PDA

View Full Version : Opener not homecoming for Christie

G. Host
09-03-2004, 10:55 PM
The opener will not be the homecoming for Steve Christie for he was cut by Jaguars

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jaguarsmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars released three players Friday, including veteran place-kicker Steve Christie.

The Jaguars signed Christie last week in an effort to stabilize their kicking situation. Rookie Josh Scobee had missed three of four field goal attempts in the first two preseason games.

But Christie never got a chance to kick in either of the Jaguars' final two preseason games. Scobee made three field goals in a 9-7 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Aug. 27. He made a 31-yarder against the New England Patriots and had a 51-yarder nullified by a holding call in the Jaguars' 31-0 win Thursday.

Also released were linebackers Jimmy McClain and Kenny Jackson.

Jacksonville still must cut 12 players to get to the 53-man roster limit before Sunday's deadline

A shame for Christie who was very dependable for Buffalo and from what I hear a very nice guy.

Marvelous
09-04-2004, 12:29 AM
I wish him the best.
If he could only get touchbacks.....

**I keep missing a Christie jersey on ebay. I see one every couple months.

Billz_fan
09-04-2004, 01:56 AM
A rock solid kicker for the Bills :up:

If he was there in SB 25........Well it most likely would have been different. Time marches on though and all good things end.

Best of luck to Steve :up:

The_Philster
09-04-2004, 04:36 AM
A rock solid kicker for the Bills :up:

If he was there in SB 25........Well it most likely would have been different. Time marches on though and all good things end.

Best of luck to Steve :up:
Yeah..he might've made the kick but you know what would have helped more? If we had actually tackled!