PDA

View Full Version : For those living in reality:

WG
11-05-2002, 04:00 PM
What do we need to do to give us the best chances of winning next season?

I see a bunch of issues that unchanged, will kill next year before it begins. Just curious what your thoughts are.

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2002, 04:03 PM
We need a killer D end.
A solid d tackle.
An upgrade at both strong and free safety.
An upgrade at middle linebacker and a replacement for Eddie Robinson.

WG
11-05-2002, 04:05 PM
What about coaching changes?

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 04:05 PM
coaching
DT
LDE
WLB....Eddie Robinson just ain't cutting it.

WG
11-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Gilbride is pass-happy. I'm not saying he needs to go, but I will say that if Henry gets the same 17 carries per game average that he's getting now, it's gonna cost us next year too.

So how do we deal with that? In all of his career, Gilbride's been pass-happy even when his QBs have stunk.

WCoastFin
11-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
We need a killer D end.
A solid d tackle.
An upgrade at both strong and free safety.
An upgrade at middle linebacker and a replacement for Eddie Robinson.

I heard Grant Irons will be a free agent and I also heard he will be good in a couple of years.

LtBillsFan66
I agree. Coaching changes too.

WG
BTW, I talked to my Titans bud who told me that Robinson was already not playing very well last year.

Again, I really don't want to see another Titan or Steeler this offseason. As soon as the first one comes in, Donahoe should fire himself or GW. :D

4thAndLong
11-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Fire Donahoe? :mex:

DT
2 DEs
WLB
K (until Hollis proves he can kick in cold weather)
DC, HC

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I have nothing against guys from the Titans or the Steelers. The thing about those two teams is that they are both "jam you in the mouth" type, blue collar power running offense. We don't have that kind of personnel to pull that off this year. If you're looking for free agents, look from similar type of teams like the Rams, Raiders, or San Fran.

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Wys who are you kidding. You don't care what we think.

Ralph is mad. This is a good sign.

BillsMan80
11-05-2002, 04:29 PM
We need to worry about winning the rest of this year. We need to worry about what it will take to get to the playoffs this year. Don't Kid yourself, we have a chance.

Tatonka
11-05-2002, 04:31 PM
cancer

WG
11-05-2002, 04:35 PM
You're the one kidding yourself 80. Not me.

EE,

"Ralph is mad. This is a good sign."

Indeed! I fully agree.

Prediction: The coaching is going to continue to be on the hotseat as the rest of the season draws to a close and heads will be called for. We simply cannot approach games the way we did vs. the Texans, Phins, Pats, Lions, Bears and expect no criticism of the coaching.

And for all of you optimists, we could very easily have been 2-7 right now. VERY easily w/ squeakers over just about every team that we've played. Who all suck by the way!

WG
11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
EE,

I do care. I would really like the fans and media to start asking the tough questions like why is Henry under utilized???

Where's the criticism? As I see it all many do is make excuses as to why running him in 6 games wasn't possible. Yeah, sure... :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 04:47 PM
For the life of me, I don't know why when the Pats were all standing around the line of scrimmage, they didn't quick snap to a running play and knock them on their butts. I don't care how far we were behind.

BillsMan80
11-05-2002, 04:59 PM
Don't kid yourself Wys...It doesn't matter how good we've played. We are 5-4 and still in it. As far as I am concerned we are still alive until we are mathematically elminated.

WG
11-05-2002, 05:26 PM
I TOTALLY agree w/ you EE. I was actually waiting for it on a couple of occasions.

I'm tellin' ya, this coaching staff has no fire!

Fair enough. But get ready to have that math become impossible after the Jets or Phins game. N.E. will be a half a game ahead of us after we play the Chiefs and if you think we'll pass them as they play our schedule and we play theirs, it won't be realistic. They won't be looking back w/ the cakewalk teams that we've already played.

Cntrygal
11-05-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
EE,

I do care. I would really like the fans and media to start asking the tough questions like why is Henry under utilized???

Where's the criticism? As I see it all many do is make excuses as to why running him in 6 games wasn't possible. Yeah, sure... :rolleyes:

:eek:
thought you didn't like henry. :D

BillsMan80
11-05-2002, 11:56 PM
We'll see...the Chiefs game should be a good test. We will have Winfield back. Now let's see what Gray can do with a full arsenal. Hopefully better than before, because this week was UGLY.

Typ0
11-06-2002, 01:08 AM
I can see us winning five more games. People are over-reacting because we got routed. Things will look better after we beat Kansas City. We get Winfield back and the Dline starts playing a little better we can go on to beat the Jets. I'm not asking a lot just guys following through with their assignments properly and not getting a lot of penalties. We need to get some stops against good offenses and run the ball more. If we can do these things we are going to be able to beat anyone in the league as long as our receivers and Drew stay healthy. We can beat both the Jets and New England just because they pissed us off and Miami will still be struggling up here in the cold rain and snow. It's still doable. Odds are against it but they aren't anywhere near zero.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2002, 04:29 AM
i hope you're right Typ0.i'm still leary about our defense though.the JESTERS seem to have new life under pennington.the FISH are seeking revenge after the game in miami.the CHIEFS have a great RB in holmes and the CHARGERS are no slouches either with tomlinson.as bad as the BENGALS are,they seem to come on strong in the second half and we still have to contend with dillon.it'll be a tough 5 wins IF we do it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Gilbride is pass happy. He needs to run the ball more. Other than that he is doing a good job. Our D is a mess!!! Poor tackling, bad coverage etc. We get absolutly no pass rush. The weakest positions on D IMO are Dend and Linebacker. Our dends get no pressure, and Robinson's best days are behind him. Fletcher is OK but not quite what I expected. Newman isn't doing too much either. All in all the special teams is heads and shoulders better than last year minus last games bad kicking(punts, FGs, and kickoffs) so I am happy there.

I still haven't made my final opinion on GWs. I see him as someone that is improving, but still making some glaring mistakes. I am not sure he is the kind of coach to take us to the next level. If he is still making these rookie errors ie not going for in on 4th, making bad coaches challenges I say then it is time to see who is available and if they are worth the change.

Keep in mind getting a new head coach could cause the bills to take a step back due to new systems that may come into place and new ways of doing things. I say a change should be made only if TD is sure that the change will pay off with positives imediatly.

MissBuffalo
11-06-2002, 11:35 AM
I agree BF1, we definitely need the upgrade at free and strong safety. Wire has the fire, but he is still a rookie making rookie mistakes. IMO he needs a few years to get into the position.
Prielou, well......he can hit hard, but that's about it.

BillsNYC
11-06-2002, 11:44 AM
ralphy boy is mad..thats all i got to say!

Novacane
11-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Wys........................since you can see the future can you pm me a couple stock picks.:madhop:

BillsNYC
11-06-2002, 12:36 PM
buy enron and martha stewart