PDA

View Full Version : Wys

BillsOwnAll
11-05-2002, 04:14 PM
im not trying to start something with u but what kinda fan r u to lose hope to a 5-4 team(that would get a WC spot as of now) and is a half game back to there divsion leader(who has no QB for a few more weeks) ???????

WHY WOULD U LOSE HOPE???????

i never lose hope and if ur a fan u wouldnt either.

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Get used to it...he keeps us grounded. We could win the Super Bowl and he'd still find lots to find wrong. :D

4thAndLong
11-05-2002, 04:22 PM
BTW, where is Echo?

WG
11-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I just don't see how denying the inevitable is going to change reality.

I mean many are talking as if we have beaten any good teams. We haven't.

We are told that we have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, but apparently it's only explosive against teams that suck. B/c it surely hasn't been explosive against any good teams, defensively that is. Nothing close. Very mediocre teams have totally outperformed us against the same opponents.

So on what is your hope based?

While you will try and eke out each and every win for whatever reason you can justify it, I don't want to see next season wasted as this one has been.

I mean how on earth do you explain, with upgrades to the D, that we give up 60 more points on the season w/ better STs???

I can only explain it w/ coaching.

What are the primary problems of this team?

I say that we choose not to run the ball. Gotta be coaching.

Our D sucks from last year. Since we've got more talent, or certainly not less, it's gotta be coaching.

We're overrated b/c we've had an easy schedule. We can't hang against playoff teams unless half their team is injured. Why?

If these things are not resolved BEFORE this season ends, barring some major coach firings, we will carry them into next year.

So while you're "rah, rahing" for the rest of this year in which we haven't got a chance, I'd like to rally enough fan opinion that the fans really know that the majority of the issues have to do with the coaching. That will keep the organization on it's toes and keep GW, TD, and Co. accountable.

Straight losses to K.C. and the Jets may finally put this ugly year to rest. But wins against the Bears (2-6), Lions (2-6), Vikes (3-5), and Texans (2-6) all which we were in a position to lose late in the games, coupled with a hapless win vs. a totally depleted Phin team doesn't do much to ignite the fire.

Last year's Bears, were they good? I mean they were 13-3. Here's the kicker; 10 of the 13 teams they beat were 6-10 or worse. The other 3 wins were against TB twice and one other not so strong team. Yet, they were 13-3. But look at them this season. Their true colors have emerged. 2-6 and heading for 3-13 instead of 13-3. I don't want to be next year's version of this year's Bears.

Everyone thinks we're great b/c we beat up on a bunch of scrawny opponents. Even when we beat the Raiders, I pointed out that they hadn't beaten a decent team and their 4-0 record was dubious. It was. They're now 4-4.

What makes you think that we can beat the highest scoring team in the league? They will have absolutely no difficulty scoring on us. No one has except for Miami w/o a passing game. The Chiefs are not those Dolphins. If you honestly think we can score that many points and have that much confidence in our coaching staff based on I don't know what, then I'm a little perplexed actually.

Don't you care about next year? This year is over. Not pessimistic, just seeing things the way they really are and not basing them on hopes based on nothing. Anyone who really and truly thinks this team is going to the playoffs or will be a game above .500 w/ the schedule we have left is not being realistic. They're running on emotion.

Tatonka
11-05-2002, 04:32 PM
wys = cris carter

cancer

WG
11-05-2002, 04:32 PM
"Get used to it...he keeps us grounded. We could win the Super Bowl and he'd still find lots to find wrong."

Ahhh Philster! Apparently many of you forget last year and my 12-4 prediction.

What I object to is us not doing the most with what we have. Anyone who happens to think that Gilbride is maximizing this team's talent is kidding themselves. When he does that, and when our D, in spite of getting some players this offseason plays better than it did last year, then I'll be happy. Even if we're only 6-10.

I will be happy when we do what we can w/ the talent we have. But we are a 8-8 to 10-6 team acting like a loser b/c we routinely get outcoached. Frankly, as fellow fans, I'm surprised that those of you most critical are not equally as upset by the total ineptness at our coaching which is costing us games. What kinds of fans don't care how poorly the coaches perform?

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm with wys. I never liked Gilbride, GW must go, Grey shouldn't even be a coordinator, and Danny Smith should be run over with a bus.

