PDA

View Full Version : Jim Miller or Zolman?

Dozerdog
09-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Who would make a better #3 on the roster?

Gregg Zolman or Jim Miller- who I heard got cut in New England.

Miller and Matthews played together in Chicago.

Miller was also brought into interview a few seasons back by TD- ex Pittsburgh QB with some familiarity with Clements and Mularkey.

JP could use their veteran experience to learn by

Dozerdog
09-01-2004, 11:37 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/09/01/miller_release_puts_it_up_in_air/

The Spaz
09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Doesn't matter either one to me. God forbid either one has to see the field for us.

Crisis
09-01-2004, 11:42 AM
What happens when Brown comes back, are we carrying 4 QBs?

Dozerdog
09-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Answer this-

Does Brown still have "potential" or after 4 years in the NFL- have we seen enough?

Who would you want to have start for the Bills in December- if Bledsoe was out for a week- with the playoffs on the line- Matthews (who has started over 30 games and is 3 games above .500) or Travis Brown?

A team should have 3 QBs- the QB of the present, a vet backup QB in case of emergency, and a guy for the future.

Travis Brown dosn't fill any of those roles

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2004, 11:56 AM
4 QB's? It looks that way. I think they made the room on the roster when they dumped Coleman and Brown. I think if the injuries didn't happen, they may have kept one or the other. Jonathan Smith is likely practice squad material and I'm surprised Haddad has held on. Oh yeah....I'll take Miller....no doubt.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Miller for sure. I would almost rather have Miller than Mathews actually.

TigerJ
09-01-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't think having yet another grizzled veteran QB will make a difference to Losman. I'd rather have at least one backup who's young and healthy and knows the system.

Ebenezer
09-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Answer this-

Does Brown still have "potential" or after 4 years in the NFL- have we seen enough?

Who would you want to have start for the Bills in December- if Bledsoe was out for a week- with the playoffs on the line- Matthews (who has started over 30 games and is 3 games above .500) or Travis Brown?

A team should have 3 QBs- the QB of the present, a vet backup QB in case of emergency, and a guy for the future.

Travis Brown dosn't fill any of those roles
I'll take Bledsoe, Matthews, Miller and Losman please...

mayotm
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=Dozerdog]Who would make a better #3 on the roster?

Gregg Zolman or Jim Miller- who I heard got cut in New England.

Neither. Zolman will be cut on Sunday. The Bills have already stated that they are going to carry four QBs (Bledsoe, Mathews, Brown, Losman) into the season. They will not carry a fifth. The only way they bring in another QB is if something happens to Bledsoe or Mathews prior to Brown being available.

Earthquake Enyart
09-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Jim Miller :up:

Earthquake Enyart
09-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Seriously, Jim Miller is a leader and (if his shoulder is healed, a big if) he could throw the long ball way better than Shane.

Both are smart guys who put up big time college numbers ( I believe Miller went to Michigan State). Both have been adequate pro quarterbacks.

Marvelous
09-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Doesn't matter either one to me. God forbid either one has to see the field for us.
AMEN

Iehoshua
09-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Seriously, Jim Miller is a leader and (if his shoulder is healed, a big if) he could throw the long ball way better than Shane.

Both are smart guys who put up big time college numbers ( I believe Miller went to Michigan State). Both have been adequate pro quarterbacks.

I have to agree. Before getting bodyslammed by Hugh Douglass in the playoffs a few seasons back, Miller had led the Bears to one of their best seasons in recent memory. Shane has done nothing but lose starting jobs his whole career.

casdhf
09-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Zolman is cheaper. Besides, who was the last Buffalo Lefty? :confused: