PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Up or Down: Should Marques Sullivan be cut?

G. Host
09-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Should Marques Sullivan be cut?
My Opinion: Marques Sullivan has a SERIOUS attitude problem thinking he is much better than his 5th round pick warrented. He had the opprotunity to start as guard and he blew it and as tackle he has serious concentration problems.

TigerJ
09-02-2004, 10:55 PM
He's going nowhere fast in his development. I'd cut him. Don't know if the Bills will.

mysticsoto
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately, we really can't cut him (though he certainly deserves it). We have an injury prone line and crappy back up. We have to keep him, atleast for now until we get some better personnel. The line played well yesterday, but if one of our starters goes down, the backups suck big time. Here's hoping Dylan McFarland develops while within our PS and perhaps next year, we can draft some potential starters as well as within free agency. Right now, the O-line is our weakest position and we'll probably lose Jennings next year. If there is anybody we should sign (that may command alot of money) it's Schobel. Then Jennings, then P. Williams. If Jennings asks for too much, most likely we'll have to let him go and bring in someone to replace him and maybe some better people to back up. Then we can get rid of Marques "just give me my paycheck" Sullivan.

Jayhawk
09-03-2004, 10:03 AM
I would cut him, but what else do we have? nothing, so then it's no help

ShadowHawk7
09-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I think that Pat Williams is more of a priority than you guys think. If Schobel reaches double digits again, we may have to franchise him.. Jennings has been solid. When he's in that is. Right now, I don't think he's worthy of an all-star contract.

Bill Brasky
09-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Why couldn't you post all of these polls in one thread instead of posting a million different ones? :idunno:

G. Host
09-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Why couldn't you post all of these polls in one thread instead of posting a million different ones? :idunno:

I do not know how!
As far as I can tell there is no way to include multiple polls in one thread. I already sent a PM to Dozerdog asking if that feature is possible. If they can combine them and not lose the polls that is fine with me.

ryven
09-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately, we really can't cut him (though he certainly deserves it). We have an injury prone line and crappy back up. We have to keep him, atleast for now until we get some better personnel. The line played well yesterday, but if one of our starters goes down, the backups suck big time. Here's hoping Dylan McFarland develops while within our PS and perhaps next year, we can draft some potential starters as well as within free agency. Right now, the O-line is our weakest position and we'll probably lose Jennings next year. If there is anybody we should sign (that may command alot of money) it's Schobel. Then Jennings, then P. Williams. If Jennings asks for too much, most likely we'll have to let him go and bring in someone to replace him and maybe some better people to back up. Then we can get rid of Marques "just give me my paycheck" Sullivan.

Agreed our O-Line is pretty depleted so for now keep him but is worth cutting yes. As of right now I think our only choice is to keep him until next season.

finsrclowns
09-03-2004, 11:59 AM
If Price is healthy, and I don't know if he is or not, you could think about cutting him. With Price available I can't see a real reason to DRESS Sullivan, since you're only going to dress 8 and my first 2 active backups would be Tucker and Sobieski.

The downside of cutting him is if 2 tackles got injured you'd be looking at promoting McFarland from what I assume will be the practice squad. Maybe later in the season that wouldn't be so bad once McNally has some time to work with him. But early in the year no doubt you'd rather have Sully, serious warts and all. It's a pretty close call IMO.

G. Host
09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
If Price and another tackle is injured post week 1 sign a veteran who has been cut who can handle the job for a week at a time.

There are plenty of vets who are on last legs but those legs can last a few weeks.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2004, 01:47 PM
I hate his attitude, but we need every bit of veteran help we can get on our O line. I think we have to live with Sullivan for all - or part - of this season, until McFarland develops a little further. Then Sullivan gets unceremoniously dumped.

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Sullivan's performance really disappointed me this year. The guy did a nice job at guard in 2002. He doesn't make a very good tackle because he doesn't have good horizontal quickness. He's looked very sluggish this year and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I say boot him, keep 3 tackles and if we become desperate for another, sign a casualty from another team's cut list.
The guy needs to move on.

G. Host
09-03-2004, 02:56 PM
"But Sullivan has long arms so he makes a great tackle!" is what his agent claims. Denney has long arms as well and I do not see Bills converting him to OT although I think it would be a better position for him. I do not see another team signing him if Bills cut him.