs. The Bills ought to go with ONE Qb on roster during opener with Moorman or someone else emergency QB and then sign a veteran QB after week 1. This allows the Bills to pay that QB week-to-week. Considering they would mostly be used in practice it is a good deal especially for someone trying to either come back or just add to their income.

Patrick76777
08-30-2004, 12:58 PM
How bout I work out an injury settlement with you!

Michael82
08-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Yes they should. Bills can not afford two spots, even inactive spots, taken up by QBs. The Bills ought to go with ONE Qb on roster during opener with Moorman or someone else emergency QB and then sign a veteran QB after week 1. This allows the Bills to pay that QB week-to-week. Considering they would mostly be used in practice it is a good deal especially for someone trying to either come back or just add to their income.

I agree. They can NOT afford to keep two QBs that aren't even playing. If they do that, someone good, like a Jason Peters, Justin Bannan, Bobby Shaw, Sam Aiken, or even a guy like Jabari Greer would not make the final roster. I like that idea you are talking about. I didn't know they could do that, but it makes perfect sense. :up:

G. Host
08-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Yes it is a new clause in agreement which I think went into effect last year. The thing is the player HAS to be signed after week 1. You CAN NOT have the player on roster week 1 which USUALLY does not make a difference and is not usually needed but in this case it is for the Bills.

The Bills will not be signing a player like O'Donnell or Mathews as some have been speculating for this very reason - the player would have to be paid a full veteran salary for entire year. If you check some my posts after Losman was injured you will see me recommending this. Last year I recommended they do that with Van Pelt (keeping his a QB coach) before Brown got injured and released last year.

bernielivsey_1
08-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Travis should be ready for the Pats. The Bye week will help.

TigerJ
08-30-2004, 05:13 PM
If Buffalo signs Shane Matthews (or any QB) they could potentially have five on the roster. If they want they could reduce that to three by cutting Zolman and signing him to the practice squad and reaching an injury settlement with Brown. They would then be carrying two grizzled vets in Bledsoe and Matthews and one injured rookie in Losman. Should either of them be injured, God forbid, Zolman can be quickly activated for the next game.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 08:22 AM
If Buffalo signs Shane Matthews (or any QB) they could potentially have five on the roster. If they want they could reduce that to three by cutting Zolman and signing him to the practice squad and reaching an injury settlement with Brown. They would then be carrying two grizzled vets in Bledsoe and Matthews and one injured rookie in Losman. Should either of them be injured, God forbid, Zolman can be quickly activated for the next game.
That's what i would like for them to do. I hope Matthews plays in the game on Thursday and looks good. If he does...they should put Travis Brown on the waive/injured list.