• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

2003 Draft

With opur 2nd round pick I would love to grab:

OLB Boss Bailey Georgia-hes been projected late 1st round-early 2nd round. Lets hope he's there when we pick he is the all around LB's Robinson used to be plus more.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

Im not sure if I am alone in my opinion, but I think we are set with depth, we already have a lot of young average talent. I think what we need is an impact player on defense. I think we should be looking to trade up and find that DE or DT that is going to make a difference. We dont need depth, we have a lot of guys who are average players, or we could go after a takeo spikes in the off-season. same idea.
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

get takeo!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

screw the draft!!!!we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot and we're talking about next year's draft??????are we ready to pack it in because we had a horrible outing in our last game????we shouldn't be talking about the draft until we're mathematically eliminated.we're 5-4 and we're right behind the FISH.if anything,we should be focused on week 11.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i would take the hell out of spikes.. =)
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

I was the first person clammering for Spikes, but its looking more and more like he is gonna stay a bungle, thats a shame too, because he is one of the only huge defensive player availible thisyear

Comment

• Winfield_26
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I like the Dline with a FA addition of a DT, we need LBS to help plug the holes Bailey is this guy, Takeo is gonna be franchised tagged. And yes we are still in a playoff hunt but this is our bye week.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Should have never let big ted go... We should have scrambled to keep him on but free up cap elsewhere...

Or am I just an idiot?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jman
                  Should have never let big ted go... We should have scrambled to keep him on but free up cap elsewhere...

Or am I just an idiot?

He's injured all this year anyway.....so it's a moot point. But overall, it wouldn't have been a bad idea. The only problem is the salary cap room we had was so minimal....we had so many cuts to make to get under the cap...I don't know where else we would have cut to keep Big Ted....do we not re-sign Eric Moulds and let him AND Wiley get away?
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Buffarama
                    Football-Sport of the Gods
                    • Jul 2002

I can't even seriously discuss the draft. Why don't we blow off the next 5 years, and talk about 2007?

Comment

• Marcos20
                      • Oct 2002

i dont know very well Takeo .. he is wortht an impact player?

Si me pueden entender:

"Aguante la Bersuit krajo , E-Moulds el WR +kpo

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Trade up enough to get an impact player in the 2003 draft? It's not gonna happen. It's nearly impossible to trade players in this age of free agency, and TD would have to trade most of his draft to move up very much, or start dealing 2004 picks. I'm definitely NOT in favor of that. Any significant upgrade in personnel in the upcoming offseason will come via free agency, period.
                        Last edited by TigerJ; 11-05-2002, 11:30 PM.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Impact players can be found in the second and third rounds anyway.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                            • Oct 2002

Boss Bailey would be cool. They had a story on him on ESPN on Saturday and he looks legit.

He broke his brother Champs vertical record at Georgia, 42"!!!

I think he is like 6'4"

Comment

• clumping platelets

The draft will be basically used for depth. TD will upgrade the defense via FA. Can't expect many impact players from a draft that starts in the middle to late 2nd rd for the Bills. Yes, you could draft a Josh Reed or Coy Wire but you could also draft a Ryan Denney. Draft will focus on building depth to counter potential future losses in FA after 2003: CB Winfield is one example

ALSO: Bills will NOT qualify for compensation picks, thus all the Bills have is picks in rds 2-7, unless they trade down or trade a player away for additional pick(s)

Comment

Working...
                              X