X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Food for thought...

All we have heard lately about the labor/c.b.a. negotiations is nothing good and nothing positive. But, seriously when does any negotiations go well, and when does any strike pending talks end early? Answer, they never do. They will start making progress, when games get nearer, or ( lets hope not ) games start passing by.

This maybe a pipe dream of mine, but who's to say that they may already have a deal in place, and all they are doing now is dotting a few I's and a few T's. Like I said, its a pipe dream...
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

I think if that were the casethen both sides would be a bit more open to the public about the negotiations and not criticizing the other side as being fault of the lack of progress in the talks...

I sure hope your right though...

Comment

• pyrrhonist
      • Sep 2003

While I would love to believe that this can be solved or is solved, I just can't. We're talking about 2 different greedy entities here, ones that think the NHL is this super-profitable sport. It's like the NHLPA thinks this is the NFL, and each and every game turns a profit. I'm worried about this season starting, I had planned on following the Sabres from arena to arena here in CA in March of '05.

Comment

• Myers57
        Registered User and McLovin stunt double
        • Sep 2003

Yea but march is awhile from now, they should have the issue resolved by then...

Comment

• pyrrhonist
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
          Yea but march is awhile from now, they should have the issue resolved by then...
          Isn't optimism an archaic way of thinking?

Seriously, I hope you're right. But this is the NHL and the NHLPA we're talking about---2 governing bodies that think the NHL is a lucrative business.

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

I Think Eventually the Actual Players will step in and kick them both in the as and tell them to ge the CBA Finished...

No CBA = NO NHL = NO 2004-05 Season = NO Paycheck for Them..

Most Of the Cheaper Players Will Goto Minor, Country and Super League Teams ..

But Players That Get Paid MILLIONS on end.. well.. they want their money!!
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
            X