PDA

View Full Version : Jags beat Pats 31-0

bills_7
09-03-2004, 12:10 AM
is this good or bad? :idunno:

Demon
09-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Pre-Season means nothing. Patriots and Ravens still AFC's top teams, i don't care what they do in Pre-Season.

Michael82
09-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Pre-Season means nothing. Patriots and Ravens still AFC's top teams, i don't care what they do in Pre-Season.
Pats were undefeated in preseason last year. :scratch:

Ickybaluky
09-03-2004, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it.

The Pats sat all their key players (http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=42707).

Tom Brady didn't play.
Corey Dillon didn't play.
Kevin Faulk didn't play.
Deion Branch didn't play.
David Givens didn't play.
Troy Brown didn't play.
David Patten didn't play.
Daniel Graham didn't play.
Christian Fauria didn't play.
Tom Ashworth didn't play.
Joe Andruzzi didn't play.
Dan Koppen didn't play.
Russ Hochstein didn't play.
Matt Light didn't play.
Richard Seymour didn't play.
Ty Warren didn't play.
Kieth Traylor didn't play.
Jarvis Green didn't play.
Mike Vrabel didn't play.
Roman Phifer didn't play.
Tedy Bruschi didn't play.
Willie McGinest didn't play.
Rosey Colvin didn't play.
Ted Johnson didn't play.
Matt Chatham didn't play.
Ty Law didn't play.
Tyrone Poole didn't play.
Asante Samuel didn't play.
Rodney Harrison didn't play.
Eugene Wilson didn't play.

So, other than the fact the Pats sat their top 30 players, it wasn't a bad game. They played the Jags starters to a 0-0 tie through the first quarter. The game was still 0-0 at the half and 3-0 after the 3rd quarter. The wheel came off he bus in the 4th quarter as the Jags scored 4 TDs.

On the plus side, nobody got hurt.

You guys should kill the Jags, BTW. Their best player last night was their backup QB. They can't rush the passer. Their starters couldn't throw the ball. Leftwich looks a little lost out there. If you stack the line against the run and double Jimmy Smith they shouldn't score any points.

SABURZFAN
09-03-2004, 05:40 AM
is this good or bad? :idunno:

it doesn't matter.i'm willing to bet that half of them didn't play.injuries have wreaked havoc this Preseason.

SABURZFAN
09-03-2004, 05:41 AM
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it.

The Pats sat all their key players (http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=42707).

Tom Brady didn't play.
Corey Dillon didn't play.
Kevin Faulk didn't play.
Deion Branch didn't play.
David Givens didn't play.
Troy Brown didn't play.
David Patten didn't play.
Daniel Graham didn't play.
Christian Fauria didn't play.
Tom Ashworth didn't play.
Joe Andruzzi didn't play.
Dan Koppen didn't play.
Russ Hochstein didn't play.
Matt Light didn't play.
Richard Seymour didn't play.
Ty Warren didn't play.
Kieth Traylor didn't play.
Jarvis Green didn't play.
Mike Vrabel didn't play.
Roman Phifer didn't play.
Tedy Bruschi didn't play.
Willie McGinest didn't play.
Rosey Colvin didn't play.
Ted Johnson didn't play.
Matt Chatham didn't play.
Ty Law didn't play.
Tyrone Poole didn't play.
Asante Samuel didn't play.
Rodney Harrison didn't play.
Eugene Wilson didn't play.

So, other than the fact the Pats sat their top 30 players, it wasn't a bad game.

i guess that answers the question.

Earthquake Enyart
09-03-2004, 06:15 AM
The game was on NFL Network. It was 3-0 going into the 4th quarter, then the Jags scored 28 on all the guys the Pats are gonna cut.

The Jags 1st team offense looks terrible.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2004, 08:18 AM

I was just as shocked at how bad their pass rush looked. Facing an OL of Brandon Gorin-Steven Neal-Gene Mruckowski-Bob Hallen-Adrian Klemm their first team defense didn't apply consistent pressure. They have nobody at DE and the only way they applied pressure was by sending LB.

Earthquake Enyart
09-03-2004, 08:30 AM
I don't know where all the talk about them being the surprise team is coming from. They look like 5-11 to me.

Patrick76777
09-03-2004, 08:36 AM
I don't know where all the talk about them being the surprise team is coming from. They look like 5-11 to me.

Probably because they finished last year an impressive 4-4!

I don’t understand it either. We’re going to kill them week 1!

Bulldog
09-03-2004, 08:52 AM

I was just as shocked at how bad their pass rush looked. Facing an OL of Brandon Gorin-Steven Neal-Gene Mruckowski-Bob Hallen-Adrian Klemm their first team defense didn't apply consistent pressure. They have nobody at DE and the only way they applied pressure was by sending LB.

I just don't understand why they cut Brackens and Douglas. If they had younger players to plug into those positions, fine. But if their pass rush looks that weak against an o-line consisting of 2nd teamers, then they are just plain dumb.

alohabillsfan
09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
i guess that answers the question.

It's not like the jags had their starters in the whole game either, you better not be living in denile!

ShadowHawk7
09-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Pats were undefeated in preseason last year. :scratch:

We were 3-1 last year. :scratch: Look how that turned out..

WNYnut
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
also, like the bills, prior to this game, their first team offense (actionville) hadn't scored a touchdown, so let's not get too wacky just because they romped in preseason game.

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2004, 11:05 AM
We were 3-1 last year. :scratch: Look how that turned out..
Bingo. Not to mention we had losing preseasons during the Glory Years.

CAbills
09-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Actually the Jags first team offense did not score against the pats 2nd string Defense that is saying something. The jags 3rd team is better then the pats thats how they scored 31 points.

JayWood
09-03-2004, 06:56 PM
I aws at the Pats/Jags game last night. Company has season tickets, and well all i wanted to do was get a better look at our opening day opponet. Watching paint dry would have been a hell of alot mre exciting than that pathetic excuse for a football game. Two conclusions - 1. We should match up very well against the Jags and get a season opening win, 2. The Pats stadium is one of the nicest stadiums i have ever seen, i was very impressed, the Kraft family did not screw around when building it

Cntrygal
09-04-2004, 05:11 PM
You guys should kill the Jags, BTW.

I can only hope, since I couldn't get to last year's opener.