Has the actual STARTING Oline even played together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Has the actual STARTING Oline even played together?

just wondering.. has the actual starting oline as it stands.. being.

Jennings - Smith - Teague - Villarial - Williams

have they actually played at all together this preseason?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

I don't think so
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Nope, first Williams was missing, and then Jennings. But the interior has been together for quite sometime now....I guess if you count practice they have.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

if that doesnt inspire hope about facing jacksonvilles strong defense, i dont know what does.

now i understand why hope springs eternal.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

Im pretty sure against the Titans they did and, looked fine.

People are just on a rampage because Sullivan sucks and the whole line gets blamed for his antics.
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
            if that doesnt inspire hope about facing jacksonvilles strong defense, i dont know what does.

now i understand why hope springs eternal.
            Jacksonville has NO PASS RUSH. We should be fine in regards to protecting Bledsoe in that game.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

From the 3 pre-season games that I've watched.............no. They haven't even made an appearance on the field.

Comment

• cordog
                eat, drink, and be merry
                • Apr 2003

I might be totally wrong on this but i saw the replay last night, while i didnt pay close attention because i was at a bar and we were getting um...drunk but it seemed like all the problems were coming from the left side of the line, particularly tackle, where Sullivan was playing. I dont think this whole O-Line is as bad as people are saying, but like i said i didnt see the whole game, so someone can correct me.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

One time, in the sand box.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cordog
                    I might be totally wrong on this but i saw the replay last night, while i didnt pay close attention because i was at a bar and we were getting um...drunk but it seemed like all the problems were coming from the left side of the line, particularly tackle, where Sullivan was playing. I dont think this whole O-Line is as bad as people are saying, but like i said i didnt see the whole game, so someone can correct me.
                    Exactly.

It was Sullivan that struggled last night... and there were a few problems picking up the blitz.

Comment

• Charlieguide
                      Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                      • Feb 2004

That sounds better than I've read recently. Didn't realize that JJ was still out.

The most important thing is how they start the season. So much of that position is mental: the attitude and ferocity it takes to win in the trenches. That only comes with confidence, which is bolstered by success. If they can hold their own vs. JAX and push them around a little, and survive Big Ted & Sapp in Oakland, I'll be happy.
                      The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Remember that for quite a while the team was still trying to make the Pucillo experiment work. Villarrial also missed time. Teague has been the iron man of the unit. Who'da thunk it?

They have a chance to be together Thursday if Jennings' ankle is OK. I hope that will make a difference.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

I just pray the O-Line whom ever it is that lines up has it together...
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                            Jacksonville has NO PASS RUSH. We should be fine in regards to protecting Bledsoe in that game.
                            Stroud and Henderson are both solid at stopping the run and can penetrate the pocket from the middle - that's exactly what we had problems with last year.

That first game is going to be a really good test for the middle of our line ... Jax's DE's didn't do much last year, so assuming Douglas is done, we won't have a problem outside, but those DT's are gonna be tough.

Comment

Working...
                            X