PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our suprise player?

HenryRules
08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Normally every year, one player on a team goes beyond expectations and really suprises people. Last year, I'd have to say it was Campbell and I'm wondering who everyone thinks it will be this year.

The guy doesn't have to have a pro bowl calibre season, just someone who contributes a lot more than was expected at the start of the season.

Leading candidate so far is probably Lawrence Smith as I don't think many expected him to make the team, let alone start.

Although I think Gildon could still end up being our biggest suprise. With him most likely playing two positions on our D and neither Kelsay or Denney really looking irreplaceable, I think Gildon could end up making a lot of key plays even though he'll most likely be a situational player. I don't think we'll see much until after the bye week, or maybe a bit after because he'll need some time to learn the new position and the new D.

The Spaz
08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Tim Euhus.:up::beers:

ScottLawrence
08-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Right now,

Its been Teague. Im going to stick with Teague.

Drive 4 Five
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM

Like your pick Spazzo.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
I say Kelsay comes of age and gets 7 solo sacks.

juice
08-31-2004, 11:53 PM
If Milloy misses any extended period of time I think he may be called on to step in at SS, good coverage skills, a nose for the ball, and he likes to get in on the big play. :zipit:

Mr. Cynical
08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Kevin Thomas.

Tatonka
09-01-2004, 12:21 AM
first off juice.. there is no way that anyone will start in place of milloy other than wire.. no chance.

my pick is baker.. he is going to unseat that worthless slug reese after reese gets *****ed by a few more TEs.

juice
09-01-2004, 01:18 AM
first off juice.. there is no way that anyone will start in place of milloy other than wire.. no chance.

my pick is baker.. he is going to unseat that worthless slug reese after reese gets *****ed by a few more TEs.

:funny: You said Wire would unseat Reese and now it's the Undrafted Rookie FA.. Reese seems to be one of the bright points of this Defense, I dont think Gray would subject a rookie to playing next to Wire and his lack of coverage ability.

Marvelous
09-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Some interesting post in this thread..
I say Terrence Mcgee becomes a playmaker and gets some key picks..

I'm interested in Baker taking starting FS. We need a hungry FS for a change..

Anyone think Crowell steps up? special teams, maybe with the limited defensive time he sees

casdhf
09-01-2004, 06:06 AM
I think Reese wins the FS job by default. It's not that he did anything to win, he just didn't lose it. Wire blew it by sucking in coverage, so they smartly moved him back. If we keep Baker, Reese is in trouble, if he goes and PP stays on Reese is safe.

Jan Reimers
09-01-2004, 07:10 AM
I like Reed on offense and McGee on defense. Big years for both.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2004, 07:21 AM
i'd like to see campbell put up decent numbers.

Hounds
09-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Shaud Williams - everyone has been talking so much about the so called running back controversy but I think Shaud has been playing great. I think he had 67 yards in the 2nd half against the Colts. I am hoping Shaud will be make the team and not just the practise squad. Then really make the most of the playing time that he gets. Although I wish I could say that I think the biggest surprise would be an offensive lineman because they have to be the biggest concern.

lordofgun
09-01-2004, 09:25 AM
My prediction is that Coy Wire will play so well at SS that they won't hurry Milloy back and may not put Milloy back on the starting unit.

Ebenezer
09-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Offense-Reed
Defense-Thomas and McGee

I'M A BELIEVER
09-01-2004, 09:28 AM
My prediction is that Coy Wire will play so well at SS that they won't hurry Milloy back and may not put Milloy back on the starting unit.

Could you share some of what you are smokin with the rest of us?

I like Coy Wire....but him beating out Milloy is a bit far fetched don't ya think?

bills_7
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Kelsay

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2004, 10:10 AM
I am going to go with Nuefield here. Just a hunch.

Pride
09-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Drew Bledsoe!

So many people expect him to fail, and I feel he will settle the offense, and lead us to the playoffs.

You cannot overlook him!

