PDA

View Full Version : Important questions before Last Cuts.

ShadowHawk7
09-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Is Stamer and/or Stevenson actually an upgrade over Gildon?
Is McKenzie and/or Ritzman an upgrade over Gildon?
Is Haddad worth a roster spot? (5 catches, 87 yards in preseason.)
Who's off to the PS?
Can we get an injury settlement with Travis Brown? (ala last year)
Does it matter, now that we have Matthews?
Does PP, and/or Dixon, and/or Greer get the Axe?
Has Sobeski shown improvement from last year?
Is Lawrense (spelling) Smith for real?
Who gets the Axe? Simonton or Williams?
Is Aiken for real?
Will McNally make the right cuts on the OL?
Is PP too valuble to just outright cut? Can we work a trade for him?
Is it me, or has Sape actually looked pretty decent out there?
Can Luke Lawton sneak onto the 53?

Can Mike Mularky and co. cut the fat off the Bills, w/o slicing the muscle??

:question: :feedback: :question:

Sabre Ally
09-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I'll take a shot at your third question. I love Drew Haddad, but we have so many receivers right now that there's really no spot for him. It's too soon to give up on Aiken, and Bobby Shaw is underrated IMO and is definitely a keeper. That gives us five right there, and that's not counting a return man.

ShadowHawk7
09-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Good point Sabre.. Why hasn't Haddad had a shot at PR/KR? Last year we kept 6 WRs, do you think there'll be another chance for that to happen again?

G. Host
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
One of two possible scenerios:
1. They knew what he could do from film (same as A. Brown) and were just comparing various people to him
2. He is pure camp fodder,

I hope the former but I suspect the latter

ShadowHawk7
09-05-2004, 01:46 PM
With the roster strictness we've had this late preseason, I don't see anyway the Bills would want to keep 6 WRs by cutting valuble depth at other positions. The Gildon/Stamer question strikes me, b/c Gildon is behind him on the official depth chart. Hard to imagine a 2nd year undrafted FA, beating out a past 3 time pro bowler.

WagonCircler
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
One of two possible scenerios:
1. They knew what he could do from film (same as A. Brown) and were just comparing various people to him
2. He is pure camp fodder,

I hope the former but I suspect the latter

I was thinking the exact same thing. One of the positives though (reading between the lines) is that Haddad says the coaches keep telling him "just be patient". Since the best KR/PR so far has been our best D-Back (I can't see them taking a chance like that), it's definitely possible that Haddad is the default and that they are just looking at other guys.