• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

So who plays in 3-4 alignment?

Last year Gray would put Edwards (before he was injured) as NT in 3-4 and bring on another LB, usually Polk, and take out Sam and Pat on 3 and long. Polk was a better LB than people gave him credit for and I am wondering what the Bills will do in 3-4 situations. IF they keep Gildon use him while pulling out DT? Go with 3 CBs or safeties? We really did not see much in preseason games.

Maybe our "eye" Mike saw something to indicate their direction.

I think our LB depth can be a weakness this year; our front 3 LBs were relatively healthy.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I think you're right about Polk...he was definitely underrated and I think our 3-4 alignment may suffer some, at least at first.
    My guess on the best personnel alignment
    Kelsey-Williams-Schobel
    Posey-Fletcher-Stevensen-Spikes
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I think the 4th LB would be Wire if Milloy is healthy if not I think it would be Stamer.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

I do not think I have ever seen Wire playing in LB position for Bills.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
          I do not think I have ever seen Wire playing in LB position for Bills.
          I was using him in special packages. Seriously I think it could work once in a while.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

How would that be different than bringing an extra safety in a 3-3-2-3 alignment?

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

How would that be different than bringing an extra safety in a 3-3-2-3 alignment?
              It's not that's why I was saying in different alignments.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

If one of my BIG 3 LB's gets hurt in ESPN 2005, I always put Wire in there, and he does a solid job. Wouldn't Gildon be the far right or left side LB in that 3-4 scheme?
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

I figured they might go with Gidson - Posey - Fletcher - Spikes moving Posey inside If Gidson had anything left.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

I figured they might go with Gidson - Posey - Fletcher - Spikes moving Posey inside If Gidson had anything left.
                    Or
                    Gildon - Spikes - Fletcher - Posey

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

That would be down right scaring on 3rd and long for any O, IMO.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• NapalmDeath
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                      Or

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

That is the one right there. Or you could swap Adams with Big Pat

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Or

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

If I'm not mistaken, Spikes played some in the middle in Cincy. And, Gildon has done most of his damage from the OLB position (although they might swap inside-outside to give teams different looks--similar to a line stunt or zone blitz). So, I think you hit the nail right on the head, especially early in the season (assuming that they keep Gildon, of course, which they probably will).

With Williams able to spell Big Sam and the ability of the DEs and LBs to run zone blitzes, the only real weak spot IMHO would be if they try to have Fletcher cover a fast RB down the middle or deep without safety help--Fletcher has gotten beat more than once for big gains and TDs when they've had him do that. Other than that, your alignment offers a tremendous amount of ability and flexibility that will make things difficult for opposing offenses.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

i like the 3-4 defense because the LBs are better athletes.it makes for a quicker defense too.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Or

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

that and you bring in PW,in place of adams, to continue pounding on the Center.
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
                              That is the one right there. Or you could swap Adams with Big Pat

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!let's do it.make those NFL Centers quiver.

Comment

Working...
                              X