PDA

View Full Version : Flutie to Bills?

basenjiwarrior
09-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Football Talk (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Consider the source.

The Spaz
09-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Exactly concider the source.:puke:

Michael82
09-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Exactly concider the source.:puke:
I know it's only Pro Football Talk...but if It happened, I'd be happy. :D

Trade a 7th rounder for Flutie, or pick him up after they cut him. Cut both Travis Brown and Shane Matthews. :snicker:

hurls
09-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Is that BrianH's site? Or just as bad, rumor-wise?

G. Host
09-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Nothing to do with BrianH.

Marvelous
09-03-2004, 04:10 PM
My favorite thing about Fluite besides winning was he understands to throw to Moulds often & frequently..

The Spaz
09-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Nothing to do with BrianH.

Just as bad though.

McBFLO
09-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Noooooooooooooo!

RedEyE
09-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Trading a 3rd string, 41 yr old QB makes no sense.

BAM
09-03-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd be fine with this transaction

generalmills
09-03-2004, 05:06 PM
ARGOOOOOOOO's ARGOOOOOOOO's

Flutie has CFL written all over him....

I dont think i can take a return of the mullet....

SaviorFlutie!
09-03-2004, 05:42 PM
WoooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOo
HooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Spaz
09-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Relax it isn't happeneing or wouldn't have gotten Matthews.

The_Philster
09-03-2004, 05:59 PM
I know it's only Pro Football Talk...but if It happened, I'd be happy. :D

Trade a 7th rounder for Flutie, or pick him up after they cut him. Cut both Travis Brown and Shane Matthews. :snicker:
That's sick :shakeno:

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 06:30 PM
NFL Total Access on NFL Network just reported that too. He'd be the perfect QB to groom JP :snicker: Flutie was awsome facing the fins. Bring him in.

Dozerdog
09-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Is that BrianH's site? Or just as bad, rumor-wise?

Mike Florio-Jackass who shows up on WGR once in a while.

Valerie
09-03-2004, 06:38 PM
OMG! If this happens I'll have a renewed interest in the Bills. And I'll have to rethink my move out west.

In all seriousness, I think it would be a good idea. I think he's got some knowledge he could pass on.

Dozerdog
09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
The fact that they suggest he would be traded tells you it's made up.

Let's set aside the horrid track record from this site for a moment.

1- Why trade BEFORE the cut down to 53? That's stupidity at the lowest level- Miami might do it but they blew their wad on AJ Feely

2- Why give up anything for a guy who might retire? Then you have to cut 13 guys to get to 53, not just 12.

3- Flutie does not make vet minimum wage. He has a large cap number- trading for him means paying him his contract balance...not vet minimum

If the chargers cut him- I'd take him over Zolman.

PFT must assume their readers are ******ed.

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 06:49 PM
OMG! If this happens I'll have a renewed interest in the Bills. And I'll have to rethink my move out west.

In all seriousness, I think it would be a good idea. I think he's got some knowledge he could pass on.
Oh Great, the stalker is back :doh: Stick with Vinny, Val. He's gonna be your starter. Stalk him instead.

Romes
09-03-2004, 07:19 PM

1- Why trade BEFORE the cut down to 53? That's stupidity at the lowest level- Miami might do it but they blew their wad on AJ Feely

2- Why give up anything for a guy who might retire? Then you have to cut 13 guys to get to 53, not just 12.

3- Flutie does not make vet minimum wage. He has a large cap number- trading for him means paying him his contract balance...not vet minimum

First of all I don't believe one word that is typed at that site. However I was just watching NFL Total Access and just like Justasportsfan said, they mentioned it on that show. I think that adds credibility to this rumor.

That said I don't see why they would do this. I don't know how this would improve our team.

WagonCircler
09-03-2004, 07:32 PM
First of all I don't believe one word that is typed at that site. However I was just watching NFL Total Access and just like Justasportsfan said, they mentioned it on that show. I think that adds credibility to this rumor.

That said I don't see why they would do this. I don't know how this would improve our team.

I'm by NO means a Flutie Kool-Aid drinker, but he's definitely an upgrade over Shane Matthews/Travis Brown/Greg Zolman. And he's just the type of QB that Mularkey seems to like.

G. Host
09-03-2004, 08:05 PM

It is ProFootballCentral (C as in Crap). ProFootballTalk was a very good site which could not sustain itself. It is like mixing up the Zone with Ranger Rick's.

The reason you trade is because you think someone else is interested which is why the agent may be doing a Rosenass and spreading rumors.

Flutie isn't retiring if he can find any team to sign him up. Flutie probably would be willing to even take a post-game 1 veteran game-to-game contract to stay in the game. Unlike a lot of players he has been realtively healthy in his career and does not seem to want to retire; I would not be surprised if he started kicking again!

Donahoe is not likely to assume the contract in a trade and would require restructuring it so unlikely he will be coming to Buffalo in a trade.

Oh and Zolman will not be on active roster so he would be taking place of some player who will mostly be inactive most weeks like Sullivan. As #3 QB he has some favorable qualities.

juice
09-03-2004, 08:28 PM
In the Ledger coach Marty said that Flutie would make the cut and there wasn't a bit of truth to the rumer that he would be traded to the Bills or Pats.

WagonCircler
09-03-2004, 08:30 PM
It is ProFootballCentral (C as in Crap). ProFootballTalk was a very good site which could not sustain itself. It is like mixing up the Zone with Ranger Rick's.

I didn't believe it when I first read it, until I saw it was being reported on the NFL Network. I can't imagine the NFL Network using Profootballtal, profootballcentral, nor any other gossip site as a source.

justasportsfan
09-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Flutie was a decent qb. Not starter material because he just didn't have the physical tools to make him succeed. If he had height and an arm, he'd be JP Losman. Flutie could teach JP how to slide or take a hit.

Right now JP leads w/ his head just like Rob. Drew could teach JP how to throw.

He'd also teach JP how to back-stab Drew Bledsoe. He'd make a great addition to the Bills :snicker: