PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Draft

DraftBoy
11-05-2002, 07:40 PM
With opur 2nd round pick I would love to grab:

OLB Boss Bailey Georgia-hes been projected late 1st round-early 2nd round. Lets hope he's there when we pick he is the all around LB's Robinson used to be plus more.

JefftheBillsfan
11-05-2002, 07:52 PM
Im not sure if I am alone in my opinion, but I think we are set with depth, we already have a lot of young average talent. I think what we need is an impact player on defense. I think we should be looking to trade up and find that DE or DT that is going to make a difference. We dont need depth, we have a lot of guys who are average players, or we could go after a takeo spikes in the off-season. same idea.

SoCalBillsFan
11-05-2002, 07:53 PM
get takeo!

SABURZFAN
11-05-2002, 08:05 PM
screw the draft!!!!we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot and we're talking about next year's draft??????are we ready to pack it in because we had a horrible outing in our last game????we shouldn't be talking about the draft until we're mathematically eliminated.we're 5-4 and we're right behind the FISH.if anything,we should be focused on week 11.

Tatonka
11-05-2002, 08:25 PM
i would take the hell out of spikes.. =)

venis2k1
11-05-2002, 08:34 PM
I was the first person clammering for Spikes, but its looking more and more like he is gonna stay a bungle, thats a shame too, because he is one of the only huge defensive player availible thisyear

DraftBoy
11-05-2002, 08:37 PM
I like the Dline with a FA addition of a DT, we need LBS to help plug the holes Bailey is this guy, Takeo is gonna be franchised tagged. And yes we are still in a playoff hunt but this is our bye week.

Jman
11-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Should have never let big ted go... We should have scrambled to keep him on but free up cap elsewhere...

Or am I just an idiot?

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jman
Should have never let big ted go... We should have scrambled to keep him on but free up cap elsewhere...

Or am I just an idiot?

He's injured all this year anyway.....so it's a moot point. But overall, it wouldn't have been a bad idea. The only problem is the salary cap room we had was so minimal....we had so many cuts to make to get under the cap...I don't know where else we would have cut to keep Big Ted....do we not re-sign Eric Moulds and let him AND Wiley get away?

Buffarama
11-05-2002, 09:30 PM
I can't even seriously discuss the draft. Why don't we blow off the next 5 years, and talk about 2007?

Marcos20
11-05-2002, 11:22 PM
i dont know very well Takeo .. he is wortht an impact player?

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.asp?ID=25916&strSection=stats

TigerJ
11-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Trade up enough to get an impact player in the 2003 draft? It's not gonna happen. It's nearly impossible to trade players in this age of free agency, and TD would have to trade most of his draft to move up very much, or start dealing 2004 picks. I'm definitely NOT in favor of that. Any significant upgrade in personnel in the upcoming offseason will come via free agency, period.

Typ0
11-06-2002, 01:14 AM
Impact players can be found in the second and third rounds anyway.

jdbillsfan
11-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Boss Bailey would be cool. They had a story on him on ESPN on Saturday and he looks legit.

He broke his brother Champs vertical record at Georgia, 42"!!!

I think he is like 6'4"

clumping platelets
11-06-2002, 07:53 AM
The draft will be basically used for depth. TD will upgrade the defense via FA. Can't expect many impact players from a draft that starts in the middle to late 2nd rd for the Bills. Yes, you could draft a Josh Reed or Coy Wire but you could also draft a Ryan Denney. Draft will focus on building depth to counter potential future losses in FA after 2003: CB Winfield is one example

ALSO: Bills will NOT qualify for compensation picks, thus all the Bills have is picks in rds 2-7, unless they trade down or trade a player away for additional pick(s)

don137
11-06-2002, 08:34 AM
I agree with the Clumpster. The draft will be mostly used for depth. After recoveing from cap jail it will very hard for a rookie to start next year, barring injuries, because we will fill a lot of holes via free agency. We won't have to fill any starting offensive positions unless Peerless leaves but TD will try to give him a fair offer without breaking the bank. Riemersma is as good as gone. This leaves a lot of $$$ for defense.
I personally won't be looking at the draft until after the season.

clumping platelets
11-06-2002, 08:47 AM
I like watching college players at positions in which the Bills are likely to be looking at. I watched the Miami-Rutgers game because Miami has a number of day one players. Unfortunately, DT William Joseph will be a high #1. OLB D.J. Williams is one player who could fall to the Bills pick in rd 2. He has size, speed, physical style of play, and that attitude commonly assc w/ Miami

WG
11-06-2002, 09:37 AM

"I personally won't be looking at the draft until after the season."

Officially or effectively? :D

Ditto on the draft. It will be tough to have an impact draft w/o a first round pick.

Takeo would be cool! I don't know why anyone chooses to stay in Cincy. What's funny is that they resign and then complain about it a year later. :rolleyes:

Team needs:

DL: starting DT, DE and depth
LBs: WSLB, depth (It'll be interesting as to what they do w/ Spoon when he gets back next year. I don't think that Fletcher is doing a whole lot to keep his job unfortunately.)
DBs: CB depth and nickel backs, Ss

OL: Depth and a solid starting G
RB: A speedster (Only if RBs aren't being phased out of Gilbride's offensive game plans however. Otherwise, save the money!) :D
WR: Offer Price $2.5M/year or say good bye! Plenty of his type of WRs out there in FAcy. Reed will step up.

Some new coaches: D.C., and I dare say that Gilbride needs a "speaking to" to tell him to "run the damn ball!" Also, depending upon how well we are coached from here on out, GW's job will be on the line next year and he will start to take some significant heat this year.

Marcos20
11-06-2002, 09:49 AM
i agree... the biggest need right now is DL ... then OLB

Typ0
11-06-2002, 10:00 AM
4th and 2 on the 32.

clumping platelets
11-06-2002, 10:14 AM
PUNT!!!!!!!!!

WG
11-06-2002, 10:15 AM
15 yards!

Now we've got them right where we want 'em!!!

:lol:

lunatic_bills_fan
11-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Well I know he has been bitten by the injury bug lately, but "THE FREAK" is a FA aftr this season. Him and Schobel would be pretty cool opposite one another. But I still think we need another big DT in the middle to help free up Williams. LB IMO is the most important part of the defence. Fletcher is descent role model and can help but we need an animal in the middle.

clumping platelets
11-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Kearse is NOT a FA until after 2003.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=26988

BillsOwnAll
11-06-2002, 01:49 PM
shut up bout the friken draft its week 9 we r a half game back from miami so keep the draft talk for the off season when it means something

Cntrygal
11-06-2002, 07:20 PM
2003 Draft

I can't be drafted... my enlistment isn't up until 04.

clumping platelets
11-07-2002, 08:36 AM
:gag: