PDA

View Full Version : Reporting from Detroit! Lions' gameplan!

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2004, 06:31 AM
I'm in Detroit right now and just heard it on the local news, of how Detroit is "gameplanning" for tomorrow's preseason game against us.

Offense will play only a couple of series.
Defense will play some extended time.
Concern about injuries, but will not hold back.
Use it to give final evaluation to some players, win-loss no matter.

A very generic interview... :ill:

Jayhawk
09-01-2004, 06:36 AM
and if they aren't holding anything back, I don't htink that anyone should be worried, their still not good.

Earthquake Enyart
09-01-2004, 06:39 AM
The paper here says that Harrington may not even play.

Detroit lost James Stewart in the last preseason game last year, and is ultra paraniod about injuries. Kinda like us.

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2004, 06:41 AM
I think Detroit will be much better than you think. Harrington 3rd year coming of age. Rogers fully healthy. Dynamic rookies in Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. Mariucci is starting to be his stamp on the team. Plenty of nice FAs pickup.

And don't forget they still have our Shawn Bryson and Olandis Gary. :snicker:

Historian
09-01-2004, 06:55 AM
I think Detroit will be much better than you think. Harrington 3rd year coming of age. Rogers fully healthy. Dynamic rookies in Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. Mariucci is starting to be his stamp on the team. Plenty of nice FAs pickup.

You're right. Plus that lineman from NE. (I forget his name) They are my sleeper team of the year.

G. Host
09-01-2004, 06:58 AM

Orlando Gary was injured and I think he is on IR.

EDS
09-01-2004, 07:48 AM
You're right. Plus that lineman from NE. (I forget his name) They are my sleeper team of the year.

Damien Woody.

Detroit's offense is definitely headed in the right direction will some talented young players. It may take them another year to assimilate the rookies, particularly at receiver (Williams is after all a rookie, a very talented one, but a rookie receiver nonetheless and Rogers, also extremely talented, is only in his second year and missed significant time last year).

TigerJ
09-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Shawn Bryson can be very dangerous when he gets in the secondary. He doesn't have great instincts for getting through the line of scrimmage.

casdhf
09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I used to work in Mayville.

Tatonka
09-01-2004, 10:55 AM
detriots line allowed only 18 sacks last year.. BEFORE adding woody.

the bills offensive line would show a major improvement if they could just get to DOUBLE the sacks that detriot gives up... instead of TRIPLE..

Dozerdog
09-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I see the Lions as a tough team- last year's Cincinnatti- on the cusp of the playoffs

Bill Brasky
09-01-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm in Detroit right now and just heard it on the local news, of how Detroit is "gameplanning" for tomorrow's preseason game against us.

Offense will play only a couple of series.
Defense will play some extended time.
Concern about injuries, but will not hold back.
Use it to give final evaluation to some players, win-loss no matter.

A very generic interview... :ill:

Wow, that's a pretty indepth gameplan. I wonder if they plan on handing the ball off to the running back, or throwing the ball to WR's via QB, or even tackling McGahee using their LB's?