PDA

View Full Version : Bills Stacked for AFC-E Run

juice
08-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Best Scouting report I've read since before Training Camp began... Probably because it excludes any mention of our Line problems.

LINK (www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=352148) :bf1:

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Pretty good except Reed is more than 5'8" :rofl:

ryjam282
08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Very good article.

ParanoidAndroid
08-31-2004, 10:08 PM
WOW! lol I love it. I'm going to post this link where as many Jets fans as possible will see it just to piss 'em off. As great as this is, I'm not so sure this guy knows what he's talking about. I like his prediction that we will be chasing NE for the top spot, but his knowledge is a bit lacking. He's a bit confused about our defensive line personnel. He thinks Kelsay is a rookie and Anderson is a defensive end. Does he really think McGahee is "perhaps the NFL's swiftest back?" :shocked: He's nuts if he does.
Also, why does he say the Jets are stuck in neutral? They made some nice moves to improve their defense this year and they could give us problems. I was going to say something about McCareins, but I'm not convinced that he's that much better than Conway. Conway was grossly underutilized last year in NY after coming of a 1200 yard season in San Diego. I think McCareins may have been a benefactor of a Titan passing offense that was on fire and won't thrive right away in another system.

TigerJ
08-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Umm, Mr. Clemons, (article's author) Tim Anderson is a defensive tackle and adds to depth at that position. He doesn't play DE at all. Chris Kelsay is not a rookie. Otherwise a good article.

Dr. Optimist, SB
08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Its about time a sports writer says something besides lies to stir the pot.

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 10:27 PM
LMAO what's up with SB remaining silent for a while?:rofl::lol:

Drive 4 Five
08-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Talk about blowing smoke up your ass. I know preseason is preseason guys, but that Colts game has really got me worried, and regardless of the state of the so-called mediocre Jets and Phish, we all know that no team in the AFC East will just lay down and get their asses kicked. Every divisional game will be hell. Yeah we may look good on paper but....

juice
08-31-2004, 11:41 PM
and regardless of the state of the so-called mediocre Jets and Phish, we all know that no team in the AFC East will just lay down and get their asses kicked. Every divisional game will be hell. Yeah we may look good on paper but....
Playing each of the AFC-E rivals within the first five games is a stretch that could Make or Break this teams season.. If the O-Line does not jell early we could easily dig a 1-4 or 2-3 hole for ourselves.. the lines development early will be crucial to this teams success or failure. :nervous:

Mr. Cynical
09-01-2004, 12:03 AM
He way underrated the Jets IMO. I don't think they are "stuck in neutral". I think they will be a tough team this year with Pennington hitting his stride. The kid is going to be a star.

Historian
09-01-2004, 06:45 AM
As a first-time head coach at any level, Mularkey has sought protection (from being overwhelmed), by bringing in a top-notch army of lieutenants

Amen to that.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2004, 06:48 AM
On paper, the Bills boast having perhaps the best skill-position talent in the AFC.

He kind of lost me there. Off the top of my head, I would say either Indy or Kansas City in the AFC, and it isn't close. Cincinnati, Tennessee and New England would fill out my top 5.

Historian
09-01-2004, 06:52 AM
On paper, the Bills boast having perhaps the best skill-position talent in the AFC.

He kind of lost me there. Off the top of my head, I would say either Indy or Kansas City in the AFC, and it isn't close. Cincinnati, Tennessee and New England would fill out my top 5.

Depth. At RB, QB, (before all the injuries) WR, good kickers. Our skill positions are staffed magnificiently. Unfortunately, the game is won and lost in the trenches.

Jan Reimers
09-01-2004, 07:06 AM
A very good, positive assessment, with the exception of a few factual errors which I'm sure most of us noticed. I loved the Peerless zinger - who suffered more by his leaving, us or the Falcons. Classic. :funny:

EDS
09-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Depth. At RB, QB, (before all the injuries) WR, good kickers. Our skill positions are staffed magnificiently. Unfortunately, the game is won and lost in the trenches.

I agree with Billsology. The Bills do have terrific talent at the offensive skill positions. Whether that talent steps forward is another questions but there certainly is plenty of talent, good mix of young and old, size and speed.

The o-line will be the key. I am hopeful - but not entirely confident - that good coaching and game planning will have a positive impact during the season. I think a good o-line can be built with free agents like Lawrence Smith. Sure it is risky but given the cost associated with more celebrated free agents and high draft picks, a line cannot be composed entirely of those types - a team can't afford it under the cap. Most successful teams have a guy that came from nowhere or next to nowhere to play a key role on the line.

Jeff1220
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
He also called Chris Kelsay a rookie. (2nd year). His facts are far from straight, therefore his credibility is lost.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Depth. At RB, QB, (before all the injuries) WR, good kickers. Our skill positions are staffed magnificiently.

The Bills do have terrific talent at the offensive skill positions.

OK, but best in the AFC? Hardly. Not even close.

I like Moulds and Henry a lot, but outside of them there isn't a top player at his position on offense.

QB - Bledsoe is middle of the pack at best, Losman is a rookie and Brown has never proven anything in the NFL. You may try to argue that Losman is talented, but the same could be said for Rex Grossman (drafted about the same spot). Until he shows he can play in the NFL he isn't talented.

RB - OK, Henry is a top RB, but as much as you guys are excited about McGahee he hasn't shown anything yet. There is not saying he will every regain the form that made him a top college RB before his injury. Until he does, he isn't as good as you think.

WR - Moulds is actually a little underrated, IMO. Evans has great speed but again is only a rookie. I actually like Reed, but he hasn't proven to be more than a slot receiver yet. Shaw is an average 3rd WR or good 4th WR, nothing more. That has all he ever has been in his career.

TE - Campbell, Euhus and Neufeld? That is pedestrian at best.

Talent isn't being able to run fast or jump high, it is being able to play football. Indy and KC scored a ton of points last year for a reason, and it wasn't all coaching. You can blame coaching all you want, but Buffalo's offensive skill talent is middle-of-the-pack.

Defensively, you could argue that Buffalo is pretty talented. Offensively you would have to be a pretty big homer to consider them anywhere near the class of an Indy or KC.

carybillsfan
09-01-2004, 08:55 AM
What the hell is this guy talking about, my guess is he's never even seen the bills play. I stopped reading after I heard "standout Ken Siminton" <- sorry but the guy's a bum, NFLE superstar but NFL Dud if Burns were healthy he'd get the ax

Hemlepp53
09-01-2004, 11:45 AM
I agree with Billsology. The Bills do have terrific talent at the offensive skill positions. Whether that talent steps forward is another questions but there certainly is plenty of talent, good mix of young and old, size and speed.

Good Stuff .. Agreed... The Artice had some errors that have been pointed out by other posters so i wont repeat.