PDA

View Full Version : Has the actual STARTING Oline even played together?

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 04:30 PM
just wondering.. has the actual starting oline as it stands.. being.

Jennings - Smith - Teague - Villarial - Williams

have they actually played at all together this preseason?

FTG
08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
I don't think so

ryjam282
08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Nope, first Williams was missing, and then Jennings. But the interior has been together for quite sometime now....I guess if you count practice they have.

Tatonka
08-30-2004, 04:58 PM
if that doesnt inspire hope about facing jacksonvilles strong defense, i dont know what does.

now i understand why hope springs eternal.

ScottLawrence
08-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Im pretty sure against the Titans they did and, looked fine.

People are just on a rampage because Sullivan sucks and the whole line gets blamed for his antics.

ScottLawrence
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
if that doesnt inspire hope about facing jacksonvilles strong defense, i dont know what does.

now i understand why hope springs eternal.

Jacksonville has NO PASS RUSH. We should be fine in regards to protecting Bledsoe in that game.

RedEyE
08-30-2004, 05:21 PM
From the 3 pre-season games that I've watched.............no. They haven't even made an appearance on the field.

cordog
08-30-2004, 05:29 PM
I might be totally wrong on this but i saw the replay last night, while i didnt pay close attention because i was at a bar and we were getting um...drunk but it seemed like all the problems were coming from the left side of the line, particularly tackle, where Sullivan was playing. I dont think this whole O-Line is as bad as people are saying, but like i said i didnt see the whole game, so someone can correct me.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2004, 08:26 PM
One time, in the sand box.

ScottLawrence
08-30-2004, 08:56 PM
I might be totally wrong on this but i saw the replay last night, while i didnt pay close attention because i was at a bar and we were getting um...drunk but it seemed like all the problems were coming from the left side of the line, particularly tackle, where Sullivan was playing. I dont think this whole O-Line is as bad as people are saying, but like i said i didnt see the whole game, so someone can correct me.

Exactly.

It was Sullivan that struggled last night... and there were a few problems picking up the blitz.

Charlieguide
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
That sounds better than I've read recently. Didn't realize that JJ was still out.

The most important thing is how they start the season. So much of that position is mental: the attitude and ferocity it takes to win in the trenches. That only comes with confidence, which is bolstered by success. If they can hold their own vs. JAX and push them around a little, and survive Big Ted & Sapp in Oakland, I'll be happy.

TigerJ
08-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Remember that for quite a while the team was still trying to make the Pucillo experiment work. Villarrial also missed time. Teague has been the iron man of the unit. Who'da thunk it?

They have a chance to be together Thursday if Jennings' ankle is OK. I hope that will make a difference.

Hemlepp53
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
I just pray the O-Line whom ever it is that lines up has it together...

HenryRules
08-31-2004, 07:30 AM
Jacksonville has NO PASS RUSH. We should be fine in regards to protecting Bledsoe in that game.

Stroud and Henderson are both solid at stopping the run and can penetrate the pocket from the middle - that's exactly what we had problems with last year.

That first game is going to be a really good test for the middle of our line ... Jax's DE's didn't do much last year, so assuming Douglas is done, we won't have a problem outside, but those DT's are gonna be tough.