cordog
08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Peters will end up on the PS as long as he clears waivers

LtBillsFan66
08-31-2004, 11:23 AM
No real surprises..

Michael82
08-31-2004, 11:25 AM
This makes sense, because these players have exemptions because they played on NFL Europe...

Greg Zolman
Jasen Esposito
Gerald Dixon

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Peters will be on the PS? There are still 12 or so other players that need to be cut.

Bulldog
08-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Jason Peters? Who would have thunk it.

With the way the o-line has looked, why wouldn't they have tried him there? I realize that he couldn't have contributed right away, but you would think that a guy with his size and coordination could make one he11 of a pulling guard.

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Kevin Beard WR Miami
Antonio Brown WR/KR West Virginia
Mark Graham S Buffalo
Johnny Lamar CB Florida
Jerel Myers WR LSU
Jason Peters TE Arkansas
David Porter OT Iowa
Lawrence Richardson CB Arkansas
Richard Seals OL Utah
Mike Shafer K Syracuse
Darryl Towns LB Nevada

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2701

Jason Peters? Guess we know why he wasn't drafted.,.. I was really pulling for him. otherwise there are more surprises who wasn't cut.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Peters will end up on the PS as long as he clears waivers
And probably Towns and Porter as well.

FTG
08-31-2004, 11:32 AM

Jason Peters? Guess we know why he wasn't drafted.,.. I was really pulling for him. otherwise there are more surprises who wasn't cut.
I can't remember who but I heard one reporter who talked to him say that Peters was dumber than a rock.

tomdonahoe
08-31-2004, 11:32 AM
With the way the o-line has looked, why wouldn't they have tried him there? I realize that he couldn't have contributed right away, but you would think that a guy with his size and coordination could make one he11 of a pulling guard.

Peters blocking technique was very poor according to a few published reports. I don't think he will make the practice squad.

Romes
08-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Its a good thing Peters came out as a junior :shakeno: ...he should have stayed in school and developed more.

The guy has the physical skill but reports were that he had trouble grasping the offense.

ZacGriffi~82
08-31-2004, 11:34 AM
I can't remember who but I heard one reporter who talked to him say that Peters was dumber than a rock.

He scored a 9 on the wonderlic if i remember correctly.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 11:34 AM
How the hell could Rod Trafford make the cut OVER Jason Peters? :scratch: :shakeno:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Now that we have cut a few WR's does this mean Haddad will make the team or will he still be cut? I would like to see him make it because he went to UB and it would show the community how much the BILLS care about the football program at UB.

DraftBoy
08-31-2004, 11:45 AM
Now that we have cut a few WR's does this mean Haddad will make the team or will he still be cut? I would like to see him make it because he went to UB and it would show the community how much the BILLS care about the football program at UB.

It shouldnt matter at all what school he went too. His skill should make the team not just bc he went to UB that ridiculous.

Romes
08-31-2004, 11:48 AM
How the hell could Rod Trafford make the cut OVER Jason Peters? :scratch: :shakeno:

Here is your answer... http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040831/SPORTS03/408310313/1021

Demon
08-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Thank god we have finally got rid of Antonio Brown. I couldn't stand the guy's weak Kickoff returns for another year.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 11:51 AM
There are still 7 WRs on the roster. Assuming Shaw sticks, either Haddad or Smith - or both - will be cut. I think Haddad is a good player, but there sure are a lot of quality WRs on this team.

G. Host
08-31-2004, 11:53 AM

They decided that that Jason Peters is NOT a god like some fans think.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Thank god we have finally got rid of Antonio Brown. I couldn't stand the guy's weak Kickoff returns for another year.
I agree. He had a ton of speed but not an ounce of instincts.

THATHURMANATOR
08-31-2004, 11:57 AM

Peters didn't strike me as THAT big. Big For a TE? yes but looks like he may have lost a little bit of weight from college.

