PDA

View Full Version : Here's my final 53...

Michael82
09-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Quarterbacks: Bledsoe, Matthews, Losman
Running Backs: Henry, McGahee, Williams
Full Backs: Shelton, Lawton
Wide Receivers: Moulds, Evans, Reed, Shaw, Aiken
Tight Ends: Campbell, Neufeld, Euhus
Offensive Linemen: Jennings, Smith, Teague, Villarrial, Williams, Price, Tucker, Sobieski, Sullivan

Defensive Ends: Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, McKenzie
Defensive Tackles: Williams, Adams, Edwards, Anderson, Bannan
Linebackers: Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Gildon, Stevenson, Stamer, Crowell
Corners: Vincent, Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer
Safeties: Milloy, Reese, Wire, Baker, Prioleau

Kicker: Lindell
Punter: Moorman

If they keep Travis Brown, Prioleau gets cut. Prioleau could also get cut, after Milloy gets back to 100% again.

The Spaz
09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I pretty much agree. I love us keeping Lawton and Shaud williams. I am not sure about the safety spot but I pretty much agree with everything.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Good job, Mikey. I would keep Bannan and PS Ritzmann, and maybe keep McFarland in place of Sullivan, but it makes more sense to keep the veteran and PS the rookie.

ryven
09-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Great job I couldn't agree more.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2004, 09:45 AM
As long as I don't see Pucillo's sorry name, I'm happy. :up:

mysticsoto
09-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Here are my picks (slightly different):

Tight Ends: Campbell, Neufeld, Trafford
Offensive Linemen: Jennings, Smith, Teague, Villarrial, Williams, Price, Tucker, Sobieski, Sullivan

PS: Jonathan "Freddie" Smith, Dylan McFarland, Tim Euhus, Lauvale Sape, Gerald Dixon, Constantin Ritzmann, Jason Peters...

I agree that they probably would keep Travis Brown - which would probably bump out Prioleau. I'm not that keen on his play, but he's sort of average and has been here awhile. I would much rather lose Travis if Shane continues to understand and improve with the offense!

I kept Bannan also - Adams and Williams are getting older and do not stuff the run up there like they used to. No doubt they'll be getting tired quicker too.

I put Tim Euhus on the PS. He really didn't do much and requries more developing. At this point, I think Trafford is ahead of him and he can block also. Tim Euhus needs to work on his blocking - very important with a run-oriented offense now!!!

I am glad Shaud was giving the opportunity last night. I liked him the 1st time I saw him and think he's much better than Simonton. Simonton runs like a full back. He may have gained a decent amount against 3rd stringers, but against 1st stringers he would never get anything. Shaud is fast and makes quick cuts. That makes him the better RB!

Ebenezer
09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Tight Ends: Campbell, Neufeld, Euhus

Defensive Ends: Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, McKenzie, Ritzmann
Defensive Tackles: Williams, Adams, Edwards, Anderson

If they keep Travis Brown, Prioleau gets cut. Prioleau could also get cut, after Milloy gets back to 100% again.
Got to disagree with you on Lawton and Ritzmann...they are bound for the PS.

Sobieski, Pucillo and Sullivan all looked like crap last night...our OL backups are putrid...

kgun12
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I have a question. Can't they put Brown on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list? And if so doesn't that NOT count as a roster spot? Just wanting to know!

alohabillsfan
09-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Good job, Mikey. I would keep Bannan and PS Ritzmann, and maybe keep McFarland in place of Sullivan, but it makes more sense to keep the veteran and PS the rookie.

I agrre with ys, keep bannan and PS ritzman

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Here are my picks (slightly different):

Tight Ends: Campbell, Neufeld, Trafford

PS: Jonathan "Freddie" Smith, Dylan McFarland, Tim Euhus, Lauvale Sape, Gerald Dixon, Constantin Ritzmann, Jason Peters...

I agree that they probably would keep Travis Brown - which would probably bump out Prioleau. I'm not that keen on his play, but he's sort of average and has been here awhile. I would much rather lose Travis if Shane continues to understand and improve with the offense!

I kept Bannan also - Adams and Williams are getting older and do not stuff the run up there like they used to. No doubt they'll be getting tired quicker too.

I put Tim Euhus on the PS. He really didn't do much and requries more developing. At this point, I think Trafford is ahead of him and he can block also. Tim Euhus needs to work on his blocking - very important with a run-oriented offense now!!!

I am glad Shaud was giving the opportunity last night. I liked him the 1st time I saw him and think he's much better than Simonton. Simonton runs like a full back. He may have gained a decent amount against 3rd stringers, but against 1st stringers he would never get anything. Shaud is fast and makes quick cuts. That makes him the better RB!Euhus will be picked up by another team in a heartbeat if he's moved to PS.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Euhus will be picked up by another team in a heartbeat if he's moved to PS.
I agree. Euhus is a really good receiving TE and an improving blocker. He won't be cut. Sape, I believe, was on the active roster for too many games to be PSed.

Jayhawk
09-03-2004, 10:18 AM
good job dude.

