PDA

View Full Version : That Third Baseman

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 06:47 AM
didn't look too bad last night.

ryjam282
08-31-2004, 06:58 AM
Live in the nows....JP hasn't looked bad either.

That Third baseman is a backup to a 41 year old man.

Throne Logic
08-31-2004, 07:09 AM

Yup. But with that in mind, he might not be the backup for long . . . :biggrin:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 07:18 AM

Live in the nows? Can I not state that Henson looked good last night. JP will be fine. Next year when you are b*tching that the Cowboys have our top 10 pick.

TedMock
08-31-2004, 08:10 AM
The 41 year old man looked great last night. It's frightening.

Bulldog
08-31-2004, 08:23 AM
The 41 year old man looked great last night. It's frightening.

I guess thats what happens when teams actually have a o-line that can pass protect. We wouldn't know anything about that here in Buffalo.

FTG
08-31-2004, 08:25 AM
I guess thats what happens when teams actually have a o-line that can pass protect. We wouldn't know anything about that here in Buffalo.

I guess the Cowboys OL did not get the memo that you are not supposed to try in preseason

Bulldog
08-31-2004, 08:48 AM
I guess the Cowboys OL did not get the memo that you are not supposed to try in preseason

Either that, or they are scared $h!tless of what Parcells will do to them.

ryjam282
08-31-2004, 09:44 AM
I think that is the answer.

Did you see him going off on the TE Campbell when he had the illegal formation call in the 1st quarter, it cost them a first down and they had to punt. He was going crazy, "What the F is your problem, get your ****** head in the game."

Iehoshua
08-31-2004, 10:04 AM

Of course, he was once a Yankee! :D

Bulldog
08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
I think that is the answer.

Did you see him going off on the TE Campbell when he had the illegal formation call in the 1st quarter, it cost them a first down and they had to punt. He was going crazy, "What the F is your problem, get your ****** head in the game."

Yeah, I saw that. That can't be a good feeling when Parcells gives you that look when you're coming back to the sidelines after a mistake! :nervous:

Valerie
08-31-2004, 11:44 AM
I thought he was a pitcher. Did he play professional baseball? I know nothing about this guy, but I do agree with you. He didn't look that bad. I missed Vinny's playing time. I don't like him, but I did hear that he looked good last night.

Don't the Cowboys also have a guy named Henderson? A rookie? *Don't kill me, I haven't paid attention to the off season at all.* My bad, I know. :doh:

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 12:00 PM
I thought he was a pitcher. Did he play professional baseball?
Third baseman in the Yankees chain, but couldn't hit the curve ball.

Valerie
08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
WOW! I didn't know that. Thanks, Jan! :)

I guess he's better suited for football than baseball. Look at Michael Jordan. He ruled the basketball courts and couldn't play baseball to save himself.

I think the only athlete I know who could play a few different professional sports was Bo Jackson.

HenryRules
08-31-2004, 05:09 PM

I guess he's better suited for football than baseball. Look at Michael Jordan. He ruled the basketball courts and couldn't play baseball to save himself.

I think the only athlete I know who could play a few different professional sports was Bo Jackson.

Deion Sanders was pretty good as a baseball player for a while (starting calibre and I think he might have made an all-star game).

ajsdx
08-31-2004, 08:36 PM
He also couldn't field worth jack. He had more errors than HR.

ajsdx
08-31-2004, 08:37 PM

I think if MJ had stayed the course and not switched exclusively to basketball in high school, he would have been a major leaguer. His offense might not have been the best, but he would have been terrific defensively.