PDA

View Full Version : Looking at things objectively!

WG
11-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Where are we?

We were told that this marvelous 46 D would be awesome. We've regressed from last year. That means we've gotten worse... :D

We have a running back such as Henry who is going largely unused!

We were told that this was a "rebuilding year", yet there really hasn't been much "rebuilding" other than getting Bledsoe in here. As of now it may turn out that the biggest reason for his success so far was not our schemes or coaching or system, but talent mismatches due to sketchy talent on the teams we've played.

We have an O.C. coordinator who has a history of inordinately throwing the ball more than most teams. I dare say that Gilbride's teams have thrown the ball on average over his 11 seasons more than any other coach during that span.

We were told that we had the talent for our DL. Where is it? I certainly don't see it.

We've, our coaches that is, have demonstrated hardly any creativity at all this entire season when it's been most needed to boot. Why?

How come many of you only make excuses for these coaches?

Are we going to waste "the Drew years" with coaching that negates our play? If not, then what do we do to correct it?

Is GW doing a good job?

Gilbride with his "pass at all costs" offensive approach as if he'd rather go down in history for being the most prolific "passing coach" than have the Bills win games; is he doing a good job? How many of you are happy w/ Henry averaging only 17 carries per game, only 13 in 6 games?

What about Gray? Our D is much, much worse than last year! If that "improves" again like that, we'll be dead last by week 10 with no hopes of recovering next season. I realize that this was a rebuilding year for the D in particular, but why have we gotten worse? Hanson leaving? Come on...

What about Smith? Are our STs that good? Our punting team is good, but that's only b/c of Moorman. Our KOs suck. Our coverage is average at best, and not really even that. So is Smith that good?

What about their, the coaches that is, predictions of the talent of some players? What have we been told?

Office, Edwards, and/or Robertson would step up. Have they? Not in any games that I've seen.

Robinson was "just what we needed" for this 46. He's not what anyone needs! Quite frankly.

Watson is anything other than average on a good day. But sure, I realized he covered the Lions WRs well and Baker, a rookie who had never caught a pass in the NFL. Yeah, and other than that he's sucked all year.

Henry would be good. Really! Seems like he doesn't ever get the ball. Maybe we should trade him for another WR to make us just like the Oilers with Gilbride as the O.C. there.

Jenkins was what we needed. He isn't even good enough to start over a rookie.

Teague is awesome. He's an overpaid C who we picked up to play OT. We could have had much better Cs for less money.

So where do we draw the line?

Are we content to go into next year w/ the same coaching staff in place?

Maybe we can get more "hidden values" like Farris, Charles Johnson, Huntley, and some other stiffs.

Come on y'all! When do we hold them accountable. At this rate we won't be competitive next season either.

WG
11-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Or....

...you could just ignore all that and hope that in spite of it that we make the playoffs this year.

:rolleyes:

Here's a clue however: Teams w/ the last ranked scoring D don't make the playoffs.

casdhf
11-05-2002, 05:29 PM
:dink:

BillsOwnAll
11-05-2002, 06:22 PM
wys ur really getting me pissed im sick of u being a fan an d talkig smack about ur own team u r one of the worst fans i have ever seen most of us try to keep that stuff in us and think we r going to win every week as for u u think like a total donkey u say "were not going ot make the playoffs" and were a half game behind the divsion leader at 5-4 so just shut up and dont talk smack cuz some of us true fans have hope and when bills make the playoffs i dont wanna hear u post at all

WANNA MAKE A BET IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS U DONT POST THE ENTIRE POSTSEASON ok??? u have so much hope they wont make this bet

shelby
11-05-2002, 07:02 PM
wys....i think we need a huge change in coaching staff.

BTW, can i borrow a crutch to beat Gilbride with for not utilizing Henry last weekend?????

:D

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Nice to meet you, Mrs. Buddy Ryan

KG :chair: Shelby

shelby
11-05-2002, 07:26 PM
;)
gratuitous violence...it's all good baby:D

SABURZFAN
11-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Wys does bring up some good points:

our coaches stink.i wasn't thrilled about gilbride,at first, but i think he's doing ok with the exception of our last game.

this 46 D doesn't seem to be the answer.nobody seems to have a clue.all of a sudden,k.newman does his best imitation of the invisible man.

teague is overpaid for a C.

we couldn't find a bra big enough for huntley and farris.you wanna talk about huge busts.

i don't see why people are getting upset at Wys.he's calling it the way he sees it and i see it too.i still think we have a shot at the playoffs but if last week was any indication,we can kiss our @$$e$ good-bye.we have a couple weeks here for the players and coaches to look in the mirror and see if we have what it takes to contend with the big boys in the NFL or if we're going to get a head start on the 2003 NFL Draft.