Ebenezer
09-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I have a question. Can't they put Brown on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list? And if so doesn't that NOT count as a roster spot? Just wanting to know!
no, they must put him on IR or release him with an injury settlement which would then allow them to bring him back after week 10...after watching Matthews last night that is the route I would take...

Michael82
09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
That's actually what I struggled with. I first put Bannan on the team with Ritzmann on the PS, but they flopped them. I think I'm going to go back with my original thoughts...Bannan on the team, Ritzmann on PS.

Practice Squad:Greg Zolman, Dylan McFarland, Jonathan Smith, Constantin Ritzmann, Gerald Dixon, Rod Trafford, Dan Koons (or another team's cut), Daryl Towns (or another team's cut).

Ebenezer
09-03-2004, 11:42 AM
That's actually what I struggled with. I first put Bannan on the team with Ritzmann on the PS, but they flopped them. I think I'm going to go back with my original thoughts...Bannan on the team, Ritzmann on PS.

Practice Squad:Greg Zolman, Dylan McFarland, Jonathan Smith, Constantin Ritzmann, Gerald Dixon, Rod Trafford, Dan Koons (or another team's cut), Daryl Towns (or another team's cut).
I agree on the PS except Dixon...the guy blows...he got burned for what should have been a TD and was still interferring on the play...

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 11:49 AM
I agree on the PS except Dixon...the guy blows...he got burned for what should have been a TD and was still interferring on the play...he's gone.

Michael82
09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I agree on the PS except Dixon...the guy blows...he got burned for what should have been a TD and was still interferring on the play...
Then that spot will probably be another team's cut.

mysticsoto
09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Euhus will be picked up by another team in a heartbeat if he's moved to PS.

You really think so? But he didn't do anything in the preseason...he seems almost as raw as J. Peters was!!! And if all he has is pass catching ability...well so did Peters, but we still cut him.

I think we are top heavy on TEs this year and can afford to take a chance by putting him on the PS. But I really hope they work with J. Peters (if he gets on the PS) more and try to develop him. If he can learn the play calls, he'll be awesome. The guy has the physical attributes to excel. We just need him to apply himself mentally - and with a TE coach to help, maybe they can find a way to get through his skull.

The Spaz
09-03-2004, 12:48 PM
You really think so? But he didn't do anything in the preseason...he seems almost as raw as J. Peters was!!! And if all he has is pass catching ability...well so did Peters, but we still cut him.

I think we are top heavy on TEs this year and can afford to take a chance by putting him on the PS. But I really hope they work with J. Peters (if he gets on the PS) more and try to develop him. If he can learn the play calls, he'll be awesome. The guy has the physical attributes to excel. We just need him to apply himself mentally - and with a TE coach to help, maybe they can find a way to get through his skull.

He was a 4th round pick he will be scooped up right away. HE has don every well during training camp and preaseaon he has been pretty decent at blocking too.

carybillsfan
09-03-2004, 12:49 PM

Preseason means nothing, and we don't utilize the TE in our offense--look at Pitsburgh the past 3 years Bruener had like 15 catches total(that's an exaggeration 'cause i'm too lazy to waste time looking up his stats). Euhus is a qulity young gut, peters just looks like crap, let him go and get on with before the fans turn this into a flutie vs. RJ debate. And besides I'm sick of hearing about a fat tight-end that sucked in college, didn't get drafted and doesn't deserve and will never play in the NFL

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 12:53 PM

I think we are top heavy on TEs this year and can afford to take a chance by putting him on the PS. But I really hope they work with J. Peters (if he gets on the PS) more and try to develop him. If he can learn the play calls, he'll be awesome. The guy has the physical attributes to excel. We just need him to apply himself mentally - and with a TE coach to help, maybe they can find a way to get through his skull.euhus has been excellent in the redzone at camp.
Evans hasn't done anything in preseason either . I don't think we'll be moving him to PS because of it.

Michael82
09-03-2004, 12:58 PM
euhus has been excellent in the redzone at camp.
Evans hasn't done anything in preseason either . I don't think we'll be moving him to PS because of it.
:roflmao:

That's true. If the Bills did that...every single team would consider Donahoe :crazy: :insane:

mysticsoto
09-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Well I'm not a Euhus basher. All I'm saying is that if you have other performing better than Euhus, with the current state of roster constrictions, we may need to place him on the PS. I do admit that I haven't seen enough of him. From the things I've read, it seems like Trafford is performing better than he is. If so, you have to go with your best players. You can't just keep people on rosters b'cse of the position you took them in. And by the way, there is a huge difference in picking people on the 1st round and in the 4th round!!!

If he blocks okay, then maybe we should keep him on the roster. For a team that is now going to revolve around the run for real (and not just b'cse G. Williams said it was) all TE's need to be able to block also. If Peters could do that, he'd probably still be here...

Jan Reimers
09-03-2004, 01:58 PM

I think maybe Porter, who we cut early, makes the PS in place of Dixon. The rest look solid, including Towns, who has some potential.