PDA

View Full Version : New England cuts...

Samphin1
09-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Reports from a Patriot fan on finheaven have said the Pats cut RB Mike Cloud and QB Kiff Kingsbury. I wonder if this move coincides with the salary cap issure discussed yesterday or the rumor of Flutie going back to N.E. :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Reports from a Patriot fan on finheaven have said the Pats cut RB Mike Cloud and QB Kiff Kingsbury. I wonder if this move coincides with the salary cap issure discussed yesterday or the rumor of Flutie going back to N.E. :idunno:
Cloud would then be instantly going to Miami.

Samphin1
09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Cloud surprised me. I thought he would end up rounding out the RB core along with Dillon and Faulk. I thought Faulk was somewhat hurt somewhat as well. Oh well. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Cloud. At worst, he would be a special teams pickup for Miami. Heck, unless Leonard Henry shows us something tonight against N.O. we are in a bad spot at the rb situation. Also, it is KLIFF Kingsbury, I spelled it wrong in the initial post and am too lazy to edit it. :)

finsrclowns
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Cloud surprised me. I thought he would end up rounding out the RB core along with Dillon and Faulk. I thought Faulk was somewhat hurt somewhat as well. Oh well. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Cloud. At worst, he would be a special teams pickup for Miami. Heck, unless Leonard Henry shows us something tonight against N.O. we are in a bad spot at the rb situation. Also, it is KLIFF Kingsbury, I spelled it wrong in the initial post and am too lazy to edit it. :)

Cloud is better than anything the fins have right now.

Samphin1
09-03-2004, 04:30 PM
We might end up agreeing for once finsrgreat. I think Morris should start for us. However, he seems to miss some wide open holes in the middle, in favor of bouncing it outside trying to outrun the corner defenders, which annoys me because he is big and strong enough to hit it up inside and cause soem damage. Leonard Henry is a very talented back we drafted late a few years ago. He did well in NFL Europe but injured himself and hasn't practiced until this week. He will have to show the staff somethign here against N.O. in order to stay on the team. It is a shame too because I think he had a shot at starting had he not been hurt. Oh well, those are the breaks ( such as Losman, and Brown getting hurt right after Carter signed with the Jets).

Kolbiss
09-03-2004, 04:42 PM
We might end up agreeing for once finsrgreat. I think Morris should start for us. However, he seems to miss some wide open holes in the middle, in favor of bouncing it outside trying to outrun the corner defenders, which annoys me because he is big and strong enough to hit it up inside and cause soem damage. Leonard Henry is a very talented back we drafted late a few years ago. He did well in NFL Europe but injured himself and hasn't practiced until this week. He will have to show the staff somethign here against N.O. in order to stay on the team. It is a shame too because I think he had a shot at starting had he not been hurt. Oh well, those are the breaks ( such as Losman, and Brown getting hurt right after Carter signed with the Jets).

Who needs losman and Brown, when you have Zolman and Matthews.............. :sad:

casdhf
09-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Who needs losman and Brown, when you have Zolman and Matthews.............. :sad:

Doesnt matter if we had Reich and Van Pelt, the 2nd and 3rd QBs won't see the field. :up:

finsrclowns
09-03-2004, 09:07 PM

Morris should start? :lol: Does this mean you think the Travis Minor "era" is over before it started? :; Keep sniffing our garbage, Joe Burns or Ken Simonton might be available soon. :funny:
Leonard Henry did have an 88 yard run against third teamers- too bad nothing much since. And thanks but we don't need or want coke snorting Carter on our team. But he would have been a good fit for the fins! :dance:

Ickybaluky
09-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Pats re-signed Jim Miller, so the Flutie-to-NE thing probably won't happen.

Not only did the Pats cut Cloud, but they signed some undrafted rookie RB just released by the Ravens, Kory Chapman.