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-01-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd go with Kelsay. I think he should become a steady pass rusher.

tampabay25690
09-01-2004, 10:43 AM
I like Reed on offense!!!!

I like Jeff Posey on D!!!!!!!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2004, 10:55 AM
I like Reed on offense!!!!

I like Jeff Posey on D!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are also my two picks. Reed gets his breakout year (doesn't go out like Bucky Brooks) and Posey comes close to or gets double digit sacks, starts looking less like Gabe Northern and more like Biscuit.

Tatonka
09-01-2004, 10:58 AM

:bf1:

G. Host
09-01-2004, 11:34 AM

I can go along with that prediction! Lawyer was a panic signing.

Hemlepp53
09-01-2004, 11:40 AM

Agreed... Tim Euhus will be a surprise player!!! Agreed Spaz....

BAM
09-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Drew Blizzle!!!

Hemlepp53
09-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Ohhh... Drew would be such a lovely surprise... McGahee will do something but it is expected with his past and preseason play... Oh Oh Oh... Who Knows... I Just Want SUPRISES on many levels this season.. Can We Please HAve A Winning Season... Thats All I'm Asking For!!!

lordofgun
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Could you share some of what you are smokin with the rest of us?

I like Coy Wire....but him beating out Milloy is a bit far fetched don't ya think?
If it works out, I'll be a genius!

RedEyE
09-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Rian Lindell. His leg has never looked stronger. He's already proven something to me in pre season and I think that he'll just get better as the year goes on.

B-DON
09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
i know he's not a player but mularky will be a huge surprise in my mind. how often do rookie hc's make the playoffs? well this year i guarantee it will happen!

Dantheman1280
09-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Travis Henry- trough all the bs he is gonna have 1800 yards

ShadowHawk7
09-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Shaud Williams - everyone has been talking so much about the so called running back controversy but I think Shaud has been playing great. I think he had 67 yards in the 2nd half against the Colts. I am hoping Shaud will be make the team and not just the practise squad. Then really make the most of the playing time that he gets. Although I wish I could say that I think the biggest surprise would be an offensive lineman because they have to be the biggest concern.

Shaud Williams IS looking impressive. With another good preseason game, he may unseat Simonton for the 3rd back spot. PS at very least.

ShadowHawk7
09-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Offense-Reed
Defense-Thomas and McGee

Agreed. I also think Lindell will step it up for us this year. I don't think Bledsoe's success will be a suprise; with all the talent around him, an bad year would be a suprise.

juice
09-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I think Reese wins the FS job by default. It's not that he did anything to win, he just didn't lose it. Wire blew it by sucking in coverage, so they smartly moved him back. If we keep Baker, Reese is in trouble, if he goes and PP stays on Reese is safe.

I see PP replacing Coy Wire at #2 SS before I see him starting at that FS position.. Reese is a cover guy first who has been active in run defense, exactly what this defense needs with the personell we are currently starting. Reese's Range, Cover skills and Size makes him what the doctor ordered for an aggressive, speed "D" that will really get after the ball.

Reese has had one of the better camps of anyone on the team, so I dont know what you mean by "He didn't do anything to win the spot", If that were the case, with the camp that Baker has had, there would be more of a call for him to start at FS.. Instead most observers see Reese as having the spot on LOCK.

Injury might be the only way that Izzell doesn't hold FS down.. But I can see Coy struggling against Detroit and getting pulled in favor of PP.

ShadowHawk7
09-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Hmmm.. good point Juice. Also don't give S*** about the lack of big plays from Reese. I don't care if don't get a pick, force fumble, or sack, from him, as long as we continue our big play defense as a WHOLE. (2nd most caused turnovers in NFL with 8. :dance: )
Now if we could stop the O/ST from turning the rock over. (7 fumbles against Colts. :doh:)

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Rian Lindell. His leg has never looked stronger. He's already proven something to me in pre season and I think that he'll just get better as the year goes on.
That's a good pick.

