PDA

View Full Version : Will Bills try to go with no QB play?

G. Host
09-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Last year for Piitsbugh they did a play with NO QB. Now with our shortage I could see the Bills running it to give Bledsoe a breather. Bills are in a 2 minute drill and opponent blitzes catching RB in backfield. Rather than having Bledsoe have to line up in huddle to call a play Mularkey sends in player and calls Bledsoe out and all of the players instantly know what play it is!

The Steelers also ran a lot of smashmouth with Jerome Bettis, but opponents always had to be on the alert for the trick play. Pittsburgh once ran a play with no quarterback on the field and a flanker under center, with everybody breaking for the sidelines. Mularkey also designed a series of plays out of the old double-wing formation. "You need the personnel to make that stuff work" he says. "In Pittsburgh we had Kordell Stewart and Hines and Antwaan Randle El. Pretty good little package, huh? Here? Well, you never know. The other day I watched [wideout] Bobby Shaw goofing around, and I said, 'You ever play quarterback?' He said, 'Why?' I said, 'Just curious.'"

SI picks us #3 in AFC East (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/08/30/bills/)

ublinkwescore
09-04-2004, 06:46 PM
You shouldn't have posted this - the Dolphins/Jets/Pats might be reading this stuff.

ublinkwescore
09-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Never mind - stupid SI.

The only good SI is on the back of a Civic.

ublinkwescore
09-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Can Bobby Shaw afford to be goofing off?

G. Host
09-04-2004, 07:03 PM
You shouldn't have posted this - the Dolphins/Jets/Pats might be reading this stuff.

Since M&M did it last year I hardly think it is going to surprise anybody. :funny:
Maybe the team will not have time to prepare for everything so it will catch them off guard but he will need to come up with a new wrinkle.