PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 12:30 PM
I understand we cant keep them all. Cuts are tough. But this kid was raw. He had greasy fast speed. He can eat lightning and crap thunder. I HOPE TO GOD that he doesnt get picked up by an AFCE team because it would definitly bite us in the izass!

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Are we talking about the same Antonio Brown that returned kicks for us last year?

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 12:53 PM
If I wanted a KR/PR that ran real fast sideways then Antonio Brown would be my man.

Crisis
08-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Since when did someone's speed make him a good player?

This isn't track and field.

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Dear Antonio...don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya...

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Sheesh.....did you guys ever hear of the word "PROJECT." It was the kids first year. Inside the next two years I am betting this kid will be a great KR.

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Sheesh.....did you guys ever hear of the word "PROJECT." It was the kids first year. Inside the next two years I am betting this kid will be a great KR.
10zbs says he isn't on an active NFL roster come opening day...(PS does not count)

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 01:02 PM

Projects go on the practice squad not active roster.

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:03 PM
10zbs says he isn't on an active NFL roster come opening day...(PS does not count)

You could be right. But that doesnt mean he wont be back someday. And I am not betting anything. Zbs are dead to me. 2.0 failed us with the Thief feature. ZBs are now worthless.

Crisis
08-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Peters was a project too.

Why should we give a "project" a job over someone who can do alot better than him at the same position?

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Projects go on the practice squad not active roster.

Well then I hope we put him on the practice squad, but i doubt it.

I am just saying that I hope he goes to an NFC team if he is picked up.

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Peters was a project too.

Why should we give a "project" a job over someone who can do alot better than him at the same position?

I think none have you have read my original post or u r all way to cranky today....I said "I know we have to make cuts" and "I just hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the ass" Doesnt mean I think we should have kept him. I agree that he needed to go.

Earthquake Enyart
08-31-2004, 01:07 PM
I would rather keep a guy like Brown around to run back kicks and get rid of a guy lilke Aiken or Shaw, than see Clemens and Reed run back kicks and risk injury to two of your starters.

They may keep Jonathon Smith for kick returns too, though.

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:07 PM
And nobody picked up my Rocky reference :( :sigh:

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 01:08 PM
I would rather keep a guy like Brown around to run back kicks and get rid of a guy lilke Aiken or Shaw, than see Clemens and Reed run back kicks and risk injury to two of your starters.

Shaw and Aiken can at least catch. BTW it's almost time to give me all of your ZB's. :dance: :funny:

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:08 PM

I think Mcgee is the best option at KR. I dont know why they insist on using our number 2 reciever. Reed did a good job at it but Mcgee edges him out slightly and IS a backup.

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2004, 01:12 PM
And nobody picked up my Rocky reference :( :sigh:

I did mic... but that ain't the point. (good reference bad player)

The guy has speed..... congrats. i wish i did.

unfortunately for him I am more elusive and harder to tackle running my 4 minute 40 than he is. Ray Charles had better vision on the field than Brown. he still might.

bills_7
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
I understand we cant keep them all. Cuts are tough. But this kid was raw. He had greasy fast speed. He can eat lightning and crap thunder. I HOPE TO GOD that he doesnt get picked up by an AFCE team because it would definitly bite us in the izass!

I am going to agree with u savior.... i liked brown alot and i also thought he would break out this yr..... i cant believe they didnt give him a another shot at it... only if he was a better reciever he could of been something special........

saviorbledsoe
08-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Ray Charles had better vision on the field than Brown. he still might.

:funny:

Marvelous
08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm glad we released him. It was predictably frustrating to watch KR's last year.
We can't afford a prodject. I want some production asap...

Bulldog
08-31-2004, 01:34 PM
And I am not betting anything. Zbs are dead to me. 2.0 failed us with the Thief feature. ZBs are now worthless.

:roflmao:

Dr. Optimist, SB
08-31-2004, 01:38 PM
I am going to agree with u savior.... i liked brown alot and i also thought he would break out this yr..... i cant believe they didnt give him a another shot at it... only if he was a better reciever he could of been something special........
I agree with him too, he is quite the genious. He just got his doctorine in optimism.

Hooooray Name Change!

tampabay25690
08-31-2004, 01:43 PM

I don't think we have anything to worry about with him at all.....

SABURZFAN
08-31-2004, 01:50 PM
izass????? :meh2:

Michael82
08-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Dolphins | Wilkins Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:25:20 -0700

The Miami Dolphins, according to USAToday.com, have released WR Terrence Wilkins.

Sign him? :idunno:

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2004, 02:45 PM
Dolphins | Wilkins Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:25:20 -0700

The Miami Dolphins, according to USAToday.com, have released WR Terrence Wilkins.

Sign him? :idunno:

why? is he a great returner?

We don't need any more WR's.

I'M A BELIEVER
08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
If the WR starved Dolflamers don't want him, no thanks Jack.

Antonio Brown got lucky on a couple special teams breakdowns in preseason last year and all of a sudden he is the second coming of Dante Hall (who was a project too).

You can't hang on to every project with some special talent hoping they will blossom and become consistently great. I for one am much more excited about McGee in the return game....watch that guy a little bit Thursday....I think you will agree and get excited too. It's his vision and decisiveness that is most intriguing....but he is a burner too...

F Antonio Brown....he won't make another roster this year....and likely won't amount to s**t, ever.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 03:17 PM
As for Brown, track stars need speed, football players need football instincts. Brown is a good track man.

finsrclowns
08-31-2004, 04:56 PM
He can eat lightning and crap thunder.

Don't know what he eats but I definitely saw the crap part. :funny:

TigerJ
08-31-2004, 10:30 PM
As one who tends to get enamored with speed, I agree that Brown had worn out his welcome. I think Terrence McGee (who may not be world class but is plenty quick) is a much more natural KR. With Lee Evans, Buffalo has their speed receiver. He might not time quite as fast as Brown, but he has a far better college pedigree and I think once he gets over his rookie jitters and learns a little more about getting free of coverage, he's going to be the defence stretching WR the Bills can use.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2004, 10:37 PM
I HOPE TO GOD that he doesnt get picked up by an AFCE team because it would definitly bite us in the izass!
You mean like Charles Rogers who went to Miami? He sure lit it up over there. :snicker: