PDA

View Full Version : Mark my words !!!!!

illusionone
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Shane is going to play great against the 3rd string players on Thursday, and this message board is going to go crazy calling for Bledsoe's head and wanting shane to start the season...... I can see it now...

ryjam282
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
No it won't...Matthews sucks. No matter who he is playing against.

PS, his nose sticks out of the front of the helmet. It is huge.

FTG
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes:

illusionone
08-30-2004, 04:54 PM

You say that but, it will happen, just watch..you'll see

FTG
08-30-2004, 04:55 PM
You say that but, it will happen, just watch..you'll see
no it won't

DraftBoy
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
START MATTHEWS NOW!!!

jk

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 05:07 PM
:roflmao:

Dozerdog
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Matthews will most likely get 3 quarters - maybe Zolman gets the last 5 minutes. He needs a crash course on this offense.

I hope he can take a hit with this O Line

Voltron
08-30-2004, 05:23 PM
We HAVE an O-Line???? :huh:

don137
08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
People on this board may get a lot of far fetched with their comments but believe me they have enough common sense to know Matthews is not starting material in the NFL no matter how much they hate Drew....

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 05:49 PM
We HAVE an O-Line???? :huh:
:roflmao:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-30-2004, 06:29 PM
You know, I for one will not sit here and let you mock the members of this board. Your statement is absurd. Most of the members on this board are very intelligent when it comes to this team and football in general. If you want to mock people in a community, go over to buffalobills.com and mock those knuckleheads and keep your stupid comments about the members of this community to yourself.
:nono:

illusionone
08-30-2004, 07:20 PM
You know, I for one will not sit here and let you mock the members of this board. Your statement is absurd. Most of the members on this board are very intelligent when it comes to this team and football in general. If you want to mock people in a community, go over to buffalobills.com and mock those knuckleheads and keep your stupid comments about the members of this community to yourself.

I think you took my post a little out of context, most are intelligent, but there allot of off the kuff, bashing for no reason..

Can't we all just get along :phew:

illusionone
08-30-2004, 07:21 PM

and BTW who died and made you the ghost of Kelly... :bow:

J/k

The_Philster
08-30-2004, 07:35 PM
I think you took my post a little out of context, most are intelligent, but there allot of off the kuff, bashing for no reason..

Can't we all just get along :phew:
I'm with you. There might be a few who would say something like that.

Hemlepp53
08-30-2004, 10:46 PM
and BTW who died and made you the ghost of Kelly... :bow:

J/k

:machgun: :smoke:

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Shane is going to play great against the 3rd string players on Thursday, and this message board is going to go crazy calling for Bledsoe's head and wanting shane to start the season...... I can see it now...
Act now and get on the Shane-wagon!

:bandwagon

:jk:

Demon
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM

As stupid and as sadly as this sounds, but you're probably right. We jump on players bandwagon's like it's going out of style. We mock a guy one day and call him god the other. Man i love Buffalo. :)

SABURZFAN
08-31-2004, 05:18 AM

as long as it's not a member of The Ostrich Club,i don't care.it'll be a bunch of :yap: if it happens.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 06:42 AM
OK, I guess nobody else cares that you are calling them mindless sheep. Go ahead.

At least you got one of those mindless sheep to back you up.

:trance:

Risin
08-31-2004, 06:46 AM

Hmm, if he sucks so bad, why is his career QB rating only 2 points lower then Drews?

Billz_fan
08-31-2004, 06:53 AM

He needs a single bar facemask :snicker:

illusionone
08-31-2004, 07:24 AM
OK, I guess nobody else cares that you are calling them mindless sheep. Go ahead.

I call it like I see it, In no way was my intention to rank on anybody..Lets face it members of this board jump on bandwagons. There's nothing wrong with that, I just figured I would point it out is all.
:tap:

Dozerdog
08-31-2004, 07:29 AM
Let's all hope he plays great against 3rd string players- he's a Bill for crying out loud!

illusionone
08-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Let's all hope he plays bgreat against 3rd string players- he's a Bill for crying out loud!

agreed, I never said I wanted him to play bad. I just said, if he plays great, people would be calling for Bledsoe's head..It doesn't really matter, I just figured I would throw it out there

Dozerdog
08-31-2004, 07:39 AM
agreed, I never said I wanted him to play bad. I just said, if he plays great, people would be calling for Bledsoe's head..It doesn't really matter, I just figured I would throw it out there

I hear ya-

People have already called for DB's head- but I doubt it will be for Matthews as an alternative.

