PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Crosby was cut again....

Michael82
08-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Chargers | Crosby Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:05:29 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced the team has waived FB Phillip Crosby

Ebenezer
08-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Chargers | Crosby Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:05:29 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced the team has waived FB Phillip Crosby
could it mean....that he SUCKS??

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 02:24 PM
NAh TD doesn't know what he's doing.

ryjam282
08-31-2004, 02:28 PM
Yes, he sucks.

G. Host
08-31-2004, 02:35 PM
could it mean....that he SUCKS??

No it means that he may not have recovered enough after injuries to get a position on final roster. Fullback is one of those discounted positions in NFL and teams are phasing it out.

Michael82
08-31-2004, 02:40 PM
No it means that he may not have recovered enough after injuries to get a position on final roster. Fullback is one of those discounted positions in NFL and teams are phasing it out.
There's the kind of post I was waiting for. Nice job. :bf1:

G. Host
08-31-2004, 02:47 PM
There's the kind of post I was waiting for. Nice job. :bf1:

I see no reason for people to bash players for being cut. Crosby was a standup guy and was very accessible to fans from what I heard. He did not want to leave Buffalo but signed with teams because Bills did show interest in him. I understand bashing players who do not want to be here and whine or are paid big bucks to be stars and then do not perform but not players like Crosby.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2004, 02:50 PM
One player that I thought would make it in the NFL was cut by the Titans, Vontez Duff. I knew a lot of people felt he was overrated but I thought he had a chance.

I'M A BELIEVER
08-31-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree, Crosby was a good egg and I think a pretty fair FB.

I noticed on several occasions (not sure what this says) two seasons ago that Gilbride (offensive genious that he is) had an entire sheet of plays drawn up just for Crosby.....and then, predictably, never used any of them....
Someone in the Bills organization had a hard on for him at one time....wonder who it was?

G. Host
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM

I noticed on several occasions (not sure what this says) two seasons ago that Gilbride (offensive genious that he is) had an entire sheet of plays drawn up just for Crosby.....and then, predictably, never used any of them....
Someone in the Bills organization had a hard on for him at one time....wonder who it was?

I saw Crosby throwing an option pass in training camp. Pretty good ball for a FB/RB. Too bad he did not get to develop more with Bills but I still hope he does well elsewhere except when he plays us. Here's hoping he gets another job, hopefully in NFC.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM
And a really good special teamer, too. G.Host may be right in that Crosby has never fully recovered from his injury. As I remember, he was close to beating out Gash before he got hurt.

G. Host
08-31-2004, 03:17 PM
From what I saw of him playing post-Buffalo, he lost a little speed. That is why I thought he returned before he was completely ready.

NapalmDeath
08-31-2004, 10:42 PM
I agree with the not recovering from the injuries part. I though he would have a solid future here with the Bills, but obviously that was not the case.