Demon
09-01-2004, 09:55 PM
I like Reed on offense and McGee on defense. Big years for both.

I couldn't agree more with you're picks.

I think Josh Reed will have a great season which will allow Lee Evans to play the 3 role and not have too much pressure on him if he was starting and i think Reed will have an awsome season.

I don't really like what i'v seen from Troy Vincent but i love what Terrance McGee has shown. I can definetly see McGee starting LCB by mid-season.

B-DON
09-01-2004, 09:57 PM
what is your obsession with mediocore players? face the fact that baker is outplayin reese of crap. when was the last time you saw reese gettin his hands on a pic? i myself have never seen reese even break up a pass let alone get an interception. just call up ruben and tell him yoou found someone elses dick with even less talent then him to ride on

I see PP replacing Coy Wire at #2 SS before I see him starting at that FS position.. Reese is a cover guy first who has been active in run defense, exactly what this defense needs with the personell we are currently starting. Reese's Range, Cover skills and Size makes him what the doctor ordered for an aggressive, speed "D" that will really get after the ball.

Reese has had one of the better camps of anyone on the team, so I dont know what you mean by "He didn't do anything to win the spot", If that were the case, with the camp that Baker has had, there would be more of a call for him to start at FS.. Instead most observers see Reese as having the spot on LOCK.

Injury might be the only way that Izzell doesn't hold FS down.. But I can see Coy struggling against Detroit and getting pulled in favor of PP.

juice
09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
what is your obsession with mediocore players? face the fact that baker is outplayin reese of crap. when was the last time you saw reese gettin his hands on a pic? i myself have never seen reese even break up a pass let alone get an interception. just call up ruben and tell him yoou found someone elses dick with even less talent then him to ride on

What happened to Iversons jumper in the Olympics? I hope that clown in your Avatar can shoot the Jumpshot.. With Shaq in the East you guys will NEVER see the finals.. Maybe those scrubs can get into the Playoffs this year.

Wire only had 1 pass defended the entire season he started.. now thats MEDIOCRE.. A Defensive Back that can't cover, thats almost as bad as a Shooting Guard that cant shoot.

Instead of letting AI run L. Brown out of town they should've gotten rid of Iverson the BRICKMASON. :mine:

B-DON
09-01-2004, 10:51 PM
since you brought up iverson, lets look at his credentials, big east player of the year, big east defensive player of the year, 1 pick in the draft, rookie of the year, mvp, led his team to the finals and single handedly won game 1 himself, never backed out of the olympics like the other "role models" including garnett, shaq, t-mac, etc. did, btw who has the second most playoff ppg behind jordan, oh yeah that would be iverson. now back to the subject it's funny how i mentioned baker was playin better than reese but you came back with a wire remark. i never said anything about wire, and btw how many pass deflections did reese have last year?

hurls
09-01-2004, 10:57 PM
since you brought up iverson, lets look at his credentials, big east player of the year, big east defensive player of the year, 1 pick in the draft, rookie of the year, mvp, led his team to the finals and single handedly won game 1 himself, never backed out of the olympics like the other "role models" including garnett, shaq, t-mac, etc. did, btw who has the second most playoff ppg behind jordan, oh yeah that would be iverson. now back to the subject it's funny how i mentioned baker was playin better than reese but you came back with a wire remark. i never said anything about wire, and btw how many pass deflections did reese have last year?

Anyone criticizing A.I. doesn't know basketball, or doesn't follow anyone outside the Fakers. Ask any reporter at The Games, and A.I. was their leader(albeit a weak team). Tim Duncan was a no-show for media, and was beaten underneath in games. If the team could hit a jumper, we wouldn't be complaining.

The Natrix
09-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Hopefully Bledsoe, but I think it will be Chris Kelsay.

B-DON
09-01-2004, 11:02 PM
thank you slurh, juice doesnt no **** about basketball but what he sees on sportscenter so we cant blame him and as for our 1st round pick igoudala he is gonna be special if u knew jack**** about basketball....btw what is your fav bball team?

