PDA

View Full Version : Flutie to Pats?

Ickybaluky
09-03-2004, 03:42 AM
Is the local boy coming home (http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=42698)?

Would be a good place to finish his career, given his exploits at Natick High and BC.

clumping platelets
09-03-2004, 03:57 AM
They've restructured his deal every year he's been there. I wonder what the dead cap will be :huh:

McBFLO
09-03-2004, 08:41 AM
It would be one more reason to hate the little bastard!

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I really liked watching him here in Buffalo and I don't want to see him in NE. I despise the Pats....sorry NE39 but that's what you get for winning 2 SBs and going 6-2 vs. the Bills since '00. :tongue:

If in some random twist of fate he ended up starting against the Bills and winning, I'd have to hate him too.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2004, 11:48 AM
If in some random twist of fate he ended up starting against the Bills and winning, I'd have to hate him too.
Nah. Big Sam :sumo: and Big Pat :sumo: along with our LBs will take care of that miget.

Kolbiss
09-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Nah. Big Sam :sumo: and Big Pat :sumo: along with our LBs will take care of that miget.

I would love to see that!!!!!! :smashfrea

casdhf
09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
I really liked watching him here in Buffalo and I don't want to see him in NE. I despise the Pats....sorry NE39 but that's what you get for winning 2 SBs and going 6-2 vs. the Bills since '00. :tongue:

The use of the English language is too advanced, but..... TDRJ?

ticatfan
09-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Nah. Big Sam :sumo: and Big Pat :sumo: along with our LBs will take care of that miget.You mean the midget that would have won you a super bowl if your owner was not a a-hole.

hurls
09-03-2004, 02:47 PM
You mean the midget that would have won you a super bowl if your owner was not a a-hole.

Trying to say he would've beaten Tennessee?

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2004, 03:32 PM
You mean the midget that would have won you a super bowl if your owner was not a a-hole.
Calling RW an a-hole is way off base.

hurls
09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Calling RW an a-hole is way off base.

And what did Ralphie have to do with the Mighty Midget's declining ability, or the fact he still thinks he's worth something in this League?

bills_7
09-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Trying to say he would've beaten Tennessee?

Flutie was something special i watched him in the CFL his whole carrer, he was way to good for the CFL and dominated the league...... if he would of came to the NFL earlier or he played well in NE in his rookie campaign im sure he would of been a Hall of Fame QB.... but anyway yeah i think he wouldve beatin Tenn.... who ever decided to sit Flutie (ralph or wade) had no football smarts or it jst came down to politics.......

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2004, 03:45 PM
And what did Ralphie have to do with the Mighty Midget's declining ability, or the fact he still thinks he's worth something in this League?
Er...are you arguing with me or ticat?

hurls
09-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Er...are you arguing with me or ticat?

TiCat, I just quoted you to back up your point. Sorry.

hurls
09-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Flutie was something special i watched him in the CFL his whole carrer, he was way to good for the CFL and dominated the league...... if he would of came to the NFL earlier or he played well in NE in his rookie campaign im sure he would of been a Hall of Fame QB.... but anyway yeah i think he wouldve beatin Tenn.... who ever decided to sit Flutie (ralph or wade) had no football smarts or it jst came down to politics.......

Flutie got his shot vs. Miami in the Playoffs, and even though Moulds fumbled away a TD, Flutie blew it in the end. But enough of the RJ/Flutie debate. Old news.

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
TiCat, I just quoted you to back up your point. Sorry.
All good. :up:

Kolbiss
09-03-2004, 04:30 PM

Did you really call Ralph Wilson an a-hole....That's F-ed Up man!!! :mad:

The_Philster
09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
:shakeno: Wade made the call...Flutie sucked for most of that season...only started hitting his stride again late. When RJ played well in that Indy game, it was enough for Wade. The only thing Ralph did was back him up. It was a bad move in retrospect, but that's the way it happened

Ickybaluky
09-03-2004, 09:21 PM
It is doubtful the Pats will get Flutie as they just re-signed Jim Miller today.

