• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Roster needs to be cut, Who gets #6?

Does Mike Shafer get cut to give Shane Matthews his old #6 number?
    Mike Shafer IS going to be cut eventually but do the Bills want him to help Brian Moorman and Rian Lindell out in last preseason game?

Possible scenerios:
    1. Shafer gets cut, Mathews gets #6
    2. Shafer stays one cut, Mathews not ready for action vs Detriot, Shafer gets cut
    3. Mathews wants a new number and Shafer is irrevelant
    4. Shafer takes a new number for one game
    5. Mathews takes a new number for one game

Cut day is today
  • TedMock
    • Jul 2002

9 is his number of choice. He only wore 6 in Washington because the fans there had a fit when he showed up with #9. Sonny Jergensen wore #9 and Theisman wore #7. Two years ago Matthews comes to camp in 9, and Wuerfell shows up in 7. The fans pitched a fit, and Snyder actually made them pick new numbers even though these two numbers were never retired. Having said that, he'll probably still end up in 6 because Lindell wears 9.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
      9 is his number of choice. He only wore 6 in Washington because the fans there had a fit when he showed up with #9. Sonny Jergensen wore #9 and Theisman wore #7. Two years ago Matthews comes to camp in 9, and Wuerfell shows up in 7. The fans pitched a fit, and Snyder actually made them pick new numbers even though these two numbers were never retired. Having said that, he'll probably still end up in 6 because Lindell wears 9.
      I don't care if they were Prince's symbol for their number...folks get way hung up on the number on the back rather than the production on the field...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

very true. They could where the pi symbol for all I care. Throw me some dang TD's

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
          very true. They could where the pi symbol for all I care. Throw me some dang TD's
          lol...I was going to use the Pi symbol but couldn't find a way to type it so I went with Prince...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Well scenerio 1 (Shafer gets cut, Mathews gets #6) happened.

Matthews was spotted in practice with Shafer's number.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Shafer got cut because he can't kick.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