Anyone criticizing A.I. doesn't know basketball, or doesn't follow anyone outside the Fakers. Ask any reporter at The Games, and A.I. was their leader(albeit a weak team). Tim Duncan was a no-show for media, and was beaten underneath in games. If the team could hit a jumper, we wouldn't be complaining.

Marvelous
09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I hope Kelsay or Denney step it up and be atleast a decent starter. IMO if they both suck we need to adress LE asap....

juice
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM

I know Iverson has the worst shooting percentage in Olympic history and every year takes more shots than the rest of the Sixers put together, with the same results, an early exit in the Playoffs.

How can you say Baker, an undrafted Rookie Free Agent, is playing better than a Starter when he hasn't played against other starters. I guess he's playing better than Nate Clements also, except he's playing against Practice Squad players in garbage time.

Reese had two SOLOS for no gain, last game, with one being on the Goalline.. He was also the leading Tackler in the starting lineup.

Baker has had a good camp Rookie Free Agent trying to make the squad, while Reese has had a good Preseason as a starting FS.. Big Difference in skill level.

juice
09-01-2004, 11:13 PM

AI was the leader who was suspended for keeping LeBron and Stoudelmire out of practice, He sets a great example for the younger players.

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-01-2004, 11:17 PM
I hope Kelsay or Denney step it up and be atleast a decent starter. IMO if they both suck we need to adress LE asap....
I don't think Kelsay sucks or at least I hope so. I really like him and think he's a good DE, I see him becoming a solid pass rusher. 6-8 sacks

B-DON
09-01-2004, 11:22 PM
[/QUOTE]I know Iverson has the worst shooting percentage in Olympic history and every year takes more shots than the rest of the Sixers put together, with the same results, an early exit in the Playoffs.
How can you say Baker, an undrafted Rookie Free Agent, is playing better than a Starter when he hasn't played against other starters. I guess he's playing better than Nate Clements also, except he's playing against Practice Squad players in garbage time.
Baker has had a good camp Rookie Free Agent trying to make the squad, while Reese has had a good Preseason as a starting FS.. Big Difference in skill level. Reese had two SOLOS for no gain, last game, with one being on the Goalline.. He was also the leading Tackler in the starting lineup. .[/QUOTE]

since when is 6 tackles and no big plays or turnovers in 3 games deserving of the staring job? reese sucks man face it he will never be playmaker hell he will never have 2 picks in a season from here on out. i think letting an undrafted free agent even compete for the same job would be a slap in the face to most vets but reese can only beat out baker because of default. i guarantee this time next year reese wont have a starting job any where in the league. btw at least wire has a pick, hell even iverson could play fs better reese

Marvelous
09-01-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't think Kelsay sucks or at least I hope so. I really like him and think he's a good DE, I see him becoming a solid pass rusher. 6-8 sacks
6-8 is fine by me :) Kinda like Hansen was Aok

:bow: >>>Phil Hansen

juice
09-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Saying Reese vs Baker is a competition is like saying Milloy vs Wire are in competition.. Baker is an Undrafted Rookie FA trying to make the squad or Practice squad.. Maybe a future starter at a Safety, but not this year.. There was probably a reason he wasn't drafted by anyone.

Reese has FS on lock for now.

Was there any questions you wanted to ask me about the NBA.. Like what teams can the Sixers compete with this year. I can tell you that the odds are against Philly making it to the post-season. I can give some suggestions that might help your boy AI with his jumpshot. :snicker:

B-DON
09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Saying Reese vs Baker is a competition is like saying Milloy vs Wire are in competition.. Baker is an Undrafted Rookie FA trying to make the squad or Practice squad.. Maybe a future starter at a Safety, but not this year.. There was probably a reason he wasn't drafted by anyone.

Reese has FS on lock for now.