Crisis
09-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Someone's mad that the only good player from the CFL couldn't beat out RJ.

hurls
09-03-2004, 11:20 PM

Warren Moon and Ricky Ray never got beat out by RJ. :D

tampabay25690
09-04-2004, 09:57 AM
:shakeno: Wade made the call...Flutie sucked for most of that season...only started hitting his stride again late. When RJ played well in that Indy game, it was enough for Wade. The only thing Ralph did was back him up. It was a bad move in retrospect, but that's the way it happened

You know something, ever since Wayne has been gone from B-Lo we haven't been in the playoffs!!!!!

hurls
09-04-2004, 10:03 AM
You know something, ever since Wayne has been gone from B-Lo we haven't been in the playoffs!!!!!

John Wayne? Wayne Grady? WTF is Wayne?

The_Philster
09-04-2004, 11:03 AM
If you mean Wade, yeah...great coach. Going into the game with Indy his last season here (we were tied with them in a race for the last playoff spot), he said we had no chance of getting in anymore. Funny thing was, Indy made the playoffs. A good coach doesn't give up!! :mad: F him!!

mayotm
09-04-2004, 12:49 PM

The Hall of Fame? Give me a break! He had one nice year in Buffalo. Other than that, he has been average at best. Currently, he is a third string QB on one of the worst teams in the league. Yeah, he's terrific.

The Spaz
09-04-2004, 01:26 PM
The Hall of Fame? Give me a break! He had one nice year in Buffalo. Other than that, he has been average at best. Currently, he is a third string QB on one of the worst teams in the league. Yeah, he's terrific.

Don't mind Bills_7 he thinks Tim Couch is special too.:snicker:

Mahdi
09-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Flutie's numbers were actually not bad at all for his three years here. And if I remember correctly in his last game as a bill he finished with the highest passer rating a qb can get in a single game.

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Flutie got his shot vs. Miami in the Playoffs, and even though Moulds fumbled away a TD, Flutie blew it in the end. But enough of the RJ/Flutie debate. Old news.

Yeah, because one shot is all anyone ever deserves.

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2004, 06:44 PM

Couldn't beat RJ's "potential". He ALWAYS beat him. In retrospect, if Flutie DID tell reporters that he felt he was better than RJ, then he was 100% correct.

G. Host
09-04-2004, 07:05 PM
People mock him for number of playoff games he (was QB of) won which is zero. How many playoff games did he start or finish in NFL?

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2004, 07:11 PM

I know, at what, 41? He should definitely be starting over those guys they are paying all that money.

He came here late in his career as well and all the team did under him was win, what did he get? Continuously getting benched in favor of RJ.

ticatfan
09-07-2004, 11:27 AM
I know, at what, 41? He should definitely be starting over those guys they are paying all that money.

He came here late in his career as well and all the team did under him was win, what did he get? Continuously getting benched in favor of RJ.So true, so very true. If you look at his career, he always won and I thought that if he was allowed to finish that year, he would have brought the superbowl to buffalo, a perfect ending to the flutie story, but he was pulled and what has buffalo done since....

casdhf
09-07-2004, 11:30 AM
So true, so very true. If you look at his career, he always won and I thought that if he was allowed to finish that year, he would have brought the superbowl to buffalo, a perfect ending to the flutie story, but he was pulled and what has buffalo done since....

What has Flutie done since? Led the Chargers to a #1 ovr pick? Give me a break.

justasportsfan
09-07-2004, 12:46 PM
the problem here is you guys criticize him as a starter. He isn't, wasn't and never was starter material. He was Rob's back-up that just happened to outperform the no.1 qb. He did a great job as a back-up that he displaced the starter. No one is saying he should be back as the no.1. Is he a great back-up qb to have?Hell yeah.

He was a back-up that lead this team in to a wild card appearance and a playoffs appearance.

bills_7
09-07-2004, 01:51 PM

how old is he again? yeah obv he is way past his prime..... if he would have been playing in the NFL instead of the CFL was my point but anyway..... yes he probably shouldve retired already but he will stay in the league as long as he can so he can earn money in trying to help out his kid......

bills_7
09-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Don't mind Bills_7 he thinks Tim Couch is special too.:snicker:

:yap: