X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bills Stacked for AFC-E Run

Best Scouting report I've read since before Training Camp began... Probably because it excludes any mention of our Line problems.

LINK

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Pretty good except Reed is more than 5'8"

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Very good article.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

WOW! lol I love it. I'm going to post this link where as many Jets fans as possible will see it just to piss 'em off. As great as this is, I'm not so sure this guy knows what he's talking about. I like his prediction that we will be chasing NE for the top spot, but his knowledge is a bit lacking. He's a bit confused about our defensive line personnel. He thinks Kelsay is a rookie and Anderson is a defensive end. Does he really think McGahee is "perhaps the NFL's swiftest back?" He's nuts if he does.
        Also, why does he say the Jets are stuck in neutral? They made some nice moves to improve their defense this year and they could give us problems. I was going to say something about McCareins, but I'm not convinced that he's that much better than Conway. Conway was grossly underutilized last year in NY after coming of a 1200 yard season in San Diego. I think McCareins may have been a benefactor of a Titan passing offense that was on fire and won't thrive right away in another system.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Umm, Mr. Clemons, (article's author) Tim Anderson is a defensive tackle and adds to depth at that position. He doesn't play DE at all. Chris Kelsay is not a rookie. Otherwise a good article.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dr. Optimist, SB
            Veteran Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Its about time a sports writer says something besides lies to stir the pot.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

LMAO what's up with SB remaining silent for a while?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

Talk about blowing smoke up your ass. I know preseason is preseason guys, but that Colts game has really got me worried, and regardless of the state of the so-called mediocre Jets and Phish, we all know that no team in the AFC East will just lay down and get their asses kicked. Every divisional game will be hell. Yeah we may look good on paper but....

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                  and regardless of the state of the so-called mediocre Jets and Phish, we all know that no team in the AFC East will just lay down and get their asses kicked. Every divisional game will be hell. Yeah we may look good on paper but....
                  Playing each of the AFC-E rivals within the first five games is a stretch that could Make or Break this teams season.. If the O-Line does not jell early we could easily dig a 1-4 or 2-3 hole for ourselves.. the lines development early will be crucial to this teams success or failure.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

He way underrated the Jets IMO. I don't think they are "stuck in neutral". I think they will be a tough team this year with Pennington hitting his stride. The kid is going to be a star.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

As a first-time head coach at any level, Mularkey has sought protection (from being overwhelmed), by bringing in a top-notch army of lieutenants

Amen to that.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

On paper, the Bills boast having perhaps the best skill-position talent in the AFC.

He kind of lost me there. Off the top of my head, I would say either Indy or Kansas City in the AFC, and it isn't close. Cincinnati, Tennessee and New England would fill out my top 5.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          On paper, the Bills boast having perhaps the best skill-position talent in the AFC.

He kind of lost me there. Off the top of my head, I would say either Indy or Kansas City in the AFC, and it isn't close. Cincinnati, Tennessee and New England would fill out my top 5.
                          Depth. At RB, QB, (before all the injuries) WR, good kickers. Our skill positions are staffed magnificiently. Unfortunately, the game is won and lost in the trenches.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

A very good, positive assessment, with the exception of a few factual errors which I'm sure most of us noticed. I loved the Peerless zinger - who suffered more by his leaving, us or the Falcons. Classic.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                              Depth. At RB, QB, (before all the injuries) WR, good kickers. Our skill positions are staffed magnificiently. Unfortunately, the game is won and lost in the trenches.
                              I agree with Billsology. The Bills do have terrific talent at the offensive skill positions. Whether that talent steps forward is another questions but there certainly is plenty of talent, good mix of young and old, size and speed.

The o-line will be the key. I am hopeful - but not entirely confident - that good coaching and game planning will have a positive impact during the season. I think a good o-line can be built with free agents like Lawrence Smith. Sure it is risky but given the cost associated with more celebrated free agents and high draft picks, a line cannot be composed entirely of those types - a team can't afford it under the cap. Most successful teams have a guy that came from nowhere or next to nowhere to play a key role on the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X