Was there any questions you wanted to ask me about the NBA.. Like what teams can the Sixers compete with this year. I can tell you that the odds are against Philly making it to the post-season. I can give some suggestions that might help your boy AI with his jumpshot. :snicker:

first of all wire has no chance to beat out millot unless milloy totally blows, while on the other hand if baker gets a little chance and shines then reese will be benched ina minute. you still havent given me yoour fav bball team. i betcha it's the pistons huh? sixers will definitely make it to the playoffs with new head coach jom obrien. iverson will lead this team back to the promise land guaranteed...

juice
09-01-2004, 11:54 PM
you still havent given me yoour fav bball team. i betcha it's the pistons huh?

I'll go with the Bearcats.. But if you want me to tell you which teams in the East will have a better record than the Sixers I can run it down for you.

Outside of Bills Football I have no favorites, but I am a sports Fanatic.

B-DON
09-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I'll go with the Bearcats.. But if you want me to tell you which teams in the East will have a better record than the Sixers I can run it down for you.

Outside of Bills Football I have no favorites, but I am a sports Fanatic.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u mean bobcats? real fans usually know the teams nickname

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:14 AM

i swear to god.. your posts ****ing suck.. they really are terrible.. i dissagree with almost every single thing that you said.. and half of it is a lie.

your posts are full of ****.

:down:

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:15 AM

i told you his posts suck.

juice
09-02-2004, 12:17 AM

Your right.. :clap: I should've said the only team the 69ers have a chance to beat in the East.

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:18 AM
since when is 6 tackles and no big plays or turnovers in 3 games deserving of the staring job? reese sucks man face it he will never be playmaker hell he will never have 2 picks in a season from here on out. i think letting an undrafted free agent even compete for the same job would be a slap in the face to most vets but reese can only beat out baker because of default. i guarantee this time next year reese wont have a starting job any where in the league. btw at least wire has a pick, hell even iverson could play fs better reese

bdon.. you have to realize.. trying to convince juice with actual stats.. or showing him video of him getting *****ed by TEs in preseason.. it does no good.. it is like trying to convince him that ruben brown is not the best guard in the nfl.

i am telling you.. he is :crazy:

B-DON
09-02-2004, 12:19 AM
i swear to god.. your posts ****ing suck.. they really are terrible.. i dissagree with almost every single thing that you said.. and half of it is a lie.

your posts are full of ****.

:down:

roflmao, are we the only two that notice?

juice
09-02-2004, 12:19 AM
i told you his posts suck.

Watch out the stalkers still up.. Wanna bet some Zonebucks on how many times Coy gets beat deep against the Lions?

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:21 AM
roflmao, are we the only two that notice?

not really ... i dont think there is actually anyone on the board that takes his posts seriously.. shame too.. because in a few RARE instances.. he has actually had a valid point.. but people see his name and automatically assume the post is going to be assine or about reese/brown sweaty lovin.

B-DON
09-02-2004, 12:22 AM
bdon.. you have to realize.. trying to convince juice with actual stats.. or showing him video of him getting *****ed by TEs in preseason.. it does no good.. it is like trying to convince him that ruben brown is not the best guard in the nfl.

i am telling you.. he is :crazy:

i started to realize this when he thought 2 whole SOLO tackles makes him deserving of the starting fs job

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Watch out the stalkers still up.. Wanna bet some Zonebucks on how many times Coy gets beat deep against the Lions?

your posts still suck dude.. seriously.. everyone knows it.

:yap:

B-DON
09-02-2004, 12:26 AM
dude how can u call anyone a stalker when you have a naked pic of ruben above your bed. i seriously wouldnt put this past you.

juice
09-02-2004, 12:28 AM
because in a few RARE instances.. he has actually had a valid point..

Thanks Tonk.. Thats the first time you've given me any credit.. But didn't you say Wire would beat out Reese for the FS spot.. It's hard to take you seriously because you dont know what you are talking about.

But you do like to hear yourself talk. :yap:

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks Tonk.. Thats the first time you've given me any credit.. But didn't you say Wire would beat out Reese for the FS spot.. It's hard to take you seriously because you dont know what you are talking about.