If I'm Ralph, I get Parcells address and take a Brinks truck there.

BillsOwnAll
11-05-2002, 04:43 PM
even if we do suk u lose hope?

WG
11-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Hope must be based on something, not merely hope for the sake of hope. You'd ridicule me if I told you that you have no hope that Santa isn't real. Yet, your hope is based on little more. There's nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that we can beat G.B., K.C., N.E., S.D., or even Miami and possibly even the Jets.

Sure, we should beat S.D. b/c we all have this freak hope b/c we hate them now. Oh boy! That's a great reason to think we can beat a 6-2 team with the league's most prolific rusher and an outstanding D when all we have is a passing game.

The Jets beat us before here in Buffalo. Now Martin is healthy, Pennington has replaced Testeverde and their entire team is playing MUCH better ball. Better than we are. Simply saying "Pennington sucks" is not a good basis for hope.

G.B. on the road? Gimme a break! 38-17 G.B.

N.E. Same thing. Williams isn't fit to loosen Belichick's jock strap!

K.C. The most points we've put up all year in regulation is 39 vs. the Vikes, 33 otherwise. Do you really believe that the Chiefs aren't going to put up at least 38 against us, possibly 40 or 50-something? I don't. Who's gonna stop them?

Cincy: Oh boy...

Miami, if Fiedler is back, I say we lose. Even if we win, 2 wins in 7 games to finish 7-9.

There're three games that we absolutley can't win in our last 7. To think that we'll somehow sweep the other 4 is silly and also w/o any sense behind it. S.D. is a tough, tough team.

WG
11-05-2002, 04:53 PM
"Hope" does not equal "Wishes."

WG
11-05-2002, 04:54 PM
I gotta love these threads w/ my name on them...

:D

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2002, 05:00 PM
The Patriots won the SuperBowl last year, right? They were considered a very good team, ranking top in the preseason power rankings, right?

Let's take a look at their schedule last year:

@ Cincy L (6-10)
vs NYJ L (10-6)
vs Indy W (6-10)
@ Miami L (11-5)
vs San Diego W (5-11)
@ Indy W
@ Denver L (8-8 )
@ Atlanta W (7-9)
vs Buffalo W (3-13)
vs St. Louis L (14-2)
vs New Orleans W (7-9)
@ NYJ W
vs Cleveland W (7-9)
@ Buffalo W
vs Miami W
@ Carolina W (1-15)

They only played 3 teams with a winning record last season (Jets, Dolphins, and Rams), "beating up" the losing record teams by 9-2, but faring only a 2-3 record in games against teams with winning records.

I don't hear you taking any credit away from them, saying how overrated they are. Hey, if a team wins the whole thing by playing an easy schedule, so be it. They're fortunate to have such a schedule. It doesn't mean they suck. The NFL isn't going to say "but look at who they played. We should take the trophy away from them."

We're not done yet. It's only half way through the season and you're calling it quits already? Stumble a little and you give up? Do you have a spine? I'm as realistic as they come, and I see our weaknesses. But I don't give it up just because it doesn't look good. I fight to the end.

How many cliches do I have to give you?
"It ain't over 'til it's over."
"It's over only when the fat lady sings."
"You go down swinging."
"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

How would you feel if you kids drop out of middle school because they fail one quiz, and deem themselves losers for the rest of their lives? You'd probably agree with them, hand them a gun to shoot themselves with.

Get some backbone.

WG
11-05-2002, 05:06 PM
So you see us playing as well as the Pats did last year, even as well as they did early on?

Yeah, there is one thing that I see in them last year, they had a DEFENSE, while we have NONE.

You really don't believe that, do you?

"We're not done yet."

Fork time! One more game against the Chiefs and many of you will see the light and we can start pressuring GW and staff in hopes that next season isn't a waste of my time and money again either.

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 05:07 PM
The health inspectors in town again wys??

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Wys, when we make the playoffs or even win the next game, especially the KC game, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOU CELEBRATING or saying how happy you are.

You're not a fan. You're a bandwagon jumper.

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2002, 05:11 PM
And by the way, I thought you had it in your very own title: "The Bills WILL make the playoffs!!!"

