PDA

View Full Version : Why? Why? Why?

gsobie
08-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Listening to this guy on Simon's show and a caller says Management should suck it up and go out and get Flutie! Why do so many people think that we need Flutie! What in God's name is he going to do for us? Since he left the Bills he hasn't done a thing in this league. Face it the NFL has figured this guy out. He doesn't scare any team anymore (Except San Diego when they have to put him in there). Please, anyone that says Flutie is the one we should go for, just give it up. That's just as bad as those saying Rob Johnson is the answer for our backup.

:grind:

Sorry, this caller just ticked me off, expecially when he said the reason we should get Flutie is to put people in the seats! :roflmao: Aren't most of our games sell outs or near sell outs!

Philagape
08-30-2004, 04:42 PM
If Flutie isn't good enough for SAN DIEGO .... well that says it all

ryjam282
08-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Listening to this guy on Simon's show and a caller says Management should suck it up and go out and get Flutie! Why do so many people think that we need Flutie! What in God's name is he going to do for us? Since he left the Bills he hasn't done a thing in this league. Face it the NFL has figured this guy out. He doesn't scare any team anymore (Except San Diego when they have to put him in there). Please, anyone that says Flutie is the one we should go for, just give it up. That's just as bad as those saying Rob Johnson is the answer for our backup.

:grind:

Sorry, this caller just ticked me off, expecially when he said the reason we should get Flutie is to put people in the seats! :roflmao: Aren't most of our games sell outs or near sell outs!

Why you ask? Look at the past. The last time the Bills went to the playoffs was the last year the Flutie was a starter for us. They haven't figured him out. He improvises, just like Vick and Culpepper. Obviously not to the degree that they do but he makes things happen. He is a winner and with the talent around him in SD no one can succeed. Watch some of there games and look at the bad plays they do when he is in there, dropped passes, missed blocks, fumbles. He wasn't the problem. He made us a playoff caliber team....

ScottLawrence
08-30-2004, 04:57 PM
The thing that pisses me off about callers like that is... Fluties not even a free agent!

Some people just don't think when they call that show.

THATHURMANATOR
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Anyone who thinks Flutie has anything left needs to get their head examined.

EDS
08-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Anyone who thinks Flutie has anything left needs to get their head examined.

Agreed.

RedEyE
08-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Flutie would have worked fine as a temporary backup. He has experience and knows the office and the area. Flutie, Doug johnson, Matthews ... what the hell is the difference?

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Flutie's a runt whose best days are behind him and won't listen to coaches if he can't have it his way
Matthews is a decent QB who's really never been impressive
Johnson sucked in relief of Vick

Jayhawk
08-30-2004, 08:03 PM
of all the people that are supposed to be out there, I hope that they don't pick up Flutie, too damn old and Greise , too damn bad.

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 08:14 PM
of all the people that are supposed to be out there, I hope that they don't pick up Flutie, too damn old and Greise , too damn bad.
they already picked up Matthews

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 08:19 PM
FLUTIE, FLUTIE, FLUTIE. . . This one's for my wife, guys. You understand.

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 08:28 PM
FLUTIE, FLUTIE, FLUTIE. . . This one's for my wife, guys. You understand.
so you're saying she is a sick woman? :huh:

:jk: :;

Bill Brasky
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
If Flutie isn't good enough for SAN DIEGO .... well that says it all

Nobody is good enough for that pile of crap called an organization. They are the Clippers of the NFL.

saviorbledsoe
08-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Flutie Rocks!

Demon
08-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Bring back Rob Johnson !!!

j/k

:winkpunch

Mr. Cynical
08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Why you ask? Look at the past. The last time the Bills went to the playoffs was the last year the Flutie was a starter for us. They haven't figured him out. He improvises, just like Vick and Culpepper. Obviously not to the degree that they do but he makes things happen. He is a winner and with the talent around him in SD no one can succeed. Watch some of there games and look at the bad plays they do when he is in there, dropped passes, missed blocks, fumbles. He wasn't the problem. He made us a playoff caliber team....
I mostly agree with this, although I do think his time has finally come. But I did really like to watch him. He was a leader, he was decisive, he made things happen. He's just too long in the tooth at this point.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Flutie would have worked fine as a temporary backup. He has experience and knows the office and the area. Flutie, Doug johnson, Matthews ... what the hell is the difference?
EXACTLY! :bf1:

TedMock
08-31-2004, 08:38 AM
Offensively we average a little over 14 points per game the last time we went to the playoffs. Everybody should stop giving anybody on that offense ANY credit for our playoff berth. We had the #3 defense in the NFL that year. Hmm.....Let's see. 14 offensive points a game should get us to the playoffs.....NOT! Our defense was scoring and having to hold opponents to less than our PATHETIC offense was scoring. Flutie/Johnson....whatever. The offense sucked...period. Stop giving undue credit because the guy was fun to watch run around. It's absolutely ridiculous that this continuously comes up. That #3 ranked defense deserves the credit for our last playoff team.

bledslow
08-31-2004, 12:37 PM
flutie is certainly better then brees(or whatever that bums name is).brees started over flutie because of age.

flutie took buf to the playoffs,and if doug was still there now,he would EASILY be the bills best qb.

bledslow
08-31-2004, 12:40 PM
last year buf had a great defense also,and drew played like fly diahrear(sp).doug would have got buf t the 9-10 win total alone because of his intangibes.