How come Gilbride constantly gets a pass???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

How come Gilbride constantly gets a pass???

As I see it, any idiot and moron could see that the way to beat the Pats was to run the ball. Yet, Henry only gets 11 carries when again, he's running well!!

So how come many people say that Gilbride's not at fault?

Was Drew audibling all the rushing plays to passes? I think not!

75-80% passing is outrageous, remiss, and irresponsible!!

I'm starting to think that Gilbride's best days are past. LONG past. He's always had a bent for the passing game. It looks as if that is one of our biggest weaknesses this season.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

It wasn't one his best playcalling days.

Take into consideration that we were down 17-0.

Also take into consideration that the D had our O lineman all confused.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

He gets a pass Wys because the other side of the ball is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad!

I think the plan was to run more but we got behind. He did drop the plan to early though.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

We were down 17-7 at the half and after the first drive, and Henry only had 2 carries following that.

Thanks for helping me make my point however. Besides, don't you think that even down by 10, it would have been wise to slow down the pace of the game since it wasn't doing us any favors??

I mean afterall, if we slow it down and run, and then score, it's 17-14.

Also, out of the first 9 plays of the game, the passing game yielded 12 positive yards while Henry had 36 yards on 5 carries!

So what, naturally pass some more then? Yeah, that's fantastic coaching!!!

Again, thanks for helping me make my point.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Yes................no doubt we trashed the run way too soon. I don't know if it was panic being behind by 10, a lack of trust in Henry not to fumble or just a love affair with the pass!

If any game we should have run more it was this one with the pats being near the bottom in run D and near the top in pass D.
          It was not one of KG's best days but I am still a LOT more worried about the D than the O.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Gilbride was very irresponsible for abandoning the run. Especially with the hard blitzes up the middle...we should have been pitching to the outside and making Bill B's lil short a$$ pay for it everytime, only then would you have seen Mr Defensive genius (other than Gregg Williams) back off and give Drew some room.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

He was also very irresponsible in the Detroit game the week before by trying to pass in the last five minutes of the game when we should have been running clock...we almost blew that game..enough is enough.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

he keeps on getting a pass because until this week the Bills never scored less than 23...a couple of more weeks of this and he'll get his fair share of ripping??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  he keeps on getting a pass because until this week the Bills never scored less than 23...a couple of more weeks of this and he'll get his fair share of ripping??
                  I absolutely agree
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

He should have been ripped for the Miami game which the D, really the Miami O, bailed us out of. We only put up 16 offensive points. With the offensive unit that we have, that shouldn't happen. Miami's D is good, it's not that good. Even G.B. put up 24. Our passing talent is at least as good as theirs. Henry when he gets going as he did vs. Miami, is as good as Green.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

The bottom line is that our offense will struggle due to Gilbride and the D won't help in the least. That's not a good formula for winning games against would-be playoff teams this year.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        He should have been ripped for the Miami game which the D, really the Miami O, bailed us out of. We only put up 16 offensive points. With the offensive unit that we have, that shouldn't happen. Miami's D is good, it's not that good. Even G.B. put up 24. Our passing talent is at least as good as theirs. Henry when he gets going as he did vs. Miami, is as good as Green.

Don't foget GB had a defensive TD too so both O's put up about the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X