PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else scared that

Marvelous
09-04-2004, 12:54 AM
We have a losing season and have no 1st round pick?
I'm 100% A-ok with the Lousman trade but the thought that we struggle with no first is bugging me.. Theres always the chance we get a pick back in a trade but
that's a ?.

Marvelous
09-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Not trying to be negative but the thought is lingering in my head..

clumping platelets
09-04-2004, 01:14 AM
I always try to be optimistic :dance:

Mr. Cynical
09-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Not trying to be negative but the thought is lingering in my head..
Yeah, don't be negative. Just be cynical like me. :snicker:

But in all seriousness, I hadn't really thought of that until now. You have a point....and not only would we have a losing season and no 1st rounder, the trade value for Dallas would go up.....which is a smack in the face. :mad:

mypoorfriendme
09-04-2004, 02:53 AM
i think if it ends up being a top 15 or especially a top 10 pick, we were better off keeping it. but i guess that even depends on if our say 9th overall pick comes, if we are comfortable with jp losman there, it is a good trade. (try to comprehend that sentence, sorry i couldnt make it make perfect sense)

LifetimeBillsFan
09-04-2004, 04:25 AM
With the defense that they have, I don't think the Bills will win fewer than the 6 games they won last season unless the have a rash of injuries at key positions worse than last season. That should keep them out of the top 10 picks in the draft.

If the Bills' pick is not in the top 10, then, I think that the trade will prove to be a good one. Even though Losman is still pretty raw, I think he has shown the talent to be a very good NFL QB. Based what I have seen of the QBs that are likely to be coming out in the draft next year and the fact that, either this year or next, the tea, absolutely must to begin prepping a young QB to take over from Bledsoe, I don't think that it would be possible for them to get a young QB with the talent and potential that Losman has outside of the top 10 picks in the draft (top 5 if Leinart of USC doesn't come out early). Dan Orlovsky (UConn), Gino Guidugli (UCincy) , Andrew Walter (ASU), Kyle Orton (Purdue), and Aaron Rodgers (Cal) are the top QB prospects after Leinart--I wouldn't take any of them over Losman, who would easily be right alongside Leinart as the top prospect and a likely top 5 pick, if he were coming out with this group.

Even if the Bills fall on their face this season and end up having traded a top 10 pick, would you trade Losman for the right to pick any one of these QBs?--Because that's what the Bills would have to do with that pick (if they still had it)--especially if Bledsoe's play was the reason that the team did so poorly (and then, there would be pressure to start the QB they would end up taking with that pick as a rookie--Losman, at least, will have some practice time and sideline experience under his belt next season).

Jan Reimers
09-04-2004, 08:33 AM
TD can always slap a franchise tag on Schobel - who just might Price (pun intended) himself out of our plans, and trade him for a number 1.

FTG
09-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Even if we were the worst team in the league this year it will still be a good trade if Losman turns out to be a star. Don't worry about that. We have not even lost 1 game yet :D