PDA

View Full Version : Roster needs to be cut, Who gets #6?

G. Host
08-31-2004, 08:16 AM
Does Mike Shafer get cut to give Shane Matthews his old #6 number?
Mike Shafer IS going to be cut eventually but do the Bills want him to help Brian Moorman and Rian Lindell out in last preseason game?

Possible scenerios:
1. Shafer gets cut, Mathews gets #6
2. Shafer stays one cut, Mathews not ready for action vs Detriot, Shafer gets cut
3. Mathews wants a new number and Shafer is irrevelant
4. Shafer takes a new number for one game
5. Mathews takes a new number for one game

Cut day is today

TedMock
08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
9 is his number of choice. He only wore 6 in Washington because the fans there had a fit when he showed up with #9. Sonny Jergensen wore #9 and Theisman wore #7. Two years ago Matthews comes to camp in 9, and Wuerfell shows up in 7. The fans pitched a fit, and Snyder actually made them pick new numbers even though these two numbers were never retired. Having said that, he'll probably still end up in 6 because Lindell wears 9.

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 10:10 AM
9 is his number of choice. He only wore 6 in Washington because the fans there had a fit when he showed up with #9. Sonny Jergensen wore #9 and Theisman wore #7. Two years ago Matthews comes to camp in 9, and Wuerfell shows up in 7. The fans pitched a fit, and Snyder actually made them pick new numbers even though these two numbers were never retired. Having said that, he'll probably still end up in 6 because Lindell wears 9.
I don't care if they were Prince's symbol for their number...folks get way hung up on the number on the back rather than the production on the field...

ryjam282
08-31-2004, 10:13 AM
very true. They could where the pi symbol for all I care. Throw me some dang TD's

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 10:15 AM
very true. They could where the pi symbol for all I care. Throw me some dang TD's
lol...I was going to use the Pi symbol but couldn't find a way to type it so I went with Prince...:rofl:

G. Host
08-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Well scenerio 1 (Shafer gets cut, Mathews gets #6) happened.

Matthews was spotted in practice with Shafer's number.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Shafer got cut because he can't kick.