BAM
08-31-2004, 11:57 AM
I agree with Demon too. McGee should be our return man.

tomdonahoe
08-31-2004, 12:17 PM
I think our best practice squad candidate is Luke Lawton. He has played very well and has been laying the lumber on linebackers in the hole all camp. We shall see. I really don't think you will see Peters on our practice squad because I think the fans had him rated way higher than the Bills did. He's huge tight end that can't block, not a good combination.

I do have to say that I am pretty shocked that Sape made this cut although he did get good penetration during the Colts game. Another is name McKenzie, he has really played bad against the run IMO and looks extremely slow. While I agree that A. Brown should have been cut, I think the next cut would have been a smarter move just in case one of our returners went down in practice this week. Brown has two things you can't teach, speed and experience. With all that being said, I would have cut Brown on Sunday but at least you would have a little safety net until then. Chances are that everything will work out though.

While I'm on a rant I have to say that I have been reading a lot of comments on how the injury to Losman WON'T hurt his development. I completely disagree with that assertion. This is a huge setback mainly because Losman will no longer be able to run the scout team every week. During every week of the season Losman would have gone up against our defense portraying the upcoming opponents QB. Any live action that Losman could have seen against Clements and Vincent would have helped his development. That time and experience alone would have been a huge benefit to his overall NFL IQ. Sitting is never a good thing especially when you are a rookie and to take it another step—especially when you are a rookie first round pick quarterback.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Here is your answer... http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040831/SPORTS03/408310313/1021
I was scratching my head when I read that article. I was watching #49 Trafford at camp and he dropped a lot of passes and never really stood out to me. Apparently Mularkey likes him. He'll probably be cut after the Lions game, and signed to the PS...or he'll make the team!?!? :eek: :whatthe:

ShadowHawk7
08-31-2004, 12:21 PM
I've actually been impressed by Trafford from what I've read and seen. I think Meyers will go to the PS again.

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 12:32 PM
that has been reported here locally...he was fine until they called an audible...then he was lost...

bernielivsey_1
08-31-2004, 01:35 PM
While I'm on a rant I have to say that I have been reading a lot of comments on how the injury to Losman WON'T hurt his development. I completely disagree with that assertion. This is a huge setback mainly because Losman will no longer be able to run the scout team every week. During every week of the season Losman would have gone up against our defense portraying the upcoming opponents QB. Any live action that Losman could have seen against Clements and Vincent would have helped his development. That time and experience alone would have been a huge benefit to his overall NFL IQ. Sitting is never a good thing especially when you are a rookie and to take it another step—especially when you are a rookie first round pick quarterback.

:sad: I agree completely :winkpunch

:trance: And if Peters was worth keeping we would have. :tip:

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't care how dumb he was.... this is football not chess. I don't care if he can spell football as long as he can catch one.

He must have enough inteligence to grasp an offence. Kordell Stewart is still on the league after all. If an illiterate QB can make it, so could a TE.

I hope he at least ends up on the PS. I heard he made some great catches so, why not let him learn?

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't care how dumb he was.... this is football not chess. I don't care if he can spell football as long as he can catch one.

He must have enough inteligence to grasp an offence. Kordell Stewart is still on the league after all. If an illiterate QB can make it, so could a TE.

I hope he at least ends up on the PS. I heard he made some great catches so, why not let him learn?
I would like to see Peters on the PS as well, but I think he has only about enough intelligence to grasp a knife and fork.

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2004, 03:43 PM
I still think he'd be the perfect guy to have around the goal line. Put him in as a tackle elligible ala Jumbo Elliot, and let him score TD's. He'd be a better option than anything we had around the goal line last year, besides Travis Henry.

As for him being dumb. I scored a 3 on the wonderlick and I can type! He's a jeanius for scoring a 9!

Jayhawk
08-31-2004, 03:47 PM
man it takes talent to be that stupid

Tatonka
08-31-2004, 04:20 PM
izelle reese wasnt on that list???

:shakeno:

The Natrix
08-31-2004, 06:13 PM

Amen. He was terrible. Sure he was fast, but he had about as much quicks as Bledsoe.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Probably not out of 10 huh?