PDA

View Full Version : 17 Penalties!!

Marvelous
09-02-2004, 09:28 PM
What a slop fest. MM has a busy week ahead.

TigerJ
09-02-2004, 10:59 PM
True! It will be interesting to see how many penalties end up having been committed by players who will be X-Bills in a week.

Billz_fan
09-02-2004, 11:06 PM
I've ben a Bills fan since the mid 70's, Ive missed maybe 4 games in that time either in person or by tv/radio. I don't have alot of faith for the season ahead. This is at best an 8-8 team. Unfortunatly I feel Im being optomistic.

I hope Im wrong, but my biggest concern is the O'line. We don't have a good one. You cannot build a house with sticks. While they were "ok" tonight, the Lions aren't exactly top competition when it comes to opponents.

The Spaz
09-02-2004, 11:09 PM
400 yards of offense and it would have been more if it werent for the dumb penalties.

Billz_fan
09-02-2004, 11:21 PM
400 yards of offense and it would have been more if it werent for the dumb penalties.

I know, but it was the Lions. Against better competition we fared much worse. The point can be made it is pre season. However I see the same mistakes we have been making for 3 years now.

Just my opinion, As I said, I hope they prove me wrong. Nothing would make me happier.

The Spaz
09-02-2004, 11:25 PM
I know, but it was the Lions. Against better competition we fared much worse. The point can be made it is pre season. However I see the same mistakes we have been making for 3 years now.

Just my opinion, As I said, I hope they prove me wrong. Nothing would make me happier.

I realize that just thought I would put a different perspective on it. If we do get a lot of penalties and **** up like we did tonight in the regular season I will be pissed too.

Billz_fan
09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I realize that just thought I would put a different perspective on it. If we do get a lot of penalties and **** up like we did tonight in the regular season I will be pissed too.

Understood and agree :up:

Jayhawk
09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
since I can't watch or have listened to the game (Im in texas) I can't really talk to much about the game, but 17 penalties, I wonder how many of them were because that stupid chuck rule

helmetguy
09-03-2004, 06:09 AM
since I can't watch or have listened to the game (Im in texas) I can't really talk to much about the game, but 17 penalties, I wonder how many of them were because that stupid chuck rule

None that I know of. Couldn't get the game here, either, but was following it on NFL.com. These penalties were the nagging, aggrivating kind. From what I was reading, they were false starts (Pucillo had a couple), an Unnecessary roughness (Aiken?), Illegal Shift; that kind of stuff. Frustrating as hell.

The Spaz
09-03-2004, 06:18 AM
None that I know of. Couldn't get the game here, either, but was following it on NFL.com. These penalties were the nagging, aggrivating kind. From what I was reading, they were false starts (Pucillo had a couple), an Unnecessary roughness (Aiken?), Illegal Shift; that kind of stuff. Frustrating as hell.

Yeah those penalties are frustrating but I also like the aggessiveness by Aiken even though he has to tone it down some. He had 2 personal fouls and I know 1 was because he kept blocking a player out of bounds on a PR. He's been dominating the gunners all preseason.

Bulldog
09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Yeah those penalties are frustrating but I also like the aggessiveness by Aiken even though he has to tone it down some. He had 2 personal fouls and I know 1 was because he kept blocking a player out of bounds on a PR. He's been dominating the gunners all preseason.

The penalties on the special teams is whats pi$$ing me off. A holding/block in the back call on a kick or punt return is devastating. Talk about something that will change the battle for field position. The worst part is that those kind of penalties are much worse than the stats will show. Not only are the Bills losing the return yards, but they are getting pushed back an additional 10 yards on top of that. I know it's common sense, but think about it.