PDA

View Full Version : Riems vs. Moore

JefftheBillsfan
07-29-2002, 08:39 AM
Riems comes in as the front runner, but if he loses his starting job, he may lose his job in Buffalo completely.

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 08:47 AM
I think Riemersma takes it easily as long as he's not injured all the time. I'm looking forward to those 2 TE sets with those guysa in there. Lots of options!

JefftheBillsfan
07-29-2002, 10:02 AM
2 TE sets would be awesome, but then where does that leave Centers?

northernbillfan
07-29-2002, 12:09 PM
If Jay gets better as the preseason goes along, he will get the job. It has been his to lose. If he stays injured, it's a no brainer, the job goes to Moore.

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Jay says he's totally healthy, so I think he'll definitely be starter on opening day...barring another injury.

Earthquake Enyart
07-29-2002, 12:13 PM
You're crazy. Moore starts. JR gets cut.

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 12:18 PM
You don't know squat. ;) Riemersma is NOT getting cut.

Earthquake Enyart
07-29-2002, 12:22 PM
I will demand a full apoLOGy on the final cutdown date.

northernbillfan
07-29-2002, 12:40 PM
As long as you apologize if he is stilll with the team.

We will take a 50 word post on why JR is the better TE.

shelby
07-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Homework? No fair nbf!!!
Riemersma will start, and keep the job, barring injury.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You don't know squat. ;) Riemersma is NOT getting cut.

i hope not.JR has the makings of a pro bowl year.i see bledsoe using JR the way he used coates in new england.

justasportsfan
07-29-2002, 08:36 PM
I think the bills will trade Reimersma to the Chargers for Flutie.LOL!

Imagine if that became true? Flutie and Bledsoe on our team?

:hitself: <------wys lol.

Novacane
07-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
You're crazy. Moore starts. JR gets cut.

I will only be slightly supprised if this does happen. I am sure TD was not real happy with JR refusing to reneg his contract no matter what he says in public. If Moore has a great camp I can see Jay being cut but right now I do not expect it.
JR needs to stay healthy this year and quit dropping easy passes or this will definately be his last year here for sure IMHO. Isn't his cap # close to 4 mill next year?

JefftheBillsfan
07-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Welcome aboard B2Rfor6! Great name bud!

standingbuffalo43
07-29-2002, 11:10 PM
isnt riemersma on the PUP list???

WG
07-29-2002, 11:15 PM
You guys apparently haven't seen much of Moore or you wouldn't be so biased towards JR. Moore's an animal, I'm tellin' ya. I gotta agree w/ EE on this one.

Moore wins any singular starting job easily. If we have plans for a 2 TE set, then JR stays. JR, as good as he is catching the ball, is one-dimensional. He can't block very well at all. Moore is just as good catching the ball, can block, plays w/ twice the intensity too.

If Moore doesn't win the starting job, then I'll be shocked. He's such a better all-around TE than JR and has approximately the same ability for catching the ball. Don't let his stats in Dungy's pass-styfling offense fool you....

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Moore is more of an all around threat but I think that JR and bledsoe will work well together!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Wys While I will agree that moore is better all around I would take JR in the receiving dept any day!!!!!!

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Did anyone see the highlights from training camp tonight?? Drew and Jay were hooking up BIG TIME! Bledsoe was interviewed and says he is starting to love throwing to Jay and always wished Jay was on his team when he was with the pats. :D

Shiny Chicken
07-30-2002, 12:09 AM
I really think they'll just end up keeping both... they're both valuable and affordable... so why not?

lordofgun
07-30-2002, 12:11 AM
I'll be expecting that essay from EE. :D

Romes
07-30-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Did anyone see the highlights from training camp tonight?? Drew and Jay were hooking up BIG TIME! Bledsoe was interviewed and says he is starting to love throwing to Jay and always wished Jay was on his team when he was with the pats. :D

I saw that LOG. I liked it alot. The offensive highlights Empire showed of the evening were all passes to JR except for one to centers and one to Moulds. It seems as though DB likes JR alot already.

Michael82
07-30-2002, 04:58 AM
Yup, there's no way in hell Gregg would let TD cut Riemersma! He is the next Coates! Check out my next report and you will see that Bledsoe has been finding Jay all night! :) I didn't see much of Moore, I think they might be using him as the blocking TE!

Earthquake Enyart
07-30-2002, 06:59 AM
The only report I want from you is about that checkout girl at Wegmans. Camp has been open less than a week. The only thing worth watching so far is what they are doing with the OL. If any other TE shows anything, JR is gone.

WG
07-30-2002, 08:06 AM
We'll see. I don't put too much credence in what happens during TC. Quite often the guys who get a bunch of reps are the ones under the microscope the most. We wouldn't have signed Moore to the contract he got if we hadn't planned on using him. JR has refused to re-work his contract which makes him an attractive target for cutting if he doesn't perform 100% up-to-expectations.

The question is, and where we differ is, is how large the disparity is in how well both of them, JR and DM, can catch. I say that Moore is about the same yet brings many other skills to the table that no one disputes that JR doesn't have.

Also, what happens in camp is quite different from what happens in preseason and moreso on the field come the regular season. There have been years where we all would have sworn that based on T.C. and PS performance, a player would have been kept, yet he was not. I'm not saying JR won't be around, but he's getting paid more than he should if he can't play better than he did last year. IMO JR is one case of the dropsies away from taking a backseat to Moore. If he can manage those effectively, then that will not likely materialize maybe. But I'm sure Moore will see some action as well. We're only a few days into camp. If Moore can match JR from a receiving standpoint, then my guess is that he'll be the starting TE. I'm sure DB is versatile enough to adjust who his "favorites" are. It's not like Moulds and JR are gonna receive 90% of the passes in T.C. They're just the ones for now.

Camp is long, much can happen...

standingbuffalo43
07-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Is JR on the PUP list or not? I thought I read he had gotten hurt... I'll have to go searchin for it...
I agree with wys & EE, I to believe that DM beats out JR... but together they make quite an impressive 2 TE set in the red zone... thats a lot of options/weapons out of one formation...
I'd like to see JR stay for that reason alone(redzone), but wont cry or launch a jihad against TD as some do when players they like are cut...

WG
07-30-2002, 10:23 AM
One nice way of looking at it this year is that whoever we keep will at least be quality players no matter who they are. Last year we were forced to stock some guys that won't even be playing this year. Several OL-men among them.

That's a nice change of pace.

Earthquake Enyart
07-30-2002, 10:31 AM
I love how people fall in love with some of these guys. We were 3-13 last year with JR. (yeah, I know he was hurt, blah, blah, blah). Moore is an upgrade. Cutting JR opens more cap room for next year when we go get some DL. Next year could be big.

lordofgun
07-30-2002, 10:35 AM
Looks like I'm interrupting a Dave Moore lovefest!!! :D

JefftheBillsfan
07-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Geez, seems like a lot of support for DM considering the poll is 21-4 in favor of Riems...