But you do like to hear yourself talk. :yap:

wow.. i was way off on that.. at least i am man enough to admit it.. he is just better at SS.. bottom line.. he wasnt beat out by reese.. he just doesnt have the FS instinct.. and is better suited for SS which is like an extra LB in this defense.. makes sense since he was a lb..

what really cracks me up is he still has a pick.. and Reese hasnt had a pick in OVER TWO YEARS!!!! WOW.. that is so friggen pathetic for a FS.. as a matter of fact.. he doesnt have any stats.. except a few tackles.. that is it.. and that is all.. but you continue to pimp him like he has done ANYTHING.. which he hasnt.. he fell on a loose ball one time.. that is the highlight of his career in buffalo.. he fell on a ball that milloy knocked out in a preseason game.. incredible.. but lets not talk about him any more..

you on the other hand.. you refuse to see anything other than what you believe to be correct.. and in your mind.. reese is jesus, and ruben is god..

that is why your considered the board jackass.. because you just harp on the same thing all the time.. ruben would have made this oline the best in the nfl.. and reese is the perfect safety.. i bet you would take him over sean taylor or ed reed.. i think your sick love for him runs that deep.

Tatonka
09-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks Tonk.. Thats the first time you've given me any credit..

you didnt believe that i really ment that did you?

Marvelous
09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Lets get back to some football.

**Coy Wire -- Whoever said" i bet he gets beat deep by the Lion" I agree with him.. Wire just reminded me of Tasker/Shultz. I think that's why i was such a Wire fan. But i see him getting beat deep also :sad: . I hope i'm wrong..

clumping platelets
09-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Josh Reed: he will excel in the 3 WRs sets

Ryan Denney: he will stabilze the LDE spot

:nervous:

Mr. Cynical
09-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Coy is going to rock as SS IMO. He wasn't a fit for FS, plain and simple. His skills are far more suited to SS. We all wanted him to learn better coverage skills but let's face it, that is not and probably will never be his strength. He can run fast, HIT HARD, and gets to the ball. The only thing he is lacking is the wisdom of the role that can only be gained with experience. So in that case, he may get burned a few times until he gains that wisdom. But he can only gain it if he plays.

It may take him a few games to spin up....games he should have had last year but didn't...but once he does he will make those WRs keep their head on a swivel for fear of getting creamed. I may be wrong, but I don't think Milloy has that same effect. I just hope he gets the chance and that Milloy doesn't come back *too* quickly.

ShadowHawk7
09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Last time I've seen Wire make a huge hit was when he either was on ST, or when he started 2 years ago. The first two preseason games, I was very disappointed in Wire, he made horrible angles to the ball, couldn't cover, and didn't any huge hits at all. He imporved alot last game, and we'll se if he can keep it up.

stucknmaine
09-02-2004, 11:48 AM
ryan lindell-will rebound for us or he is gone
crowell-provide depth and special teams
haggan-guy is huge. provide depth and special teams
euhus-hear he has good hands

my top candidate is tim anderson at dt

juice
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Lets get back to some football.

**Coy Wire -- Whoever said" i bet he gets beat deep by the Lion" I agree with him.. Wire just reminded me of Tasker/Shultz. I think that's why i was such a Wire fan. But i see him getting beat deep also :sad: . I hope i'm wrong..
Not only is Wire a liability in coverage, but he is also overaggressive and overpersues on running plays.. He hasn't gotten used to the difference in angles of persuit from a safety position.. Wire takes persuit angles as if he's still a Lber Scraping instead of a DB trying to meet the Ballcarrier at a point downfield.

These two inabilities in persuit and coverage make him a liability in the two aspects of playing the Safety position effectively.. Wire should stick to being a ST player.

alohabillsfan
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
is?????????????????????

Pucillo!!!

I will be surprised that he still on the team!

Same goes for Sullivan!