Risin
08-31-2004, 08:08 AM
call me crazy, but Drew has looked ok this pre-season. I would consider myself a Drew detractor, so I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

The_Philster
08-31-2004, 03:28 PM

:rolleyes: I don't see him pointing any fingers. But if you want an example, I remember a poster or two that said Travis Brown was something great after he played well against a Prevent defense. Hell, Mikey could throw on that. :cynic:

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
Whether he sucks or not, he's still better than any backup the Bills could've gotten or had. I think he's better than Brown peronsonally. He's a veteran, he's actually played, even started some games. His career stats aren't horrible. I think he's an adequate backup QB, I'd dread to think what would happen if he had to start all 16 games for the Bills, but if he had to come into the game in a pinch, I'd rather have him than Zolman.

TedMock
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
call me crazy, but Drew has looked ok this pre-season. I would consider myself a Drew detractor, so I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

I agree. He's even running.....not very fast, but at least he's moving out of the pocket and attempting it. I'll take that anyday over the sack.

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
I agree. He's even running.....not very fast, but at least he's moving out of the pocket and attempting it. I'll take that anyday over the sack.

I think he finally realizes that he can't stand in the pocket and expect to live.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Hmm, if he sucks so bad, why is his career QB rating only 2 points lower then Drews?
He's like the utility baseball player who only gets a couple of hundred at bats in his career and bats .350. Is he almost as good as Willie Mays or Hank Aaron?

TigerJ
08-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I'll go on record and say that Shane Matthews will play relatively little on Thursday. He's only had one day of practice. He's going to be cramming to try and learn as much terminology as he can. He will have had time to learn only the tiniest fraction of the playbook. Moreover, he's been playing golf. He's not in any kind of football shape. Nothing against Matthews, (I think he's probably as good a pickup as the Bills could have made under the circumstances) but I think he'll get a couple series just like Bledsoe, just to get his feet wet and get his timing down a little on the few plays he will have had a chance to master. I think Greg Zolman gets a lot of work on Thursday by default.

illusionone
09-01-2004, 07:20 AM

I agree, at this point, there is no reason to say that Drew will not give it his all, and make plays for this team. I for one am glad that he is the QB, and I still believe he can take this team to the playoffs.

Ostrich club rules!

Hemlepp53
09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Drew is our guy.. Everyone knows that.. Stop denying it!!!

Hemlepp53
09-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I agree, at this point, there is no reason to say that Drew will not give it his all, and make plays for this team. I for one am glad that he is the QB, and I still believe he can take this team to the playoffs.

Ostrich club rules!

GOOD MAN... GOOD MAN... Like What I Read illusionone... I Agree With You.. He will give it his ALL

WagonCircler
09-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I'll go on record and say that Shane Matthews will play relatively little on Thursday. He's only had one day of practice. He's going to be cramming to try and learn as much terminology as he can. He will have had time to learn only the tiniest fraction of the playbook. Moreover, he's been playing golf. He's not in any kind of football shape. Nothing against Matthews, (I think he's probably as good a pickup as the Bills could have made under the circumstances) but I think he'll get a couple series just like Bledsoe, just to get his feet wet and get his timing down a little on the few plays he will have had a chance to master. I think Greg Zolman gets a lot of work on Thursday by default.

I agree that Matthews isn't in football shape, but I think he'll get about 1.5 quarters of work, all vanilla, mostly running plays. He said in an interview something to the effect that "All the teams in this leasgue run the same plays, they just call them differently". So, in addition to needing to get into shape, he also needs reps with the terminology in real-time game situations.

I also think that while most of the rosters is set, obviously the O-Line is still in a state of flux. I think the "make or breaks" for the guys up front will be the difference in how well they run-block, as they are almost all poor pass blockers. So, with the Offensive game plan being mostly running plays, it shouldn't be too taxing physically on Matthews to play up to two quarters.