Were you being sarcastic, hypocrytical, or bipolar?

casdhf
11-05-2002, 05:19 PM
You guys are wasting your breath, you're just as annoying as the guy you are trying to shut up :dink:

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Sorry about that. I didn't mean anything personal but I just get really ticked off at quitters.

Herdwatcher
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I gotta love these threads w/ my name on them...

See! Now look what you went and did:spank: :stone: :stick:

*** keeps some kind of balance going with the posts.
Things are so crazy on the fourms about the Bills, I think I may have to join and help *** keep the balance.
Again, I'm reduced to using astrics now, if I used his name twice in a post about his name.. buddy forget it! lol.. Boy, Stella Artois is one hell of a woman!! lol! I never knew.

shelby
11-05-2002, 07:09 PM
i see nothing wrong with being critical of coaches or players. i love the Bills, but i will be the first one to ***** if i see something i don't like.
Let me put it to you this way: If any of y'all are parents...you love your children unconditionally. Yet, if your children make mistakes, you will point them out and do your best to make sure that they aren't repeated. This is not a lack of love or loyalty....it is simply the need to see something live up to its potential. If mistakes aren't addressed, they will multiply.
Rock on Wys....you have the right to criticize, it doesn't make you any less of a Bills fan.
:up:

clumping platelets
11-05-2002, 07:16 PM
:eek:

DraftBoy
11-05-2002, 07:26 PM
*****ing is one thing, Ridiculing everything that was done by the team, to the point where it brings down the people that just want to talk about the posistive, not the negative, is goddamn annoying.

Herdwatcher
11-05-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
:eek:

What happens if the #'s get below 40, or above for that matter?
ratio 600 red. 40 p. 1 white?

SoCalBillsFan
11-05-2002, 07:31 PM
give me a break.

Being super critical about your team doesnt make you less of a fan. I personally have more respect for someone who is able to criticise the team they root for than for someone who fails to acknowledge their team might actually have a weakness. It doesn't make you less of a fan. Wys can criticize all he wants, it doesn't mean he isnt a fan.

That being said, you can ALWAYS have hope, because in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

"Wys, when we make the playoffs or even win the next game, especially the KC game, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOU CELEBRATING or saying how happy you are.

You're not a fan. You're a bandwagon jumper."

just stop the insanity please! You think wys will be happy if he is right and we do lose? Of course not. He'll be thrilled if we win and make the playoffs. Just because someone predicts a loss doesn't mean they cant be happy when we win. I predicted we would lose to the dolphins. Man was I upset when we won...

some people are critical. get over it.

by the way wys, you're wrong about this team, they still might make the playoffs :D

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Like I've been saying all along, if all the planets line up just right.....they can make it.

Herdwatcher
11-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
give me a break.

Being super critical about your team doesnt make you less of a fan. I personally have more respect for someone who is able to criticise the team they root for than for someone who fails to acknowledge their team might actually have a weakness. It doesn't make you less of a fan. Wys can criticize all he wants, it doesn't mean he isnt a fan.

That being said, you can ALWAYS have hope, because in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

"Wys, when we make the playoffs or even win the next game, especially the KC game, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOU CELEBRATING or saying how happy you are.

You're not a fan. You're a bandwagon jumper."

just stop the insanity please! You think wys will be happy if he is right and we do lose? Of course not. He'll be thrilled if we win and make the playoffs. Just because someone predicts a loss doesn't mean they cant be happy when we win. I predicted we would lose to the dolphins. Man was I upset when we won...

some people are critical. get over it.

by the way wys, you're wrong about this team, they still might make the playoffs :D

That's right just read the latest "WORD ON THE HERD"
I give credit, where credit is due.

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
"Get used to it...he keeps us grounded. We could win the Super Bowl and he'd still find lots to find wrong."

Ahhh Philster! Apparently many of you forget last year and my 12-4 prediction.

What I object to is us not doing the most with what we have. Anyone who happens to think that Gilbride is maximizing this team's talent is kidding themselves. When he does that, and when our D, in spite of getting some players this offseason plays better than it did last year, then I'll be happy. Even if we're only 6-10.

I will be happy when we do what we can w/ the talent we have. But we are a 8-8 to 10-6 team acting like a loser b/c we routinely get outcoached. Frankly, as fellow fans, I'm surprised that those of you most critical are not equally as upset by the total ineptness at our coaching which is costing us games. What kinds of fans don't care how poorly the coaches perform?

I agree with you completely, Wys....but I was still on usenet last year so I didn't see your predictions last year.

shelby
11-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Like I've been saying all along, if all the planets line up just right.....they can make it.

Since when is astronomy the key to winning football games???
:huh:

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by shelby

Since when is astronomy the key to winning football games???
:huh:

Superstitions play a part in everything because people believe in them....it's a subconscious thing. If they allow themselves to be convinced that something happening will help them win a game, then they will look for that.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Superstitions play a part in everything because people believe in them....it's a subconscious thing. If they allow themselves to be convinced that something happening will help them win a game, then they will look for that.

it's bad luck to be superstitious.

Typ0
11-05-2002, 10:44 PM
I don't take any issues with criticism. I am the overly critical type myself. But I don't go around saying there is zero chance of something happening and then ask people to come down to reality. Those statements are contradictory. Zero chance of something happening is a two headed coin producing a tail on a coin flip not an NFL team winning some ball games. There is even a chance the Bengals could win out...not much of one but the games have to be played to tell the tale and they will have the opportunity to out play their opponents and win those games. Coming down to reality is understanding anything can happen. We already have five wins I don't care what teams they were against. How many people thought we had a chance of finishing over .500 prior to the season? What are our chances now? Come down to reality.

Marcos20
11-05-2002, 11:19 PM
like Wys says "We're not done yet."

come on guys... we are 5-4 ... and 2nd in the division , its alright we have a really difficult schedule coming up.. but come on .. lets have some hope!!

Cntrygal
11-06-2002, 12:16 PM
Wys isn't a bandwagon fan. He's just a little more "pessimistic" than most of us. Which is okay when he can keep it under 500 words. ;)

Mr. Miyagi
11-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Being critical is one thing. I agree that we all need to critique ourselves in order to improve. But Wys wasn't just being critical. He was being cynical. "There is no chance that we'll make the playoffs" is not being critical.

Using your parenting example, constructively critizing your kids is healthy, but telling them that they have no chance in hell to do well in school is another. How would you feel if, as you were growing up, your parents kept telling you that you're worthless and will never succeed? That's BAD parenting. Many many teenagers become drug addicts, prostitutes, gang bangers or committ suicide because of that.

Novacane
11-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Wys isn't a bandwagon fan. He's just a little more "pessimistic" than most of us. Which is okay when he can keep it under 500 words. ;)

A LITTLE more pessimistic?

Cntrygal
11-06-2002, 12:33 PM
:biggrin:

justasportsfan
11-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Wys has a knack of seeing the future...lol. Remember, Rob was to go to the probowl, Drew supposedly was to suck bigtime and so was Henry.

Did anyone here actually believe the bills were going to make the playoffs? To me the season isn't over because I had hoped that the bills would have the record of 9-7. So the season for me isn't over. For those who expected the bills to make it deep into the playoffs then your season may very well be over. I know the bills can get better but not enough to go all the way.

BillsOwnAll
11-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

it's bad luck to be superstitious. didnt i say that b4??

BillsOwnAll
11-06-2002, 01:31 PM
if u lose hope in ur team that has a winning record in week nine then ur a reatrded fan.

dont bother replying to this anyone let wys be a idiot

and if he dicides to take part in my bet(not posting if bills make the playoffs) then we will all know who is right!

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2002, 06:53 PM
If there is no hope of us doing anything I think we should all just quit posting and pack it in till draftime next year. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! To say there is no chance of us making the Playoffs is just plain STUPID! Obviously the chances of it are slim but not 0. WYS walks a fine line between being pessimistic and just being plain annoying. I agree with Billsfanwisconsin. If someone keeps telling you that you stink and there is no chance you start to believe it and then you will have no chance. If we were all to agree on us having no chance at doing anything what fun would even watching the games be??

LuvDaBills11
11-06-2002, 08:14 PM
weve already won 2 more games then last year so how can we be too disapointed? we will beat the bengals and the Jets and probably the fins in december. 8-8 is realitic i think since we were 3-13 last year

don't give up wys. bills fans never give up hope.

Typ0
11-06-2002, 09:22 PM
We're going to beat Kansas City.